January 10, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 10, 2015

Good morning peeps. Oh, you peeps are so encouraging and precious, but I feel like I should donate those craft items and give up on the FM because there is no market there for what I made. Jo hit it on the nailhead when she mentioned the Nook, Kindle, and all that technology. The folks who live in On Top of The World are all retirees and they didn't give my stuff hardly a glance. If it's not edible or something outstanding they are not interested in buying it. Mostly they sell produce at that particular market.

It's the weekend and we have Showtime for free this WE which is very welcome on my part. I got to see two movies yesterday that I had not seen and maybe more today.

I made spaghetti one day and chili another day this week and yesterday I combined the two meals into one and it was so stinkin' good you couldn't sit still and eat it. I'm all about creating new entree's and it was perfect for the cold weather. Afterwards we took a walk and just to be in the sun was beautiful.

Today I will go to Winn-Dixie and try to pick up our new free appliance they owe us. Well, I wouldn't exactly call it free because they jack up their prices for these so called 'free' things, but I want the Crockpot and hope they have been shipped to the store. It seems nobody wanted the Blenders and they have a bunch of those setting on the shelf.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Today is my birthday and I seem to feel a little older this morning....The job we are doing at work right now is doozy...its one that no one likes...the parts are really heavy and hard to deal with especially when carrying your crate across the room to your table....I seem to have twisted my bad knee. its sore this morning...

Plans for today include breakfast with my parents....possibly shopping and lunch with a couple of friends...if not then lunch with the couple of friends here in town and shopping on my own at big lots...I want to get a new case for my new tablet today that my parents are giving me for my birthday...I also got a beautiful pair of citrine earrings from my mama....Citrine is yellow...Yellow is my favorite color....meaning citrine is my favorite gem stone.

Comment

Good morning.
      Wow, I slept in til 6 this morning.
      No plans for us today. I need to think of something for E's birthday on the 16th. Lately he has been walking like Charlie Chaplin, so I think I'll get him a cane like the actor had. But I was in stitches yesterday just watching him. I'll probably take him to dinner, too. If we go for an early dinner I can chauffeur, but if it'll be a later dinner, then he will have to.
      He will be 78. I wonder if any of the kids will show up to celebrate?

Well, the weather will be in the 60's all weekend, the nights in the 40's. If it stays that way, it'll look like an early spring. I need to get some good soil for my garden. Then I need to get the stuff I stashed in the greenhouse out and put somewhere, so we can dismantle what's left of the greenhouses. He wants to get a shed for storing yard/garden tools and stuff.

Karlinann, hardly anyone believes me when I say that some stores jack up prices for their special "sales" or giveaways. I remember when my daughter had to stay overtime at night at JC Penny's. They had to put new higher prices on all the merchandise so that the sale stickers would reflect the "lower" sale prices.....when, in fact, the store was getting a bit more on the sale prices than was on the original prices. (You couldn't peel off the stickers without destroying the 'evidence'.).
      Ladies, you have to know your stores and their original prices, to know what kind of "sale" is going on. I'd sure like to find one of the "upscale" thrift stores I hear about. My daughters like to go to Ross for deals, but our Ross stores here have crap.

Happy Birthday, Bethina. Have a wonderful day!

Everyone, have a great day!

------Goodness, where is everyone today??? ------
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! We've had several sunny days in a row & it's so nice even though the temps are very very cold.

Yesterday morning Becca requested waffles & bacon, so I made that, and then we spent time finishing up the jigsaw puzzle before she left for school. She got back safe & sound. We got an email from the school that she had made the news, so I checked it out. She was listed on the Deans List for the first semester....we are so proud of her...they had her listed as a Junior though, which would be nice if that was so. I went to the gym after she left. Made several phone calls. One of the calls I received was from our realtor, and the house here is being shown tomorrow at 2pm. I started doing some picking up, but that's today's project.

Besides cleaning today, I hope to get the laundry caught up and work on the pies for tomorrow's potluck dinner at church after service. Think I'll just roll out the crusts & have them ready to fill with apples tomorrow morning so the house smells good when they come later.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, all. Overcast right now but no rain in sight. People are starting to worry that the drouth will continue.

I want to make Albóndigas soup. That's Mexican meatball soup as our potluck for this month is Chile or soups. Too many recipes to choose from. I think I will use Diana Kennedy's recipe as her's are always reliable. Without the mint as I'm not sure how these folks would react to it so will use oregano as some have suggested.

Lily seems to have overcome whatever has been bothering her as she finally hopped up on the back of the couch for the first time since she came home from my sis'. I guess the boys wore her out.

Cookie, hope these are the folks you've been hoping for.

See you all later.

Comment

Cookie, all my fingers are crossed for you. Hope this one is THE sale!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning..

cross off the Good.... its a darn cold .( 5 deg. feels like -14) winter day..nothing good ...except!... the sun is shining...the day has a bit longer of daylight ,,and I don't have to go anywhere...

I would be enjoying all this "in the house" time if I felt good.. but sluggish and grumpy aren't good companions.. can't concentrate on book or puzzle ,hate tv. and here I am grumpy away at you dear fellow Rounders.. sorry

was good to talk to Donna yesterday.. her voice is as cheery as her smile.

so hi to all ..see you later
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning all!

Happy Birthday, Beth!

karlinann, how about showing your stuff at craft fairs. There must be some way you can check on where, when, and fee and how to do it. Maybe on the internet somehow.

Clear and chilly here.

Yesterday I put 3 boxes or bags in the trunk of my car and later this morning will go to Bims and he will put his stuff in the car and we will take it to Good Will and drop them off. Then I shall bring him here for lunch/dinner. Will probably read in the afternoon.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Just checking in. Just a lot of errands. And deep cleaning. Now off to pick up the dog at the groomers.
                  Later, dinner with a girlfriend.
                  Not having a working dishwasher is killng me!
                  Not complaining, just explaining.
                  Keep smiling!

Comment

we left early this morning and are home from shopping. Sierra couldn't exchange her sweatshirt so got a store credit. She got a sweater and another sweatshirt but not from the store with her credit and not from a store that she had a gift card from. Grandma got lunch and the bill from her shopping...I am not complaining because she seldom wants me to buy her anything. 'I don't need anything'. I wasn't overly impressed with the sales anyway. Seems to me that the big sale prices are the regular prices from before Christmas. We window shopped prom dresses and generally enjoyed each others company. Cold today but warmer than it has been 28* and windy. Tomorrow sleet and freezing rain are predicted. Happy birthday Beth, good luck on the house showing cookie, Maye bet better soon. My sister has what you have and she says all she wants to do is sleep and she sounds horrible. Quiet rest of the day from here..

Comment

Working...
                    X