January 14, Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 14, Wednesday

Good morning peeps. Yesterday DH and I went for a walk at Shalom Park, one of the parks in our community. It is a privately owned park, but is open to the public every day and is so beautiful with Azaleas, Camellias, and many forms of plant life plus the benches, markers, and forests. They have a Formal Garden, Rose Garden, Winding Path Garden, water features and an Olive Esplanade. I had heard about this park, but had not seen it and it's so close to where we live. Now we have a place to walk and smell the roses at the same time.

No news here on my job hunt. Keep the faith.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning.

*shiver* 32 here again. Too cold to wiggle.

Nothing happening here except we have this new addiction. I bought a bag of discounted odds and ends in the produce department and included in the bag were 2 Cara Cara oranges, which we had never encountered before.

We hit 3 stores yesterday trying to find the exact same oranges and found 3 oranges. LOL I have ordered a box. Hope we get what we want.

Had a home visit from our insurance company yesterday - wellness check. We weren't happy about it, but after she arrived it was quite nice and we had great conversations with her. It's a good thing, although you know somewhere in the mishmash we are paying for it.

Gas was $l.70 yesterday. I'm looking forward to $1.50 next.

Donna, sorry to hear about your apples. It's never cold enough here in the garage to freeze anything. In fact, our garage is full of fruit and veg of some sort.

Well, better get going. Have a very good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning.
      It's 44° (before sunrise) and going to only 62°..... There's a "dense fog" advisory til 9 this morning, and...???99% humidity???? I peeked into the darkness and its all clear out there.

Yesterday I did notice storm clouds gathering as we drove to the cancer center. When we left 2 hours later, the sky was filled with dark clouds. The chance of rain today is no longer on the schedule. This should be interesting.

I did see the doctor's head nurse yesterday. Apparently I've taken care of my own problem with the 'D' by balancing my own meds. My checkup was good. She said my test results were very good. Except my weight has jumped up 10 lbs....gotta get walking, or back to the gym! The only thing I didn't think of was my electrolytes, and that result wasn't in yet. So on the way home we bought some Gatorade. As far as the meds...I've been taking them a long while now. I tried their way and it made me sick. Balanced, I'm doing good. They've got their proof. (My former doctors used to discuss my meds with the, even take my suggestion on occasion, to see how it worked for me. But she kept far closer tabs on my blood work.). I do see Dr God next week; I have no idea how he will take this.
      After my appointment I slipped back to the other clinic and talked with that receptionist. She gave me the names of the two new doctors, and my previous doctor's head nurse. (It looks like both new doctors have different head nurses. I will look up tooth doctors' histories. So in case Dr God isn't going to work out, I will know where I will switch. Both new doctors are male, and I thought (hoped?) one would be female. The female docs don't have an ego problem like make docs to, in my experiences anyway. Well, you've probably heard more than you care to about me and my medical woes in the last couple of days. But thanks for listening. I don't think its 'drama' as getting my thoughts where I can see them...some welcome opinions...and straighten out this part of my life.

Today, laundry, floors, call a daughter to see how she is doing, and figure out meals from leftovers to clean out my fridge.
      I think what we don't eat up in the next couple of days, the cat might enjoy it. That cat has become a hazard underfoot lately. Never had a cat like that before, but it could be a danger to older people's walking.

Have a good day, everyone.
      Last edited by JoGee; 01-14-2015, 08:11 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

flying through this morning

Comment

JoGee, don't be surprised if your neighbors move away and leave the cat. They might not be able to take it, or they may not want to take it. I'm just sayin' you may end up with a resident cat.
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good morning.

running a little late ... have a good book on the Nook reader.. and within about 40pages of being finished... Its a complicated set of characters and if I stop reading I will lose track of who is who. ..

Made the long put-off trip to Walmart yesterday... went to Aldis first and was disappointed that I could not get in the mood or that I seen anything I would consider a bargain. except eggs. what has sent the price of those sky high?.. . did buy a lot of replacment items. canned goods.. etc.. but got so tired .. was afraid I might get back to front of the store.... but made it.. we picked up Chili and salad and brought home for lunch... and then I rested the afternoon away.... no lessons .thank heavens.

Good Luck job hunting Karlin.
            Jo.. thinking by now you know your own body well enough to almost tell any Dr.. what's going on.. find a new one....who listens!

HI Elaine .. 32 is a heat wave here this week. .. I would not let the Wellness checkup gal come to visit us... what a waste of
            insurance money and resourses... same as they send out entirely too much paper in the mail.... advertising themselves..
            I probably should have went to my pcp with this crap in my chest. but she does not trust herself to make any diagnosis without
            Tests , Tests, Tests... and was not in the mood to spend $50 on an xray.. ( not so much she dont trust her judgement,, she just prevent law suits )

better get moving .. have one of my older girls dropping in for lesson soon... plus Daugh in law is stopping in after lunch.. she is job hunting and going for interview today.. so better run sweeper somewhere ...
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! There was a very heavy frost overnight & even the tree branches are shining.

Yesterday was good, though not productive around home. Had recipe club at the library & it was the annual soup exchange. We each brought a pot of soup & could take some home. Apparently my wedding soup wasn't a favorite because I brought home most of it. Now the oatmeal rolls I made all went. Corky picked up Blaise from school & he was to drop Blaise off at Kathy's for the afternoon. Well we pulled in around the same time at home here & he had Blaise. This is where the drama of the day began.

When the pulled into Kathy's parking lot, she was sitting in a police car & waved the away. About an hour later she finally arrived here & filled us in. I guess her BF was ticked & shoved her through the bathroom wall & hitting her. Apparently he has hit her before & she threatened if he ever did it again, she'd call the police. Well she followed through with the threat. She had to call from the neighbor's house. When she went back, he had locked her out. She wasn't dressed warm at all & no shoes. While she was calling the police, he left, the police had to break into the house through the basement door. The eventually found him & arrested him. There is a hearing this morning. He also broke her new cell phone, and the police made note of that & the apartment wall & he'll have to replace both of them. In the meantime, she's waiting to hear back from a couple interviews & a broke phone doesn't help. She did call the employer she interviewed with the day before & gave them our number for the time being. Oh the drama of that girl!!! My husband has NEVER layed a hand on me in anger & we ask her where she thought this was OK.

Not sure what today will bring. Nothing scheduled. Laundry & paperwork are my goals.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Jo, the things we learn that we never wanted to know! Usually, medical in my experience.
                Our weather is the same. Heat on in the morning and then warm enough to go out without coats in the afternoon.
                Those oranges sound good, Elaine. I have been buying local oranges and the taste has not been consistent. We had some Fuji apples yesterday that were so good!
                The daycare kids eat a lot of fruit and I try to serve fresh and not canned, except I do buy applesauce. I make it in the Fall, but storebought now.
                Nothing new for today. Except some unsettling news last night that a friend had moved to Henderson, NV for a man she met on some site....ugh! He has a Russian name but has Americanized it, and she up and moved without telling many of us. I can only hope she ran his name through some sites for background.
                "Not my circus; not my monkeys." A different take on the Serenity Prayer...
                Karlinann, what a wonderful park! Anytime we go to Sacramento to visit with my brother when he has an overnight flight, we go to the Rose garden park with the War memorial in downtown. Love the beautiful flowers and their fragrances. Enjoy some for me!
                Take it easy everyone (Maye, this is directed to you) and stay well and out of the way of germs.
                Have a good garbage, um, Wednesday!

Comment

Good morning all!

Oh dear, Donna, so sorry to hear about the latest drama with Kathy but this time it wasn't her doing unless you count picking the wrong guy counts. I hope she wasn't hurt. My heart goes out to you all!

Have been dealing with a cold and sore throat which I believe Maye sent to me via cyber net. Hope I don't pass it on to someone else. So am staying in my apartment for another day. I am doing nothing but reading and napping. Hope I can get out and about tomorrow.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Karlinan, I wish we had a nice park to walk through. I do miss flowers here. Well, there are so,e, but not as big and fragrant as your area!

Cookie, you MUST write a book on Kathy's dramas! It would be entertaining, and probably earn you a big bundle of $$$!

Paula, I would hesitate to take up with anyone I met on sites on the web, no matter his nationality. My brother was taken. By 3 women that way....luckily the 4th is a real charm. I like her a lot. This one is very close to our own heritage background.
                    I have a cousin in Henderson; also GD who travels a lot in her job stops there when she's on business....far cheaper than LV!

Elaine, I've never heard of those oranges, but I love fresh oranges. We used to get some wonderful ones from Australia, but now it's mostly local.

Karlinann, I'm prepared if they don't take the cat. There's a new Humane Society in our mall. The cat will find a new home quickly, I'm sure..too gorgeous not to.

Yes, Maye, we learn a lot about our medical needs over the years, not to mention about how genetics work. Sounds like you're walking a line, too, not to let exams stretch on and on.

We also get free science lectures at the University here, which I love. They sometimes touch on genetics and health.
                    The new series begins in 2 weeks, and has an extra week tacked on this time. It's about Life... Earth's, space, and other possible forms of it.
                    The first of these lectures has the astronomer from the Vatican speaking. We missed him in the lecture of The Big Bang....it was too crowded very early on. This time we are getting a motel near there, taking a sandwich-supper with us early, and get a space in the front of the line very early. Apparently, science and Religion can and does fit together!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Donna, we must have posted together. That is an awful situation for Kathy, but maybe this is a turning point. Callng the police....really hope she does not let him talk her into coming back. Of course, that is the upsides to a broken phone.
                      He can't call her.

Comment

Talked to her this afternoon. The dingle berry dropped the charges against him & he's back at the apartment temporarily. He doesn't have to replace her phone because he was paying the bill. I just shake my head in disbelief.

Comment

I think he owes her a new phone because he broke hers. I wouldn't replace my DD's phone under the circumstances. She 'd have to settle for a trac phone on her own budget! But she shouldn't let him stay, as he'd be a danger to her and a potential danger to her son if he were there!
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                          X