January 03, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 03, 2015

Good morning peeps. It's going to be in the 80's this weekend and I'm going to be doing some gardening work. It was so lovely and spring like weather yesterday and I noticed several things. My lettuce that I let go to seed last year is making an appearance so I will have more lettuce in a few weeks. I heard a Wren outside the laundry room just chirping away and I spotted her looking to make a nest in the Leland Cypress trees that line the carport. That is not a good idea and I told her so because that Racer snake hangs out there and will eat the eggs. There was a nest in one of the trees when we bought this house, but I'm going to try and discourage her if I can.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned. I will do some sewing when the sun comes up and then just relax.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning Karlinann......80 degrees....must be nice....it is cold here in Sylvania, Ohio....32 degrees.... not as bad as it has been for the past few days....it has been very cold and the wind does not help. Good luck on discouraging the Wren....

Been up since 3......my pooch Snoopy laying on my lap with his head on my shoulder....had a blanket over him from his visit to the cold outside... do love my dog...he is a sweet Shitzu....a little on the plump side...but the problem is not so much what he eats...but the fact he is a lap dog...and does not exercise. Due to my arthritic knees....hesitate to take him for long walks...afraid too that he will get tired and lay down...there is no way I can carry him...he is too heavy for me now... My plan is to try and get him (with his leash on) to walk around the house....we have doorways to living and dining room on two sides .... will do the walk around that area couple times a day for a few turns.. He is on diet food....but it is not helping.

Today my daughter Marianne and I are going to Kohl's ... we both got a 50 dollar gift card from my grands in Iowa....to spend at Kohl's. I want to get a couple more size 8 jeans...the size 10 jeans are too tricky to take in for me....can still get by with the 10's as long as I wear a stretchable belt...helps hold them up.

My new shower and tub Bath Fitter installer was here yesterday and the new one is beautiful..... so happy that it is done and paid for. Showering in it has to wait til tomorrow... Marianne can use my stall shower. Now it is on a shopping trip to find a new refrigerator....want a freezer on the bottom stainless steel....we are going to go to a local business to shop....we checked one out last week...and will do another today. Of course when that is done....will have to get a new stove too.... dishwasher as well...but the stove comes next. May be able to get a deal for the fridge and stove at the same time.

We still have our tree up......may get to it when Hannah and her Mom come for a visit this next week.....will take my son to get the boxes back in the attic.

Sending wishes out to all rounders for a good day....already the third... nice that it is Saturday....Marianne is home...and we have some fun plans for the day.

Comment

Good Morning.

Enjoy your good weather, karlinann. 80 in the winter! Hard to imagine. We have had nearly 5" of rain in the last two days. My biggest fear is loss of power. We had one glitch, but it didn't last long. Thank goodness our temps are above freezing.

Mickie, I have mixed emotions about this stainless refridge. It takes a LOT of polishing. I mean a lot. Get yourself a bunch of stainless steel cleaner. My trash compactor and dishwasher are a breeze to wipe down, but not this refrigerator. Wish we could see your new bath. Not even sure what a bath fitter is. Guess I can Google it. Hope you can get Snoopy's weight down. Not easy.

We are switching banks and it's a nightmare. Opening a new account, leaving enough $$ in the existing, getting in touch with everyone we deal with. Wow! I know some of you have dealt with this, as well. Not fun.

Well, I put away Christmas and have the furniture ready to put all the stuff back in place. Better get at it....

Hugs to All. Val, how are you.

Comment

Good morning...C get together at my granny's today...my parents will pick me up around 9. Looking forward to seeing a lot of my of cousins.

Comment

Good morning. I've been awake on and off since 2:30. Finally decided to get up, but I'm just feeling more tired, so will be back to bed again in a bit.
          Nothing much happening today...it's still frigid weather. Haven seen the half-cat around, so either someone took him in, or he found a cozy spot. I did see that it ate every scrap morsel I left out for it, and the water dish was licked dry. Haven't seen the neighbors who own it around for a couple of weeks, but someone checks the house daily. Cat isn't allowed indoors because it won't use the litter box, so maybe it has a backyard shelter. The dogs are still there, though. The friend lets them out every day for an hour, then leaves.
          Well, back to bed, I guess. The sun won't be up for more than an hour.
          Have a good day.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning all!

Like Jo, woke up early so decided to get up. Very cold this morning in the low 20s. No moisture-just cold cold cold.

Haven't much to do today but Bim and I will go out for an late lunch or early dinner to Applebees as I have a gift certificate from one of the granddaughters. Just hope I can get the car warmed up but it should be warmer by this afternoon.

Isn't here a finish on stainless steel that isn't shiny but sort of matt that doesn't show fingerprints. I'd look for that, Schmitty.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Suppose to rain off and on today...haven't looked out to see if it rained like night like predicted. Sierra and I are heading to the mall to make an exchange and have lunch out. School starts Monday and with her working now I just haven't spent a lot of time with her this vacation. I miss that! But now with school starting I will see her every lunch again. Christmas tree is still sitting in the kitchen and the candles are still in the windows. Guess tomorrow is another day. Bought some groceries yesterday and the Valentine candy is out...looks like time is marching on but think I will wait until the Christmas candy is gone from the candy bowls before I bring in the next holiday. Temps will warm into the 40s today but drop all day tomorrow into the teens. No snow or ice but no sun predicted either.. winter is so loooooooong!

Comment

Hi again. The temp is still registering 29° but should get to 51° today. At least it's sunny again. Heat wave. (Nalani, SV, 26°/50° for your area)

Read an ad, that Pizza Hut has several new crust flavors & topping selections, plus a drizzle selection to go over all. Will have to try that soon. We get separate pizzas, as he gets (ugh!) anchovies on his.

LB, I was recently reading that Lemon Pledge (no other brand, and must be lemon) works well on the stainless steel, and the polish means you don't have to clean it as often. If you decide to try it, let me know how it works. It's supposed to be good on faucets, too.

Beth, have fun!

Maxie, I noticed some stores are ready up to St Patrick's Day! That's just too much. We can forgive Easter stuff early (when it comes out), because E is addicted to Cadbury Eggs! (Yuck!).

Schmitty, is that one of those walk-in baths with a seat? They never give the prices on those, and the "discounts" are high making us think it's uber-expensive.
                Last edited by JoGee; 01-03-2015, 10:45 AM.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I too have been up for hours. I had a meeting that I didn't go to this morning. I am not dressed and haven't had coffee or breakfast yet. I am just being flat out lazy.

I think it is 52 degrees and foggy outside.

The farewell luncheon was spectacular. So much love and laughter - and some tears/ We are building our new church and it will be dedicated on Monday, 2 February 2015. In honor of my service, I was given a sanctuary floor tile. I will be forever remembered - and people can walk all over me. LOL I was also given a very generous check. I am still overwhelmed by everything. It was embarrassing to be so celebrated for doing something I loved doing and getting so many gifts and blessings. I so received more than I ever gave. The food was great! I had chicken parmigiana with a side of pasta with marinara sauce. I brought home enough food to have the rest of the pasta side last night and will have the chicken parmigiana today. I wish I could post a few pictures, but I have no idea how to do that.

Pat - be careful moving the heavy stuff! Take it easy and don't overdo!

Elaine - better you than me having to change banks!

Jo - I hope you got more sleep and feel much more rested and refreshed.

Schmitty - I wish I could get a new tub, but I am not allowed to redo the one I have. Plus, I have no idea how long I will be able to stay here. Have a great time shopping!

I am stating to go stir crazy already. I can't drive and I need to get meds from Publix. Weekends are family times and most of my friends are doing things with their families.

I think my Keurig is calling me. I so want some hot coffee! It is now pouring down rain! Yuck! Have a great day everyone!
                  "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Elaine, I shall have to switch banks when I move to Maui as they do not have the Wells Fargo bank over there. Will ask WF if they can just transfer everything to the Hawaii bank since I will have to change due to move. They might do it. Something to talk about. Will have to get an account there first though.

Comment

Nalani, can you have Patty open your account for you? Then the two banks can work out everything else.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I had an early appointment and have been to the grocery store, took my mom to WalMart , the dog to the groomers and now I am home for a few hours.
                        Becky is making a birthday cake to take to the shelter tonight for her friend who manages there.
                        I have a bunch of clothes to donate and I need to get them in bags and ready to go. But I don't want to...
                        It is cold here, too. 30* this morning and frost all over the car when I had to go out. It is getting up to 50* and that is pretty cold for here.
                        Val, I am happy your luncheon went to so well. I am sure your rewards and attention were well deserved!
                        pat told me she is taking it as easy as possible on her shoulder in this moving.
                        Karlinann, would a fake owl keep the wren from building her nest there? Or if she does, some kind of aluminum foil srunched up and used as a barricade for the snake?
                        After Gary passed away I had to change bank accounts. That was bad enough. The new bank should help you because they are getting your business...at least, that is how I think it should work
                        Hope you all enjoy the rest of your family and friend time and stay warm!

Comment

The tree is in the garage...candles out of the windows. We were unable to exchange the sweatshirt since they didn't have any but we struck a deal...I will keep the big one and she will replace it with something she likes and we will go to the big mall next weekend. Lunch was very good and her father joined us. Funny, we were walking out of the mall when our waitress came running after us. She had given us the wrong bill and we paid it. It was a smaller bill than the one we were due and if we didn't pay the right one she would be liable for the difference. Of course we paid the correct and larger bill. My son didn't think when the bill came and just paid what it said and left it on the table. I was just surprised at how waiters and waitresses are treated by employers. Made me sad but then I was proud of my son for giving her a larger tip....as we transacted business in the middle of the mall floor since he had paid with cash. I have never changed banks but my eldest has several times and had no problems. I didn't know snakes would climb into nests...I'm such a city girl!

Comment

just a quick pop in ..I"m sick. started feeling nasty on Thurs. came home from camp. and got sicker and sicker.ran a temp .got all achey ..my head felt like a bomb went off inside .. now I am at the horrible coughing till you hurt stage.. still haave.temp.. see you all later.
                            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Oh, nooooo. I hope you're over it soon, Maye.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X