Monday, DEC29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, DEC29

Good morning Rounders. I really had a good weekend. I have been up since 1:00 am watching the Breaking Bad Marathon on A&E. I have been cleaning already today and getting some of the Christmas décor removed, but not the tree. That will stay up until New Year's Day.

I have a bunch of stuff on my mind and that is why I got up early. I think I'll take a nap now and check back later.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning all

I decided to take a "nap" yesterday afternoon and laid down around 4:30. I didn't wake up until 10:30pm! I didn't know what day it was or if I was late for work! Finally went back to bed around 1:30am and didn't wake up until the alarm went off a few minutes ago.

Work today and then more packing and moving. We took 2 more loads of boxes yesterday. Of course it is POURING rain here today, so that puts a damper on moving anything today.

More coffee - then on to the shower and then the office. Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi karlinann! Hi Pat!

Nothing much to report. John has come down with the "crud," which is very unusual for him. I'm trying to stay away but it's pretty impossible when you share the same space.

I have have this awful craving for chicken, for some reason, so I have 3 kinds on the menu the next few days. I probably won't want to see another chicken for another year after this.

Hope everyone is well. Take care and have a good day.

Comment

Good morning

we are having strange nights around here.... I too went to bed earlyish. is there such a word?.. woke at 4am .rested , wide awake. got up . ate. coffee.. but could sleep right now..

been surfing the used book stores for bargains... I have read though most of my last purchasing spree.. I try to find copies of books by my favorite authors that I have missed (in a series).. if I can't find them at the library or as an E book. I hunt the used book sites... read them and donate to library for their book sale or shelf.

Pat. happy moving .. better you than me.. although. wouldn't hurt ,,,,your do get rid of a lot of stuff that way.
        Hi Karlin..

easy day with the Gdsons yesterday.... took them out for dinner.. then warned them the rest of the day the eat out of whatever they can find in fridge. ... so we all kind of relaxed and snoozed a lot . football for them. book,computer for me.

probably more of the same today.. except going to make them a pasta meal of some sort....

maybe start putting C. stuff away.. Im ready to unclutter... got 4 new puzzles to build. yippee..won't start puzzle until the boys leave tomorrow... just hope the wintry weather holds off until they both get southward and home.

see you later.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, all. Cold again this morning.

Fell asleep in my chair last evening got up and off to bed. No dishes washed or computer turned off just went to bed and went to sleep so I woke at 3.

Have to clean up the car but at has been too cold to stay out but the sooner I get that done we will get ready to sell it.

Sorry to see that John is sick. Hope it clears up soon.

That's all for my exciting life.

Comment

Good morning...I didn't sleep well again last night...

Back to work today...One of the guys I work with got in trouble with the cops on Christmas eve...His girlfriend is crazy moody and can be really mean..I will stear clear of both as much as possible...

Work and getting groceries is my plan for the evening...possibly finishing birthday shopping for my oldest niece.

Comment

Wow! I went back to bed and slept until 07:30ish. I needed it though. Hope all of you have a great day.
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I have been up for hours but laid in my nice warm bed and watched tv. Now I am going to fuel up on cookies and coffee and start moving. Hoping to have lunch with my granddaughter after her eye exam. We haven't sat and talked for a couple of weeks just one on one and I miss her. Talking on the phone and texting isn't the same as seeing her face. Lots of errands today then the rest of the week is free so may start taking down the decorations tomorrow. Normally I do that on New Years Eve but a head start will be nice...guess I'm ready to get back to normal. Then will call the realator and have him do a walk through to see what needs to be done to make this place market ready. This is such a big decision....I know several of you have done this in the last year but I have this feeling of dread forming in my brain. Oh well, not doing it today so will just enjoy my granddaughter. Have a happy Monday everyone!

Comment

Good morning, everyone. Happy Monday.
                  How the Holidays catch up with us, eh?
                  Elaine, I'm so sorry that John has the crud. Chicken soup at your house today?
                  I think our freeze is over now.... For a while, anyway. Today just might be around 60° today.

Today E goes to donate platelets. He doesn't want a big breakfast today (the nurse says he should have one before donating!), so I halfway expect him to be sick afterwards. So I'll have a hearty soup for him when he gets back. Then maybe off to the movies today...its Senior Day all day.

I have completed 2 puzzles this morning. I have the free App for it, and I check regularly for free puzzles. I broke down and bought a set of images in deep space, under $2. I'm saving points to "buy" a set with scenes of Poland; I've got just about half as many points as I'll need.

We got quite a few holiday cards, and more pictures of folks than we've ever gotten. I'll keep the pictures, and a few select really cute or really touching cards. One is totally handmade with a knitted Gingerbread Man, another that a friend put together to "recycle", and maybe a couple more. I was impressed, and considered saving some to recycle next year.

Well, I need to get ready for the day ahead.
                  Have an excellent day.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning all!

Sounds like every one is well rested after a busy weekend, except maybe Elaine's John. Hope he will feel better soon as the crud is not a fun thing to have.

Will run some errands today and get everything I might need for over the New Year's so I don't have to go out again shopping.

Have a good day all!

Comment

It must have been the night for early bedtime; I went to bed early to read and then just decided to go to sleep. I woke up once and then went back to sleep. I must make sure I do something with the energy !
                      I have one school boy along with the three regular kids today and they will have fun catching up. I have things for them to do but not sure how much will really get done since it is clear and the yard is dry enough to go out. As soon as the temperature warms enough to go out, and the sun hits the back yard, we are outside!
                      I am ready for some outdoor play. Homemade mac and cheese and oranges and green beans will refuel them.
                      Sorry to hear John is not feeling well. EAt some oranges, too, Elaine and stay hydrated and rested.
                      I am typing at my desktop; I am not sure what the issue is with using the backspace on my ipad, but why it took me so long to think of starting here, I don't know.
                      I went to our used bookstore and found a new to me Baldacci book and a Debbie McComber book. After watching a few of her Christmas stories on the Hallmark channel, I decided to read one myself.
                      I have to start breakfast. I am making scrambled eggs and bacon. After a few days of no daycare, they may an invitation, although, one little boy will be happy: I told them we could eat the gingerbread house after Christmas. If it isn't rock hard. He really wants the snowman, which I am pretty sure will be rock hard. I may have to make something today...
                      Stay healthy, stay warm and stay dry. Pat, if things are in a drawer, so you just take the drawer over and then transfer the kitchen things? Any good tips on moving or getting rid of things, let us know.
                      Maye. good you are letting the boys help clean the frig!
                      Jo, let us know what soup you have for E. Tell him to take care of himself so he can continue to donate.

Comment

Split Pea with Ham.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Yum, Jo, love split pea soup.

Comment

Mmmm! I am the only one who likes it, but I sometimes doctor up Progresso.
                            I need to make some. Your post made my mouth start watering!

Comment

Good afternoon rounders.....was up at 3 am as usual...but had a busy morning.....going through recipes.....starting to put together possible dinners for Hannah and Dave......want to start trying new meals ... have so many to choose from. Today I have small meatballs in beef broth which will end up being meatball stroganoff.....they both like it...as I have made it before...but trying some new ingredients today... also making brussel sprouts as the veggie and a chopped salad...which has become the favorite of my family...and mine too. Love it....as it has everything in the package needed to make the salad...dressing and toppings too.

Still have not been shopping for new jeans....don't really want to have to try to take them in...they have strange seams and don't want to fuss with them. At the current time I am using a stretch belt to keep them up...

Can't wait to start working on the dress slacks....they are so baggy...Marianne won't let me wear them...she says they look terrible. Not going to get rid of them...they will be easy to alter. So happy I have the new sewing machine...it is one that almost threads itself.....

Monica and Hannah should be here at any time...so will leave the computer.... hope all rounders are in for a good day....

Comment

Working...
                              X