Happy second day of the new year 2 january 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy second day of the new year 2 january 2015

Good morning all! I will post and run. I am so tired that I can't sleep. I am also stressed / excited about my farewell luncheon today!

It is 45 degrees right now. That is a bit cold, but it could be lots worse! I have no idea what the weather will be except that they say "mostly cloudy." I hope that means no rain!!

As of today, I won't be driving any longer - unless I find that miracle I am looking for! So, I begin a whole new lifestyle. I think I know how BarbCA feels.

I didn't do anything for New Year's Eve and slept through he all dropping in Times Square. Oh well, it isn't the 1st New Year's Eve I have slept through and it won't be the last.

I have all kinds of baking I want to do before I can't read the recipes, but I have no way to get the cakes, etc. to the people I am baking them for. If I don't get them done soon, the perishables are going to perish. Dang it!!!

Happy first Friday to everyone! Have a beautiful day. Please think good thoughts and say a little prayer that I can get through my farewell luncheon. It is going to be tough
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Good Morning, Friends.

Val, I will say a little prayer that you can get through your luncheon. It will be tough, but you have proven you are tough.

I'm up way early. Unexpected company yesterday resulted in a LOT of cooking on my part. Yes, it was men, and yes they watched football most of the day. Anyway, after they left around 3p, I just passed out.
    I think I would have slept all afternoon if it hadn't been for John keeping the fire going.

Today I MUST get these decorations back to where they belong. I have enjoyed them and glad I pulled them out. But I do see a bunch of stuff I need to remove from here.

Hope all is going well. We have a lot of illness down here. Hope folks where you are are staying healthy.

Hugs ~ ~ ~ ~

Comment

Good morning...Yesterday was a pretty good day...Hoping that work today goes fast and that we have enough help in laundry...not sure if we will or not we have worked short all week...but with it being the day after a holiday more people may show up than have been this week..

After work tonight I have to pick up the stuff to make a dessert for tommarow..making a banana tri fole dessert...will mix the pudding this evening..and put the dessert together in the morning...we have C get together with granny and my mothers side of the family..Will get pizza at family favorite pizza place then we will all head back to my granny's for dessert and gifts.

I am hoping that my mother orders my new tablet today...

Comment

Val, you deserve this luncheon. Be a gracious receiver and let them thank you because it's only going to be this one time, right. I'm sure there will be tears, but they can be positive tears. The happiness in your heart from all your service will get you through it. Your life is not over with these people and it's just beginning on the retirement front.

Elaine, wish I could receive your throw outs on the décor.

Last night at 10 pm I woke up and could not go back to sleep. I laid in bed for an hour and suddenly I had a brainstorm to turn my screened porch into my sewing room and that is what I did. First I gave that room a good cleaning and then I brought all my sewing equipment out and organized it to my liking. This will work out great for me. No more getting threads all over the floor inside and having to dust mop every time I sew something. I have my picket fences out there to hang my finished bags on too. I have a shelf to put my fabric on and a large work table for cutting fabric. This is going to work for me.

Today is trash pickin' day. Gotta run!
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good Morning! It's sunny & I LOVE IT! Yesterday was too. Now if I could just find the energy that should be going with it.

Yesterday was sort of laid back. I finished a book, which I haven't done in ages. Cooked some sauerkraut & pork for us & chicken and spinach for Corky. It's nice having him home. Had one small scare....Kathy arrived unexpectedly. She kept texting while sitting on the step. Finally I ask her the reason for her visit...in a nice way with a smile. She finally said she had a favor to ask & got teared eyed. OH NO!!! YUP...had given her boyfriend an ultimatum...her or the guy roommate w/a job & he chose the roommate with a job. She wanted to move back. She finally left to go to the apt & see about getting her stuff, which was just about everything. She never came back, so apparently they worked things out...whew! 2015 is already starting with Kathy drama. Then for some reason during the evening Becca was in a mood...give me a break! At least Corky & I laughed through the movie...My Cousin Vinnie.

Not sure what today will bring. I'd like to start a jigsaw puzzle, but think we'll have to take down the tree first. Need to do some paperwork.

Great idea Karliann! Val...if you make it, won't them come for it? (((Val)))

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning all!

Of course you will make it though the luncheon, Val, but take lots of Kleenix with you. Lots of tears will be shed of course but that's ok.

Put the last of my Christmas decorations away yesterday. Now to start going through files and tossing. Will be glad when it's Monday and can back to a normal schedule. It's Friday but my mind wants to think Monday. I guess everyone fells that way.

Very cold this morning, in the lower 20s or high teens. Glad I don't have to get out in it unless I take a walk later when it warms up.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
              Boy, I slept in this morning....til 7:30. Our snow is gone - melted away - and it's only 32° This morning. We should see it go up about 15 more degrees, and below freezing again tonight. It is supposed to be very cloudy today...right now there's not a bit of sunshine.
              Today I need to do a bit of laundry, and get the few decorations put away. Mop the floors. Wish my first-born a happy 53rd birthday.

Val, just be the gracious gal you are. You will get through the luncheon just fine. I agree with Karlinan.
              Cookie - we love that movie! It's one of our all-time favorites!
              Hi Nalani , and all who follow.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Moving big furniture today. I have a headache already. *sigh*
                The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Val, if you bake it, I bet they will come by to get it! And enjoy your luncheon! You would do it for others.
                  Pat, hope you have help. Take it easy on the lifting!
                  Karlinann, when it rains, is your screened in porch okay?
                  Elaine, I saw a lot of Texas on the weather map this morning. Hope you are out of the cold.
                  Jo, that snow sure made the news! I have a cousin in Bullhead City who sent us pictures.
                  Donna, glad you have Corky home for a bit!
                  Nalani, I have to start my paper round up, too. Some years I just want to copy the previous years numbers. But I dont.
                  Back to the storage unit day. Like Elaine, I have some things I am not that thrilled with and will not be using them again.
                  I am cooking chicken for soup. Probably a chicken tortilla soup.
                  Hope you all have a good day, stay warm and enjoy whatever you do...

Comment

Paula, my screened porch is actually a sunroom with the jalousie windows, but it does leak. Fortunately I know where the leaks are and can avoid putting anything under them. It is really warm out there and gets the morning sun. I will keep everything covered when not in use. I'm not sure the Farmer's Market venture will pan out for me, so if it doesn't I will not need the sewing room for too long.

I cleaned out my closet and took the clothes to my favorite thrift shop and they had already started putting the clothes out before I finished shopping. I found pins to use for sewing, some more rick rack, a polo men's shirt for DH, and a denim backpack for myself. It was a great day. I manifested the pins before I went and lo and behold there they were.
                    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
                    X