January 11, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 11, 2015

Good morning Peeps. It's already 51º this morning so I know it will be a warmer day. Hurrah!

I have gotten to watch a few good movies this weekend. Have you seen "Philomena"? I love Judy Dench and I really enjoyed that movie.

Today I will make Spaghetti & sauce with my Cilantro from the garden. It is so good.

Have a peaceful day.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning

Hi early bird Karlinann!..

I have been awake since 3am... think I am almost slept out.. at last.... time for the caffeine to kick in and get me out of the bed and recliner!... still coughing...I'm not going to push the meeting and greeting people yet..or too much of the cold cold air.
    but sure hope me and the sweeper/swiffer duster can get acquainted again.. I can not believe my C. tree is still sitting up downstairs.. that must get put away ,Today!. plus some C. decorations that David did not where to put ....

will need to stop at a groc. store some where today and get a few essentials. we are to have icy roads tomorrow.. . I have not shopping at a Walmart since Dec 11.. a whole month.. wow... thats got to be a record

be back later... Stay WARM everyone.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi karlinann! Hi Janet - so glad you are feeling like yourself again.

Raining like mad, but at least it's 34 degrees, and not below 32 like it has been each morning.

Making a new dish for church. Sure hope it turns out.

Better get busy. Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning all!

Glad you are starting to feel better, Maye, and stay warm! Just read on the news that winter is cold and flu season because being cold lowers the immune system. Of course we have always known that and we don't need scientists to tell us.

Yesterday was very busy. In the morning one of the staff and her husband brought their two St. Banards (sp) to MVG. They were so friendly, laid back and BIG. We loved them. Then before dinner I had to make a quick pick up at the dry cleaners and CVS, and then went to Bim's apartment and he loaded up a number of boxes to take to Good Will which we dropped off. We couldn't take all in the car so we went back and loaded up the rest came here to MVG for lunch/dinner and then after that we took the rest to Good Will. I'm beginning to wonder if Bim has any thing left in his apartment as he is getting rid of so much stuff. But then he was sort of a pack rat.

Do not have much to do today except go to chapel service.

Try and have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning, all. Still relatively warm her at 36º so no ice.

I try to shop on Tuesday when Save Mart has senior discount days. It isn't a big saving but every bit helps. My grocery list is growing every day as I run out of things so I may have to have Joyce take me today or tomorrow instead.

Good news. It looks like Kate is coming home. She has been sick off and on ever since she went to Oregon. I was afraid that it wasn't the right thing for her to go with someone she barely knew. I think she will miss the son though. It looks from the pics like they have a good time together.

Maye, I'm glad to you're feeling better but please don't rush it.

Have a good one.

Comment

Morning all

FINALLY! A day off! Six days straight while trying to unpack a zillion boxes has worn me out.

Today must be a spaghetti kind of day. That's what we're having also.

Received a gift certificate for a mani/pedi for Christmas - may try to get that done today just to relax a bit.

Y'all have a good 'un!
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning! It's so nice to see all the posts this morning.
              Today I slept in til 6, and it's still fairly dark out there. It's 49° now, going to 69° today, with 20% chance of rain (and 50% chance tomorrow!). My elm trees are now leafless, and the Pistache is dropping its leaves as well. E had to vac the yard yesterday.

I started out the day by sending my Oncologist a note on MyChart. He hasn't responded to my last note yet, but he should on this one. I am now afraid to make plans to go anywhere. The change in my meds have a side-effect of diarrhea...the big D I've mentioned....I have to "go" up to 6X a day. Body gasses are noisy and uncomfortable inside me. I have to plan where I'll be in conjunction to bathrooms available there. When we make plans to go anywhere, I depend on Immodium to 'stop it up' or Gas-X to 'slow things down, or relieve gas pains' for the day. I shouldn't need to take the extra meds!
              Oh, and the low-dose med I'm supposed to take alternately with the regular one (which I only take once a day now instead of twice), well we had a lot of trouble filling the original prescription, and it looks like I can't fill it without the all-day stress we went through last time. So today I told him I'm back to the regular dosage (at 1 per day rather than 2...just no more half dosage alternately) as of now; and I can't take the stress of dealing with insurance and multiple pharmacies again, with everything else. I wonder what he will say, if anything. I'm not sure I want to stay with this doctor, so I'd like to have him ignore me again. That will give me yet another excuse.

I guess our neighbor (and cat???) will be moving. The guy got married over the holidays. Hope the kids can finish their school year, first. I haven't yet seen the new wife, but E got a glimpse of her. Apparently she doesn't like AZ.

Ahhhhh, I see some light outside...I can get today's paper now.
              No plans for today. E said we can go out for breakfast, or else he will make scrambled eggs for me. I don't want to go out.

Ladyebug, what is the dish you're making today? I'm planning on chicken breasts in mushroom sauce today.
              Nalani, you sound anxious to move back to Hawaii. I can't blame you, though.
              Maye, am glad you're feeling better today.

To all....have a great day.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning my birthday was great! Still learning my new tablet...I don't have wifi in my apartment but a friend has it down stairs and lets me feed off of her if I take my tablet down stairs....will spend some time this afternoon down loading stuff to it...

After a wonderful birthday breakfast with family yesterday some friends and I went to another town and shopped and had a wonderful lunch...followed by a quiet evening...

Plans for today...church...lunch and playing cards

Comment

Good afternoon. Home from church and already dressed in my comfort clothes. Shoes are the first change.
                  Jo, seriously?! What is not to like about AZ? And, hope they take the cat, but don't count on it. People who go away and leave their animals to fend outside for themselves are not above moving and leaving their cat to become a neighborhood cat.
                  Boy, I sound negative today. Sorry!
                  Becky is making cookies, I need to start lunch.
                  My son Spencer just landed in London this morning. He has been promoted up and will have some big trips in the next few weeks to meet with their other offices. He has been tweeting pictures of double decker buses and street scenes since he arrived. My vicarious travels!
                  Maye, so glad to read you are doing better.
                  Pat, I wish I had received the memo on spaghetti day. Sounds good. Also, the Pioneer Woman made a hamburger soup, just a bit different from the one I usually make. It has also made me wish I had bought ground beef yesterday. It is at the top of my grocery list now.
                  Beth, sounds like your birthday was fun. I say, celebrate more!
                  Hope the rest of your day goes well. Ugh, the phone rang and I lost my train of thought. See you all back here tomorrow.

Comment

It's Southern Arizona. Not much green here. That gal apparently is from Florida. Lots of green, and flowers. (But they have plenty of water bugs (cockroaches)...found on there a good 12" long!!! They have lots of gnats and bugs galore ((St Pete' & Tampa is where I visited). Nice scenery though.
                    Here...beware of July/August...sizzlin' season! Granted, we have our insects, too, but don't see much of them. Also, AZ & CA are going to be heading into some serious drought.
                    Every place has its good points and bad ones as well. To each his own, right?

Love England! Hope your son's family has a fun experience. London reminds me of NYC without the tourist traps (castles, etc), but cleaner. I enjoyed the countryside out of London. Warwick, Ely, Cambridge, Bath, Cantebury, and places I never learned the name of....pubs in the middle of (?) as you travel through. They have the most beautiful country sides. We stayed in a little town, Bury St. Edmunds, near Mildenhall AFB....a most friendly place, and historic as well.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                    X