January 09, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 09, 2015

Maye, I'm glad you are up and about, but if your body is saying lie down and rest I want you to listen to it.

OMG, it was so cold yesterday morning here and I was going to just not go to the Farmer's Market, but I went, like a fool. The wind chill was the worst though. To start out I couldn't keep my stuff on the table after I got it set up, even though my hands were like numb from being cold. It kept blowing off and I would have to go chasing stuff. All the other vendors were so nice and helpful too.

I sold one tote bag. They did not charge me the booth fee so I made $5 total, but it was not worth it. I left at 10:30 because it was hopeless against that wind. It took the rest of the day to get my body back to core temp and my hands are still hurting this morning.

They do have the nicest veggies and fruit for sale at that FM and their prices were great! One lady impressed me with her crafted bags, jackets, and hand crocheted dish rags. Her stuff was exquisitely sewn. One guy was selling homemade potato chips and the bags of chips kept blowing off and every time he threatened to pack it up some customers would come. It was funny. One guy beside me was selling honey, golden honey for $8 a jar. The price of honey has not skyrocketed because that is what the nurse in Aiken was selling hers for back in 2010. Good to know.

I am going to donate all my stuff to my favorite thrift shop. After all, I did purchase all the fabric, felt, and jeans there for almost nothing and it will go to charity.

I will concentrate on getting a job and hoping for a brighter future.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning.

moving slow this morning , because although it is supposedly 19 degrees, It has the feel of - 2... because of the wind... did not sleep well last night. so will be taking a nice long nap sometime today.

want to hear from Karen .... she text me a few times last evening... while they were at the DWTSs show.. her and the girls really enjoyed the time..want to hear all about it..they (paid extra) got to meet with some cast members..

Karlin, hope you don't have any bad results from the "freezing " you took..

be back later.. maybe quick shut eye in chair before D. gets up..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning .
      Woke at 5 this morning. It was quite cold all day yesterday, with the rain and winds. There's a small chance (10%) of more rain through Tuesday, which might not happen at all. But it'll stay in the 60's, which is cool for us, but not bad.
      No plans today...will do what needs doing.

Karlinan, you aren't going to try selling your goods on a better day? I made beaded bookmarks one year. A thin ribbon with an unusual bead and maybe a charm knotted at the top, and three smaller beads tied at the bottom. I made a few as gifts, then got requests if they (or their friends who saw them) could buy some. Even some menfolk wanted some. Simple ones (plainer beads, no charm) went for $4-5, unusual beads and charm went got $10-13 ---- figuring in bead/charm costs. I quit making them because my hands were starting to hurt...finding ribbons to thread through beads got tricky til I got some tools to file the bead holes to be larger. Pony beads were too big, but could be crocheted into other items.
      I'm not sure too many people would want them today, because there's the Kindle, Kindle on Pads, etc.

Maye, you're up early! Do get enough rest to get over what you've got.

To all, have a great day.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning.

karlinann, I agree with Jo. Give it at least one more try on a better day. After all the work you went to, don't give up so quickly.

Jo brought me a bookmark, but I never used it that way. I have mine tied to my lamp next to where I sit, and I see and touch it everyday. I LOVE it, and it gives me such lovely memories of our time together.
        Thanks again, Jo!

Janet, John is still coughing. He never really felt all that bad, but this cough. O dear.

Well, I went to the market and bought some buy 1 get one for 1 cent items, and 2 items didn't ring up correctly. I am going back with my receipt today and get it straight. I used to ignore stuff like this, but no more.

No news here. Staying near the fire. 25 outside right now.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Morning all

Why is it so hard to get a teenager out of bed and into the car and out the door?

Slept pretty good last night - ready to get some stuff done today.

Karlin - I agree, wait for warmer temps and try again. I think next time will be better.

Y'all have a good 'un!
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Karliann I agree try one more time on a better day....

Work today...unsure of my evening...

Tomarrow is my Birthday...hoping to have breakfast with my parents and pick up my bday gift..a tablet..then going shopping with friends in Mount Vernon...Kmart...good will and possibly Super Walmart..and dollar tree.

Comment

Good morning all!

Karlinann, I agree with everyone else, don't give up yet. Wait for better weather and then try again. In the meantime make a few more things to sell as you sound very talented.

Like Jo, we had rain all day yesterday. Had to go out in it twice too and it was very chilly--for Arizona. Nothing like what some of you are experiencing though. Not sure what will happen today as I haven't really looked outside yet. Always a surprise when I open the curtains. Have to run an errand or two later this morning.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Elaine, you still have that bookmark? I'm so pleased!
                We really enjoyed the Roundup there. I still remember the fish fry.....ohhhh, so gooood!

Menthol (Vick's) is the best thing I know for easing coughs, clearing up the sinus'. My hairdresser uses a Rosemary Cream, because she doesn't care for the 'nasty' menthol smell. Do you have Rosemary on hand to boil like a potpourri? Maybe that will clear the air for John. Hope he gets over that cough soon. Got chicken soup? It's got a number of healing qualities.
                My mom would simmer a whole lemon, remove the lemon and cut it and squeeze the juice into the water, then add honey.
                Then every time we coughed we'd have to have a jigger full to give relief. For adults she'd add some brandy to it. But it was as effective as any cough strup I've ever had.
                Last edited by JoGee; 01-09-2015, 09:49 AM.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Looks to be warm all week here with temps in the high 60s or low 70s. Poor little GD in ND is freezing with temps below zero all the time.
                  Nothing much to report here so will wish you all a great day and do try to keep warm.

Comment

I do believe the temp is 10* this morning. Must be a heat wave! The kids had school today so I will see my granddaughter for lunch. Think I will feed her leftover spaghetti but need to run into the grocery store for the spaghetti. Got my hair cut yesterday and feel several pounds lighter...look much better too! No plans other than lunch but then this week of cold has made me very conscience about food! Stay warm...feel better...think Spring!

Comment

Happy Friday! I have my chicken all cooked for the poppyseed chicken I am making for the shelter. My kitchen windows are all steamed up.
                      I washed the daycare floor this morning. I need a new floor cleaner that smells better. I like lemon, but haven't found a cleaner that doesn't smell industrial. I can't describe it, just know I don't like strong cleaner smells.
                      Karlinann, since weather was such an issue, I agree with everyone else and say wait for a nice day. And your honey price is the same as ours! I like the blackberry honey and Wild flower honey.
                      Elaine, Vick's on the bottom of the feet really helps with colds and coughs. Larger pores absorb things faster through the feet. And Zicam has been great for me in years past. I have been using essential oils this past year and haven't needed to buy Zicam, yet.
                      The bookmarks Jo and Karlinann made sound so nice! I used to cross stitch, but my carpal tunnel has made it so difficult to maneuver a needle.
                      Have a good day and hope all goes well in your world!

Comment

Paula, have you tried Fabuloso lavender-scented floor cleaner? When I cleaned condos on weekends a couple of years ago, we used it a LOT - it smells wonderful!
                        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Morning Rounders, it is still below freezing here. Don't see much relief in sight for the near futher. water is frozen in the unprocted areas. Do not like the cold. Hurry up Spring.
                          All gave some,
                          Some gave all.

Comment

16F right now with WC if -3. Don't think I will go out today as it is not worth it.

Comment

went out with David. to pick up his perscript. and the meds .. also trip to the bank... stopped for cooked meal at restaurant.. and suddenly like a deflated balloon... I wanna go home!.... so poor D. have to bring me home. skipping the groc store stop..

I HATE WINTER... I HATE BEING ILL...

it sure is making me grouchy

thank heavens Cookie called me and cheered me up!
                              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                              X