Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dec. 30th ~ New Year's Eve Eve

Morning all

Still packing, pitching, and moving. We should be completely moved by the weekend.

Work is completely dead because of the holidays. We have 10 check-ins for seasonal guests on the 1st.

Otherwise, no news here. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good Morning.

LOL; when I saw your title, Pat, I thought it was New Year's Eve and I was a day behind.

Temps continue to drop here, getting pretty frigid - not that we are spending any time outside.

Our gas is at $1.98, and we have 986 points from our grocery store. We may end up buying gas this month for around $1 a gallon, but we have to do it tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a very good day.

Comment

Good morning...Please pray for my friends...its too much to list it all...

I don't have to rush this morning getting ready for work...got a note at work yesterday that my bus will be here at 8:30 this morning....Not sure if I will work laundry this morning...my knee is hurting...and I really don't want to work at all today..but I am going in we are working on a huge project in small parts...we have huge order for PA boxs...I think order is for over 1000 boxes by tomarrow morning...

Everyone have a great day!

Comment

Good morning Pat, Elaine, Beth and those who follow. I got the go ahead on the Farmer's Market for next Thursday so I'll be making a few more bags and getting my signage ready for that before JAN08. I will give it a go and see what sells. It may not be for me.

In the meantime I'm still looking for a real job, and try to apply for one thing each day.

I've got to get busy. It's foggy and rainy here and my joints are hurting.
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good morning.
          Crazy weather...it's supposed to jump up to 70° today. Can you believe it? But tomorrow will be back to a high in the 50's, with rain. Our gas is down to $2.05, and lower with shopping points.

Got a call from my PCP's nurse... My iron is overly high, and my red cell count is still very low....consistent with the condition my Oncologist says I don't have. I haven't heard a word from him, but after we confront him with questions about what in the he!! he thinks he's doing, I might be switching Oncologists again. I think the tummy problems I have might also be connected to the drastic med change. The guy doesn't seem to follow up his work, and he certainly doesn't contact me with questions about how I'm doing with the changes.

On a better note, we did go to the movies yesterday, and saw "Into the Wood". It's 4 Fairy Tales thrown together. Meryl Streep plays a witch just marvelously. And can she ever sing!!! I expected a little bit of a musical, but gloriouskies!, it was almost an opera! All the main characters sang, and it was marvelous. Johnny Depp made a great wolf. I can't remember the names of the other stars, but I recognized most of the faces. Small kids may not be as interested in this, but older ones, teens, and adults should enjoy this. And the morals and human behavior are brought up nicely in the closing. We both enjoyed it very very much.

Need to give some thought to the new Year. Doubt that we will celebrate much. Today I'm going to turn some turkey into "Turkey Salad Grande" (add cranberries or craisins).
          E is up early today. I'm going to have to decide what to do with my spicy-scented pine ones....keep for next year, or toss?

Discovered how to get a decent cup of tea from my K-cup teas. I just brew 1/2 mug, then remove the K-cup and add an additional 1/2 mug of hot water. I cannot drink stron coffee or teas.

And, I think breakfast is about to come to me. (Yes, he serves ME!)
          Have a great New Years Eve Eve...........and you can read about the imminent holiday in SoI!
          Last edited by JoGee; 12-30-2014, 08:38 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning

up early but moving slow... son Mark was here. Gds Kiel up early and chatting, coffee with us.. Guess he is staying another day ,go home tomorrow.. since driving weather is to stay good.

no big plans for the day.... but I want to start storing the C. stuff back in its corners.. and get the house back to normal.. will give it a good dusting , sweeping AFTER the boys go back... have to figure out a meal for today.... not used to this cooking ,cleaning up for hungry men...

Diet will start Jan 5.. sure was fun eating all those goodies. but time to stop and get those extra pounds off.. my knees are complaining about them...

be back later. someone calling my name..
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning! It' sunny, cold, and I'M BACK!

I sure had a nice visit Home, but it was relaxing, but that's OK. I had a wonderful time with my family. We were together everything (Th-Sun) eating, talking, & playing games. Corky got laid off Christmas Eve, so we packed up all his stuff at my Mom's and he came back here too for however long until the next job. We drove back here yesterday. I paid $1.99/gal once we crossed back into Ohio, but the next exit we to eat at Arby's, the BP station was charging $1.85/gal. Back in PA the gas was running anywhere for $2.69-$2.59/gal...crazy. Anyways, we got home around 2:30pm, unloaded the cars, and sorted through some of the bags to put cold stuff away. We all then took a nap...except Blaise. He was so good all week.

Now to get back to real life & get some laundry & paperwork done. Supposedly Kathy is coming to get him for the night...we'll see. Not that it really matters. I desperately need to lose some weight & get my sugar levels back in control. It'll be easier with Corky here to cook healthy meals for us.

Oh...I forgot to share my exciting change...Saturday morning Blaise & I went for our hair appointment. A couple years ago my beautician decided to highlight my hair with a shade of dark blonde...didn't like it one bit. I'm use to seeing myself with dark hair. So I suggested maybe trying it sometime with a shade of red & that's what she did on Saturday...I like it. It's lightened my look a bit, but not as obviously as blonde does.

Good to be back & visit with you all daily. Have a good one!
              Last edited by cookielady; 12-30-2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

cold and windy here!
                I have two coming early so I am just checking I and hoping nothing blows away outside this morning. The kids will not be out in this 20-30 mph at all.
                Gas here is 2.51 and that is at the cheap station. Alittle higher at chevron.
                I have early kids so have to get going and turn on the lights...
                I will check back later and see what all are up to!

Comment

Been up and moving Christmas into the kitchen...I start in the back and do a room at a time and put it back to normal all the while shoving Christmas toward the garage. When it is all in one spot I can put it away at my leisure and still have the rest of the house in Spring mode. I will leave the candles in the windows for a few more days just because I like them at night. Sierra doesn't work until four so if I get the tree undecorated she will come and help carry it out. I do love Christmas and I do love decorating and I do enjoy living among the decorations but now it is over and done and time to be stored away. I cannot believe how much more fun it is to decorate than to un-decorate! Going to put Spring wreaths on the doors and have put out the spring towels in the baths in hope Mother Nature notices I am done with winter... Lots to do and the longer I sit the less likely I am to get back up. Happy Tuesday!

Comment

I had the surgery this morning and am home. So far, the surgery did not help and I have the screen as large as it will go. I can't read gthr discharge info even with the magnifying glass. IF this doesmt get better, I cant drive anymore at all and if this doesn't get better, I wont be able to do FB. I am praying that it will improve. I will go take a nap and see if that will help/ The RT is great because it will give me a huge font, not many other programs will do that.
                    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good morning all!

Sorry that your eyes aren't working properly, VAl. Last night I thought I'd try Aleve PM. Wrong thing to do as I am seeing double vision this morning. Have had this sort of thing happen before and it always gets back to normal late afternoon so hoping it will do the same today.

A friend is taking me out for a Pizza lunch today. Yum.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good afternoon rounders.....have already had a busy day......went to the Senior Center this morning....have not been there for a long time.....had a very fun time with couple of ladies who were the only ones there when I got there...they invited me to sit with them which I was happy to do......my daughter Monica has been after me to get out of the house more...and today she called me and said it was the day I needed to go to the Senior Center....so I did go...and was glad I did...the ladies were very pleasant to interact with....another lady came and sat with us along with a nice man... I stayed til 12:30....they were getting ready to have a New Years Eve party.....with live music and food. I did not stay for that....wanted to get back home had washing and soup making to do.

Have promised them I would come next week again on Monday and Thursday.... they told me they get a ride to the Center from the Center's bus....so if the weather is snowy...can call and arrange for the bus to pick me up and it will take me back home as well.. I do not drive when it snows....more so now that I am one year older..

Sounds like all rounders are busy with one thing or another....hope everyone has a great day. We do not take our Christmas trimmings down til after New Years...

Happy New Year Rounders...in case I don't get here tomorrow.....getting a perm in the a.m. and Mike and Leisa are coming here tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X