January 5, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 5, 2015

Maye I'm so sorry you're sick and wish you a speedy recovery. That old nasty sickness is still rampant.

Yesterday afternoon I cleaned up the garden and dug it bigger. I have 3 trash cans of debris to put out this week, but I really got the garden plot in great condition for planting.

We got rain!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning Karlinann......I am sorry to hear Maye is sick....will have to check posts and see what is wrong. Cold here this morning....about 14 degrees... we had some snow coming down last evening...and it has been very windy overnight.....Snoop and I were awake very early ...the wind was really strong outside my bedroom windows. We woke up at 12:30....got up at 1:30. Worst part of that is can't watch TV....this darn Direct TV has not been working for 3 days....I can watch what was taped but nothing else. They are coming this afternoon to check what is wrong. My son who lives 10 minutes away has had no problems neither does my daughter Monica.. If this is how it is going to be...I will kiss this system goodbye.

Wanted to get blood work done this morning...but am going to wait and see what the weather is like....have daughter Marianne call me when she goes to work to tell me if the roads are not slick...they were bad yesterday morning...so won't take a chance. Monica and Hannah are coming over today....Monica said she is bringing couple of rotisserie chickens for dinner....I am going to make the sides
    Matt and Shirley will join us for dinner. The best part of it is Monica and Hannah will take down our Christmas Tree.

Sounds like you have your garden ready for planting..... We, Marianne and I used to plant vegetables...but have not done so for many years. Now that she can't eat fresh vegetables or fruit...only canned....we don't even get the boxes from the farm like we used to. Now I can depend on my son Matthew for fresh garden items...last year he had a larger area planted...and I loved all he gave me especially all the hot peppers...some I have frozen...he grew so many.. Most of the other veggies I used as they came to me. I love making a mélange of veggies to put on Pita's w sauce on them...and fat free mozzarella...cut the pita in half and eat the pizza for dinner...a healthy treat for me.

I will be hoping the weather is not bad so I can get my blood work done....if not....I will stay home....have ironing to do...and may start some of the altering with my new Brother Sewing machine...can hardly wait.

Sending wishes out to all for a good day.

Comment

Good morning! I looked at old post trying to figure what is going on with Maye couldn't find anything...could some one please fill me in....

Off to the doc in a bit...its just a regular check up...got a call saying my A1C number is up...I knew my numbers weren't great for about month...nothing crazy high....just over 100 in the mornings....its been fine the last few days..

Work today...then I have to run a birthday gift to my parents for delivery....My oldest niece turns 13 tomarrow and I am not going to make the trip with my parents....its a party with only the grandparents and parents..so I won't get to go this time. Next year I will be able to b more involved in everything because I will live just down the road..

Comment

Good morning.
        I don't know what hit me yesterday evening. Stomach went wacky. Lots of trips to the bathroom - it was very much like having C-diff. The Immodium didn't work as quickly this time, and tums didn't help either with stomach gas nor pain. I went to take a nap. After almost 2 hours E woke me for pizza he'd ordered. I didn't't feel like eating much. Nothing much on TV, so went back to bed and slept through til after 5:30a. Doing better today, but it'll be a couple more days for the meds to wear off, experience tells me. But today should be better.

Today is going to be a "breezy" one, according to TV weather. Also, in the high 60's today....tomorrow about 70.
        Correction....my weather channel app says 71° today and doesn't even mention the "breezy" part. Usually my app is more correct than the TV. We will see.

Nothing much going on today.
        Have a very good day.
        Last edited by JoGee; 01-05-2015, 10:22 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning.

32 here. Big frost because of all the rain.

John is dealing with Bronchitis, and I am spending the entire day trying to stay away from him and his cough. I haven't come down with it yet and am praying I don't.

Got to do some more banking today, and this floor is a nightmare from all the wood coming in to the fireplace. Will have to fix that.

Have a good day. Stay safe and stay healthy.

Comment

Good morning all!

Maye, is coming down with something and doesn't feel too good. I'm thinking she wore herself out doing so much during the holidays that her immune system wasn't working well. Hope she is better today after (I hope) a good rest.

Chilly here today and I will have to go out and run a few errands later. Fun stuff like fussing at CVS as they short changed one of my meds by 23 pills (I counted so I know), taking stuff to the dry cleaners, and seeing about getting a dent fixed in the car.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Chilly morning here and the morning is off to a sleepy start. I woke to the alarm...I usually wake before it goes off.
              Schmitty, I know I 've said it before, but I love reading about all the family coming and all the cooking you and your daughters do. I get to see my grands in photos and that is great, but you getting to have Hannah over is such a blessing.
              Not much to say and I have to go open up and turn on the daycare lights. I think I will make them Mickey Mouse waffles.
              Have a good day and stay well or get better. Elaine, I hope John gets over his bronchitis soon.

Comment

Morning all

90% moved and surrounded by boxes. LOTS of unpacking to do!

You all have a good 'un!
                The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

School started today so I am peeling potatoes and making scalloped potatoes and ham for sierra's lunch. I don't think she is eating properly with working and now school starting back up she will be on the go. Plus she trying to set up a schedule for shadowing the occupational therapist from the hopsital after school between her work schedule. Busy girl but she appears to be handling it..I just want her eat something other than fast food. Cold this morning...8*. Sunny and no snow or ice predicted just more and deeper cold this week. I am just trying to work my way to Spring...one freezing morning after another! Hope those sick are on the mend quickly. I am in sad need of a haircut and that is the only pressing thing on this weeks schedule.

Comment

Working...
                  X