Friday, January 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, January 16th

Good morning Peeps. It was cold, damp and rainy all day yesterday and we are having more of that today with a high of only 64º.

I have heard from the employment agency, but only to get a better idea of what I can do and what kind of job would be a better fit for me. That means a lot to me though, because I do not want to be stuck in some Receptionist job where I'll be stressed out and be overloaded with multitasking. I'd prefer a factory job.

Not much going on around here except our cable,voice, & wireless bill keeps getting higher. We have the bundle and a 2 yr contract. When you break it down into 3 products it seems alright, but it is more than our electric bill and that bothers me. Anyway we are stuck in the contract for another year.

Have a great day. Hey, I haven't heard from JoS for quite awhile. And hey, shout out to Punkin, "Are you enjoying your retirement?"
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning all

Karlin - we had that same rain all day yesterday but our high was only 47! Brrrr! Wet cold is just so nasty!

Today it's supposed to be sunny and 60 - should be nice. Our winter guests at the condo are really enjoying the beach this year.

TGIF! I have the weekend off! I plan on finishing up the unpacking of the last boxes and cooking the entire weekend.

Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Greetings!

32 here again. Broken record. We did have some sunshine yesterday, which was nice.

Ran around yesterday morning, so today we are staying put and staying warm. Nephew loaded the garage with a new batch of wood, so we are good to go for another month or so.

Hope everyone has a good day. Hugs ~ ~ ~

Comment

Morning...Didn't sleep much last night...was up alot praying for my mom and my granny...Granny was taken to the hospital by ambulance yesterday sometime...she was having double vision and was so weak she couldn't even use her walker.... They have ruled out a stroke and the other major things....she is very very very dehydrated and has a UTI. There is a chance that I will have to go stay for a few days....I have told my mother that if she needs me to go I don't have anything other than my job holding me here....she has alot more responsibilities than I do and its just easier for me to go if I have too....mom knows that I will only go if she ask me and she is not going to tell her sibs that I am willing to come...she wants them to help not use the excuse that I said I would come....

IF granny isn't better today then everything will be moved by a month...meaning longer before I move and their Florida vacation that was supposed to happen Sunday will have to wait.

Prayers appriciated and I appriciate the fact that I can come here and vent.

Comment

Good Morning

Ah Bethina, so sorry about your grandmother... keep us posted.ok?.

feeling better. but not going to push too hard... did get some major sweepering done yesterday.. had cat hair balls in the corners.. ...I even cook David a real dinner .

going to go with David to the store. and a stop at car ins. office...I like to hand the check to the girl at the office rather than mail.. and we go pass the office on our way to store. its only 28 deg. and going to be dropping thru the day.. so will get myself dressed in warm gear and get moving ..

Hi to you all .be back later.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning all!

Sorry about your granny, Beth. Maybe with a little fluids she will be ok.

Think I shall go down to breakfast this morning. I am a lot better but my ribs sure hurt when I cough, but at least I'm on the mend.

My car was ready yesterday and they came and picked me up. They did a wonderful job and even fixed a small dent on the other side that I had not asked them to do. Washed and polished it too. Looks like a new car.

Will go out and do a little shopping later as I need a few things.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning, all. Chilly here today but not frosty. Still no rain in sight. I keep reminding myself that in 1963 it rained every day in Feb.

Soups went over well yesterday and I brought home only about 1/4 of what I took so that was good. Will still have a freezer full of soup as I froze most of the trial run.
              Lots of tortilla strips left so I think I will make some Migas for breakfast. I think Elaine would know about Migas, a Tex/Mex dish of scrambled eggs with peppers, onions, tomatoes, and tortilla pieces, all topped with cheese. Yummy.

Beth, I'm so sorry to read about your granny. I know you love her very much. Prayers for the best.

Guess that's it for now. Have a good day and keep warm if you can.

Comment

Good morning!
                We should be getting weather in the 70°'s for a few days. Yay!
                Yesterday I stayed home all day with a 'scratchy throat'. E brought me some lozenges, so the scratchiness is gone, and I'm not coughing (or going near people). I know I picked this up at the cancer center. Several people were coughing there, and one employee coughed right on me! So, hot liquids, honeyed lemony tea, soups...that's my main diet. So is my comfort-pasta.
                Haven't done much around the house, just recuperating mostly. Today I need to do something productive, or I'll hate myself.
                I've done some jigsaw puzzles, is all.
                But I'd like to enjoy this weather while we have it, and a bit of yardwork shouldn't hurt. At Kitty Peak mountain, someone has already found golden poppies blooming? Do we have springtime in January?????

Beth, sorry about your Granny. It's very common for older adults to get dehydrated. i've become aware of it. When my skin starts looking dry, I increase my water drinking. I've had to go for IV treatments for dehydration --- no fun, though I felt better afterwards. A nurse told me how to check my skin to see how hydrated I am. If you pinch (not hurting) some loose skin together and it stands up on its own, you've gotten dehydrated.

Well, if E will wake up, I want to use the shower. He doesn't sleep well at night, and so I'm afraid if I wake him he will be grumpy. So I guess I'll get some coffee or mocha while I'm waiting. I need to make him a birthday cake today, too.

Have a good day.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Bethina, my thoughts and prayers are added to the rest for your granny and mom, too.
                  I was up a lot with our little dog with her eye problem and cone. She is going back today for a check. If you don't mind praying for a dog, we would really appreciate it.
                  Pat, what kind of cooking? I think I will attempt the Cajun chicken you made.
                  I may go shopping for a dishwasher, but will have to wait to see what our vet says about Lily.
                  Jo, tell E happy birthday! What kind of cake will you make?
                  Maye, happy to read you are feeling good enough to clean. Just take it easy.
                  I better go open up the daycare. Sitting with the dogs in the quiet living room has been a good start to my day. I didn't even turn on the tv for the weather. It is slightly rainy out and that is all I really need to know.
                  Stay well, warm and hydrated, Rounders.

Comment

Thanks, Paula. His favorite is white with white frosting.

Hope your doggie has a good outcome from today's checkup.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jo - I'm with Ellis - I love me some white cake with white frosting!

Paula - I want to roast a whole chicken and make some comfort food. And since we've been in the new house for 3 weeks, I haven't baked a SINGLE THING! It's TIME!
                      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                      X