January 04, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 04, 2015

Good morning to you, yes I'm talkin' to you. Rise and shine and think spring! I know it's just turned winter, but we have to manifest spring in our minds and post up some glorious spring pics of flower gardens, tulips, daffodils and newborn lambs and rabbits and floppy hats and gardening tools and all things spring. Are you feelin' it? Heehee!

There is a new kind of stainless that wipes clean with a dishcloth and they sell it at Lowe's. That is where we have purchased all our appliances and they install and carry away the old stuff. They stand behind their products and if you wait until the appliances go on sale you can purchase all of them and pay a monthly installment/credit plan.

I highly recommend a credit union to those changing banks. The credit unions are owned by the members and you have more control over your money. They would be happy to open an account for you and usually you can start with $25. I'm fairly certain that you will have to sign for the account.

The Wren was not spotted yesterday so I think she was looking to get worms. All the birds visit that spot for worms because I've seen many of them throughout the year.

I have 2 Avocado trees coming up. Hurrah for me! I planted the seeds to just see if they would sprout because I heard the folks talking at work that they had Avocado trees in their yard that they planted the same way. It takes 7 yrs to produce fruit so we have a long wait.

Oh, BTW, the neighbors Orange tree has wonderful sweet oranges and tart Grapefruit on it. Yeah, it's a graft of Orange and Grapefruit. My neighbor let me pick an orange as it was well attached, but the skin was very orange. He is very blessed. My little oranges are getting picked today. They are the size of a quarter.

Have a sunny day. We are in the 80's again today, but it's turning cooler the rest of the week.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning, Karliann. I am not ready to think Spring yet/ I do not lke Winter, but it is a reality and I have to deal with the real and not the "what I would like it to be!"

I am getting ready to get picked up for Mass. Today is the Epiphany (better known as the visitation by the Three Wise Men.) Christmas ends next Sunday for Catholics!

Trying to hurry and drink my coffee so I can put my teeth in. Can't go toothless! Definitely not a pretty sight.

It is allegedly 66 degrees outside and cloudy. I cannot believe it is that warm, but it could be, I guess.

I hope everyone has a really neat day today - no overworking or illness or bad weather!!!
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good Morning. *shiver*

36 right now heading to 30. AND there is water everywhere from 2.5 days of rain.

So as I was putting my living room together yesterday morning, I decided to eliminate some stuff, clean out a few drawers, and ended up with 4 bags, 2 boxes, and one Poinsettia for the trash. I piled everything in the car and drove out to the trash dumpster, which was on the road waiting to be picked up. It was still night. It was cloudy. In other words it was dark, and I couldn't see much. I drove up next to the container, thinking I would just step out, open the lid and put everything in. When I did, I stepped into one foot of ice water. It was like a shock of electricity. I don't think my shoes will ever dry out. And I'm not sure my brain will ever recover. At least I got rid of the trash.

We are getting a new minister today. For whatever reason, the powers that be removed the one we had (for only 5 months) and we are starting over. So I must get there early and meet with him about the bulletins.

Hope everyone has a very good day.

Comment

Good morning.
        It IS hard to think of spring when the weather is still so frigid. It's 35° now, but we will be getting to the 60's today. In fact it'll hit 70 in a couple of days before settling in the 60's again. We are used to getting this cold and freezing weather in February, though.....so either the seasons are off by a month or two, or we will have another go-'round of this. I really don't want to think of it now. The question is, do I even dare plant anything, or see what February/March will bring?

The neighbor's cat came out of hiding. I gave it some leftover stew again. He picks out the meat, but gets nothing else til the veggie parts are gone too. So he comes back and finishes it later. When the sun comes up, the dish will be licked clean. I wonder where the neighbors are? And if they'll be returning today so the kids can go back to school. I'm sure the girl is missing her cat. But I think another neighbor must be feeding it, too. It has lost just a little weight, though ---- and it does need to lose some weight. It tries to sneak into our house when we come in or go out, but he does know the word "No". I'm afraid I have allergies to pets, these days. So I'll just feed it until the neighbors decide what to do with it.

One more load of laundry today and then that's done. I think cinnamon rolls will be good today. I might have coffee instead of mocha or tea. Need to quietly find some socks so I can slip outside and get the paper.

Oh, Elaine! That must have been a shock to your feet! Stay warm.

Have a beautiful day, all.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning all!

Brrrr, Elaine. What an unwelcome surprise that was.

Cold this morning but clear I think. Am doing my laundry and it is just about time to get stuff out of the dryer and then I shall be finished. Not sure what else I shall be doing today. Might go to chapel.

Yesterday Bim and I went to Applebees for a late lumch or early dinner and all their TVs were on the Cardinal game. What a lot of noise the fans made. Had to take out my hearing aides or I would of gone really deaf. We had a good meal though.

Glad your half cat came back, Jo. Maybe the owners will come back today/

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning...I got one of my birthday gifts from my parents yesterday...got it early...I have been wanting a pair citrine earrings for years...Yellow is my favorite color...Citrine my favorite gem stone..I was very surprised and quite pleased...The other thing that I am getting is I asked my mother to order me a tablet and get the money from my trust....I won quiet a bit of money from work some time back and we stuck in the trust with other money so I wouldn't have to just spend it to spend it...thinking I would need a new car some time and it would be nice to have a nice down payment...Well now that I am moving I won't be needing a new car...so I am getting to spend some of it on things that I want...well my tablet was to be one of those things....well mom and daddy decided to purchase the one I picked out as my birthday gift I have to wait until my birthday to get it though and I am perfectly fine with that...

We gpt together with my granny and my mom's siblings yesterday for C. Granny gave me Chili's gift cards...two friends and I are going there on my birthday and shopping...I will get together with mom and daddy for birthday breakfast...My sis shares my birthday and we sometimes get together but dad doesn't want to this year...so we are doing our own thing...after this year we will live in the same town and it will be much easier to get together..

Off to church in a bit..Nothing planned this afternoon that I am aware of...

Comment

I am off to scrape my windshield before going to church. We share our building with another congregation and we switch meeting times every year. Most year our church service started at 11:00 am and starting today we start at 9:00.
              I had to get up with the alarm.
              I will come back to read all your posts later.
              I think we had some rain last night...
              Have a good day!

Comment

Working...
              X