DEC28th, Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEC28th, Sunday

We went to Ruby Tuesday's yesterday for a family meal and it was very good. I had not been there for years. My DD will be going back home today and I will be taking her to bkfst at the Cracker Barrell before she heads out. We have had a really good visit this time and we got caught up on our talk, etc.

I want to get a walk in today at some point. The weather has been just beautiful and I need some exercise. Since I started sewing again I've collected quite a bit of stuff that goes with it and now I need to organize my stash closet. I want to put stuff in bins with labels so I can just see what I have at a glance. I'll have different bins for fabric, sewing supplies, crafting supplies, etc.

The etsy business is not going to happen because we realized it would be too pricey for me to start out that way. Since I'm going to be getting a job and working a few more years I have decided to just start out selling my crafts at the Farmer's Market nearby. It is only $10 for a space and they provide a table, chairs, and umbrellas. How can you beat that? Plus they draw a huge crowd. I'll give it a go.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning.

Hi karlinann!

Well, already a foulup. Long story short, church bulletins printed incorrectly, and now I've wasted half and must print again. *sigh*

Hate to tell you what I'm making for church, but here it is: Corn dog appetizers. Sounds awful, doesn't it?

Weather here is super cold - 32, but rain is over, so we shouldn't be skating this morning.

Have a good day, Everyone. BTW: I'm sick of food!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
      Karlinan, the Farmers Market is a good place to sell your crafts. I bet you will do well.
      Elaine, frankly I love corn dogs....appetizer or regular! They should go over well in this weather in particular. I haven't made any in a long time, but the best ones I made had dry mustard in the batter.

I'm not going to check the forecasts today. I want to believe things are going to warm up. Overnight was supposed to be the last deep freeze. It's so early for this freez-business.....usually it's Jan/Feb when it hits. It's just a good weekend to be indoors. Does this mean an earlier spring & summer, do you think?

Nothing much else going on here.
      Have a great day. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...I am trying to decide about church this morning...I didn't sleep worth a crap and woke with a head ache...May go to SS and not stay for church...I may sleep a bit more and then decide..

No other plans for today

Comment

Good morning all!

Cold here but clear I think. It was cold yesterday but warmed up to a crisp 50. I put on my coat and walked around the building twice and it felt good. Hope to do the same today.

Don't intend to do much today other then chapel service and read. Yesterday got all the Christmas decorations down and stashed in the two boxes and they are in the closet. Just have the two wreaths left and will put them away after New Years. They lay on top of the boxes so not trouble. Next time these decorations are up should be on Maui, Lord Willing.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Morning all

Sorry to report - but it's beautiful here. Yesterday was 70 degrees and sunny. We took 2 loads of boxed up stuff to the new house. Today will be more pitching, packing, and moving.

Chris is cooking breakfast for me - ham & cheese omelet and cheese grits. YUM!

Y'all have a good 'un!
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning.

late late sleep in .. after 4 am bathroom call.... but need to get moving .. get those young men up... taking them out to dinner.. Im tired of cooking .. even what little I am doing .. ...

had so much fun at the get together last night with Donna, and my sisters family ... they are like a second set of grand kids..
              lots to eat . played a card game.. just fun....

Hi to all .. I better get a move on it.. David is dressed , ready to leave . me and boys are still in pjs.. so I will be back later to read.
              Hi Paula
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, all. Cold again this morning. 28º Brrrrrr! Have to put on my Parka instead of a sweat shirt jacket.

Nothing new here. You all take care.

Comment

Drove home with the rain pouring the entire trip. Traffic was very heavy and I was glad to be home...curled up in my nice warm bed and slept like a rock until 8:00 this morning! Had a wonderful day and ate way to much but this should be the last time for total gluttony. I amaze myself at how much junk I can eat at Christmas...although I do think I am sicker of ham than cookies! It is gloomy and cold and suppose to get steadily colder all week and climax with snow or ice Friday. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get an oil change and fix the side mirror of my car...can you imagine the garbage can coming up and hitting my car like that?...but I may have to cancel to give Sierra my car for an eye exam. She's meeting her dad for the insurance card so I may ride along and get breakfast out. Look at me worrying about breakfast tomorrow when I just complained about two weeks of over eating! This holiday eating thing may be harder to break than I thought!! Maye, wonderful picture of your grands, happy packing Pat, wish my decorations were packed away Nalani, hope you feel better Beth. Karlin, my sister sews all kinds of crafts and gives them away. People love them and are always asking her to make more...there is a market for hand sewn things. This year instead of buying gift bags she made them from cheap Christmas fabric. They are adorable and even have a bottom that makes then stand like a real bag but her tote bags, I use mine for a purse since it carries everything, are the most popular. I highly recommend getting a table at the farmers market. It could be very profitable! Hello to everyone else out there...I think the cookies are calling me for more coffee.

Comment

Good morning! All the talk of going out to eat just makes me wish I lived in a bigger area where they have Ruby Tuesday or Cracker Barrel. I have eaten at both.
                    Church today then I am not sure what. ,I put up the new 2015 calendar in the daycare room and then realized there are still some days left in this year!
                    I finally got my Amazon card registered with a very nice customer service rep who, get this, did not use my name once!
                    So what was up with the other woman Constantly saying Paula every other phrase? Anyway, I ordered a nice led, no, pedometer that is on clearance and will wait awhile to use up the rest of the amount.
                    This is the first year that all packages arrived before Christmas.
                    Maye, the picture is wonderful and your posts have almost been like being there. Mi .( I can't hit my backspace arrow on the RT. It freezes my post.) especially about the guts eatingbandvsleeping.
                    Karlinann I know you will do well with the farmers market. People can see, feel and check out your bags. I have a friend who started selling her pecan logs on etsy and sold only 17, all to people who had already tasted them. So I think it will be a good start for you locally, and word of mouth is a lot where gifts are concerned! We Nan's are always looking for cute gifts!
                    Homemade corn dogs, Elaine? Yummy! At our house, we even like the State Fair brand and Foster Farms!
                    Beth, hope you feel better. I used to get headaches often and they are no fun. Maxi, glad you weathered that traffic. I do not like driving at night around here. Too dark on most roads.
                    Pat, enjoy that breakfast, especially the grits. No Southern restaurants around here, so we rarely have them.
                    Have a good day, everyone. I got a new book for Christmas and I think I will be taking it easy today with it.

Comment

Paula, Pat - when I lived in San Antonio, my neighbor across the street would make grits for her boys, and for my kids if they were there. (The dish that is acceptable at any meal ---- can't do that with oatmeal or Cream of Wheat.). Anyway, my kids loved the Southern way she served them.

So I bought grits for my kids, and her kids came over to taste mine....unlike my kids, they liked them "Yankee style" with milk and sugar! . That surprised the heck out of their mom!
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

My first taste of grits did not go well at all. We were eating at a diner driving through the South and I thought, Yay! Cream of Wheat. Took a bite and not what I expected!
                        The next time I had them was at a friend's who served them up with cheese.
                        Made a believer outta me!

Comment

Working...
                        X