JAN06, 2015, Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAN06, 2015, Tuesday

Hello there. I did some more garden clean up work yesterday afternoon because it was so pretty outside and I just needed to be out in that sun. I took a short walk in it too.

I have started making bookmarks with the felt and these will have hearts on them because it's close to Valentine's Day. After this Thursday I'll have a general idea of what the Farmer's Market crowd likes and will know what to make and try to sell.

Today I will buy seed potatoes and whatever else I can plant for the cold season. I can sow beets, turnips, collard greens, mustard, onions, cabbage, kale, radishes, and garlic. Of course I don't eat all of that stuff, nor do I have room for it all in my garden, but it's great to know that you can plant it if you want to.

Peace & Plenty
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning.

30 here again this morning. Nobody is walking or gardening in this neck of the woods.
    However, the sun last night was so bright it looked like daylight around 3a. Strange.

No news down here. John went back to doc for another shot. Sure hope he gets over this soon.
    Heard from Louise. Said she is OK and been trying to get on the RT but having problems.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a good day.

Janet, hope you are better.

Comment

Good morning all

Thanks for the update on Louise as I have been wondering about her. Sure wish she could get to us and tell us how she is doing.

Chilly weather here but at least it's not what the north east and Chicago area are getting. Brrr. Makes me glad of where I am.

Intend to do more going through stuff today. Pitching some and taking other stuff to Good Will. Must get started on some phone calls to find out things too. Did take my car in yesterday to see about getting a dent repaired where I backed into something over a year ago. My fault as I should of looked more carefully. Got the estimate (ouch) and will take it in next week as I won't have the use of the car for about 4 days.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good Morning! It's snowy, very cold, and school is canceled today...winter time!

(((Aunt J)))...you best get to the doctor & make sure you don't have pneumonia.

Yesterday was good. The sun was out though very cold outside. Just puttered around. Roasted a half a ham & made some yummy potato salad. Making some of Becca's favorite things before she leaves on Friday.

Not sure what today will bring. In the midst of cleaning out some drawers. Debating about roasting a whole chicken so that I can make deep dish chicken tomorrow night. It's nice having Corky around.

Blaise has seemed to grown & matured into another level over the last few weeks. Even his SS teacher & preschool teacher commented. It's been very pleasant the last couple of weeks. Him & Becca would be angry at each other, but he's been very loving, so therefore she's been in a pleasant mood too. It's been very enjoyable around here. I love our morning cuddles & conversations...he's a deep thinker.

Time to get busy....have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
          It's a whopping 49° out right now, but heading to 75°. (In 2 days it'll be back to the mid-60's again.) rain forecasted in a couple of days, but chances are low enough that it can change. The weather can't quite seem to make up its mind. But I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
          I need to get back to the gym. Holiday weight gain. Well, it's been a delicious holiday while it lasted. I didn't think I was too far off my diet. I must've lied to myself when I wasn't looking. Maybe we can take a long walk today.
          Maybe it'll help my tummy. I really haven't been up to par. My stomach has been horrible to me. Since this weekend, I've had some pretty hard discomfort. IT began, really, when the oncologist changed my meds. I hope to get them changed back, and get another doctor in his place.
          Other than that, we have no real plans for today. Just do things we can see need to be done. (Except E. He's behind on his electronics projects, and "owes" people what he's promised to do for them. All men are kids! I'm sure of it.).
          On another note, I think I heard the neighbors return last night. I think I'm glad to relinquish the 1/2 cat to its owner. It's a beautiful but spoiled cat, and is very finicky in its eating habits. I think there's at least one other neighbor feeding it. So I don't worry about it much.

Hope you all have a great day.

I'm a slow typer these days. Often 2-3 people post while I type.
          Louise has been in my thoughts over the holidays. I'm glad to hear that she is okay.
          I need to get back to pitching/donating stuff, like Nalani.
          Cookie, sounds like all is well in your world.
          Last edited by JoGee; 01-06-2015, 09:46 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Cold today and colder tomorrow with a low in the single digits tonight. Burr! Made meatballs yesterday and they are simmering in spaghetti sauce for lunch today. This cold just makes me think of food and eating even if I have to make it myself and everyone knows I hate to cook! Jon is dropping his car off for repair so will be joining us for lunch...he can take home the leftover scalloped potatoes from yesterday. Nothing of great importance happening here just another day closer to Spring.

Comment

Good morning, all.

Back at last. On Thursday my back started to spasm so I took the meds I had to stop it but they didn't work well. Next morning I called me sis to take me to the ER as I was in screaming pain. Kept me for 8 hours and then sent me home but by night it had all started again so called Ada again. Another long day in the ER and they decided to keep me in the hospital. Finally got it stopped and I got out yesterday afternoon.
              back was a bit twitchy again this AM so I took the Flexeril, which my old Dr. wouldn't let me have because it was "too risky for someone my age". Heck, life is risky at my age.
              The best thing that came out of this is that Lily is behaving like a decent dog instead of a yappy brat. I guess their Chihuahuas explained how a dog should behave. She hasn't yapped once so far, ate kibble for breakfast, had her treats and is napping behind my chair. What a peaceful morning. She even slept in the crate with boys at night.

Glad to be back. Everyone be well.

Comment

Oh, Barb, so sorry for the back pain. On another note, I need to board Roxy with those chihuahuas! She is the definition of yappy! I thought my miniature schnauzer was talkative...
                After I saw the morning weather news I decided until it is in single digits I will not complain about my temps.
                Anything starting with a - sign is enough to get me to get a better perspective.
                The noise level here is horrible. Loud, high voices...happy but loud.
                My engine light came on again and Becky is taking it in. On the 31st I had the oil changed at the dealership and since then I have had lights come on...
                Karlinann, I saw a post with a wooden bowl full,of hand stitched red hearts. Maybe a thought for the FM?
                Stay healthy or get better, which ever shoe fits!

Comment

Working...
                X