Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Friday ~ April 3rd

Morning all

Unable to sleep - guess it's from the steroids. Been up since 1am and seriously thinking about going to work really early since Erin doesn't have school today.

Chris and I are blasting off somewhere around lunchtime for Biloxi. It will be soooo nice to get away!

I bid you all a Good Friday and a Happy Easter weekend.

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good morning Pat....hope you have a wonderful weekend.......sounds like you are in for a Happy Easter.

Marianne and I will be leaving here for Iowa around 3:30.....our suitcaes will be in my car before she leaves for work... Poor Snoopy knows something bad is going on for him....but he will be happy when my son Matthew picks him up after work today...he gets to spend the time with them til we get home... We will head back home on Tuesday morning....

Son Mike and wife Leisa will be here on the weekend to take care of Marianne's Persian....Jezebel....

So looking forward to seeing our Grands and great Grands...have only seen Stella once ..... of coure Libby send us photos of her often.

Probably won't get back here anymore today...have many things to get done before we leave today.

Happy Easter to all rounders... Stella 6 months old...

The entire family with Stella on Rabbit, Great Grandsons, Eddie and Isaac.. .Mom Libby and Dad Mark.
    Last edited by Schmitty23; 04-03-2015, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Good Morning!

Pat, you must be feeling much better! Have a great weekend!

Mickie, what a beautiful family your grandson has created. I know you are excited to be with them.

Not too much going on around here. Company for Easter Sunday, so I'm doing the "extra" cleaning stuff. My part of the menu is simply, so not too stressed about this (yet).

Have a beautiful day. Are you all watching the moon? Awesome!

Comment

Good Morning! We made it back to PA just fine. It was nice & sunny on the morning drive, but quickly turned dreary & rainy once we got here.

Wednesday was the house inspection at the Bradford house. Fortunately the inspector gave them the report by evening & our realtor sat down with the buyers to discuss it. She then emailed us the report & called to discuss what the buyers would like fixed before closing on the house. It's almost all plumbing issues. It was a huge relief to all of us to get past that report & know where we stand. They still LOVE and want the house, so we just have to do our part. Cork isn't happy at all about going back to Bradford to deal with the issues. I just wanted to slap him. Get over it! Just deal with it & get on with life. We should be thankful he's not back to work yet & able to go and deal with the stuff.

Yesterday morning I immediately put a call into the plumber we want to go in & give and estimate...guess who STILL hasn't called back? That frustrates me. The house in Shelby was shown yesterday but we've yet to hear about that. In the meantime we got here & it took me almost an hour to unload & put away all the food stuff I brought. After lunch Becca & I headed out to make a couple cookie order deliveries. The last one was to my beautician. I had an appt with her Saturday morning to get Blaise & my hair cut. I went in & she had nobody at that point. She ask what I wanted done. I told her I didn't care but I felt ugly at that point. I ask if she had time to do me then, so I got a body wave....not thrilled yet. If I don't get use to the look, Saturday she'll cut it again. I feel like a bush woman now. Instead of longer & flat, it's longer & poofy. Becca went with my SIL and the girls shopping after dinner. I stayed here with Mom to chat & watch recorded shows.

Tonight is game night with some extended family (Aunt J being one of them!) and our friends Sandy & son Chay. We'll do dinner together, play games, and then celebrate Becca (20) and nephew Micha's (21) birthdays. Becca requested carrot cake, so I'm going to ice the naked cake I brought with me. I also need to make the horseradish potato salad & deviled eggs for tonight. I already make the bbq pork earlier in the week. I'm hoping our local church has noontime services. This is an important day in the Christian church.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning!
          Pat, love your graphics. Have a good trip.
          Schmitty, thanks for sharing the pics! Lovely family. Enjoy your trip.

Nothing really going on here. My feet are still swollen from the 1st day of our trip. Got my diuretic pills out as soon as we arrived home. Have my feet elevated most of the day. Some minor walking periodically. I need to start my ice machine. I hate ice packs, but DD reminded me it'll probably only help. Yesterday I dug out my compression stockings....it took me 1/2 hour and 2 broken fingernails to get them on. Elevated the foot of the bed last night.

The laundry hamper is full, so my periodic walks today will have some purpose.

Wishing you all a wonderful Easter weekend. 🐰
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Yesterday was such a nice day...not a beautiful day in weather terms but so nice for family. Eggs are dyed and we ate a huge late lunch. Everyone pitched in to clean up and then we went to sit outside and ended up stacking patio brick. They stacked and I supervised. Next weekend Jon offered me another supervising job....if it includes his wonderful bbq sauce I will be happy to accept the job! Errands this morning and my last appointment of the week. Sierra needs my car tomorrow so I will stay home and prepare for my weekend guest. Safe travels to all on the roads today. Cookie, why are plumbers so hard to get in touch with?

Comment

Good morning...I too will be leaving around 11:30 for my parents we are pulling the camper out for the week end...won't be home until Sunday....I am not sure if I will be able to check in or not...Everyone have a wonderful weekend~

Comment

Good Morning ,,, have been up for 2 hours... son Mark was here to coffee and chat... always enjoy his stopping in..

Have the eggs hard-boiled , peeled and in with the pickled beets... should be nice and red.by Sunday.

have all ingred. laid out for pie dough.. will shape into the pans. and store until Sun .morn about 6am.... that way the mess is cleaned out of kitchen

Pat , beautiful Easter greetings. Thanks... have a great weekend.

Mickie . such a beautiful baby Girl... and great picture of the family... have a safe trip.. hope you can pop in here a couple times?

Elaine.. I get 1/2 of my family for Easter Supper... Mark will be at his Son's.. nice to see Grandson starting his own traditions. Michael is in Colorado. no plans made to come to Pa. ..but Bruce family will be here. or most of them .. his son Richards wife may not come. she works a night job and had to sleep.during day.....
                Karen family will be ... not very hungry but here.to share food and time with us... I keep adding food to my list ... thats why it would be better If I just took a dish somewhere ... I added a small fruit cup.. and maybe stuffed mushrooms as horderves ..thats a big maybe, since mushroom are not looking there best at the stores. ...

JoG.. get them feet UP... I may be headed for some of those compression socks on my left ankle.. not looking forward to that

Have a fun weekend Bethina.

and all who check in later....have a Happy . Glorious Easter... HE is Risen.
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Love the Easter graphic, Pat! I took today off and am looking forward to getting things done at a more relaxed pace than usual.
                  Schmitty, that family picture is wonderful and Stella is adorable! Your trip sounds great and I hope you have a wonderful time.
                  Maye and Donna, your food and family time sounds like you have it all covered. And Donna, I agree: this is a wonderful holiday. I am looking forward to the new tv movie made by Roma Downy and her husband called A.D., I think. And Church. Just wish I had more family around.
                  My mother is making her potato salad, which she hasn't made for a long time. I am making all the rest.
                  Pat, enjoy your weekend!
                  Bethina, Maxie, Elaine, and all the rest, I hope you have a great weekend.
                  Jo, I will echo the others: keep your feet up and hope the Arizona weather helps your swelling go down quickly!

Comment

Working...
                  X