Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ March 31

Good golly and good day!

Pat, where are you? It says you are online.

Well, not looking forward to today - dentist.

Beautiful weather here. Not much to report.

Paula, weren't pioneers made of tough stuff? Wow!

Well, better get hopping. LuvY'all!

I'm here - I was just making cornbread for tonight's dressing I'm going to make for supper. Going to roast a chicken with it. Maybe Brussels sprouts too.

I now have Chris's cold and am coughing my head off. OH YAY. NOT. I'll prob end up at the Dr. getting a steroid shot to make it go away faster. Hard to breathe and having to use my inhaler.

Trying to get Erin motivated and out the door now. Y'all have a good 'un.

Oh, and yes, I AM having a slice of hot buttered cornbread for breakfast.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Pat I am having cold pizza for breakfast! One of my favorite but I must admitt hot corn bread sounds delish...

I didn't get to go shopping yesterday...to much happened...I had a horrible day at work....A good friend was attacked by another client....then that client went after me...it took 4 people to keep her from getting to me...I was so scared! I still honestly have not figured out what we did to provoke that...she was yelling about getting in the middle of it and always getting in the middle of everything when she came at me...all I did was run and yell for help...I knew better than to try to get her off my friend...she will be suspended for 2 weeks now...If you ask me she shouldn't be allowed back at all! She lives in a local mental health facility and they keep us separated from them for the most part and I really feel like that girl should lose her rights to come work with us...this the 2nd time in less than a moth that she has attacked some one...She was talking about wanting to come to work with us in laundry again...I really really hope that doesn't happen...

Maybe I will get to shop today after my last physical therapy.

Comment

good morning

another cool 33 morning .... hopefully to climb higher
        what a frightening experience Beth...best choice, Run.
        Pat . hot corn bread, yumm... with your recipe or a box?.
        Elaine.. dentist.. no fun time for you.. until its over.

this is the morning of lady and 2 of her children lessons.. that pretty much takes up all the energy for the day...

trying to get the Easter Sunday dinner , which is now moved down to what we folks call supper.. after 4ish... so I guess it will be an evening party... but now to see what has to be prepared...

Hi to you sleepyheads. or busy people
        Hi Paula and Donna.. and the three Jo's... and the long list of you all.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning! It's a chilly one here too. Yesterday started out sunny & warm, but by late afternoon it was very cold & the clouds rolled it.

Yesterday was another busy one. It felt good though. Mixed up 4 kinds of cookie dough, baked off 2 of them, and baked 3 apple pies. We went out for Chinese. The plan was to leave Blaise with Kathy but those two looked so sad, that we took them with us. Got a call from a new customer. Her Mom has ordered off me a few times. Anyways, she ordered 2 kinds of cookies I didn't have on hand & a birthday cake. She needs the cake for Sunday, but we discussed her freezing it for a few days. It told her I wouldn't feel bad it she didn't want to get the cake from me because of that, but she wanted my cake. Spent the evening doing all the laundry while watching TV. Very productive day...even went to the gym.

This morning I set my alarm so I would get up & get moving. I had sugar cookie dough & sandwich cookie dough to bake off. I had the sugar cookies baking & went to roll out the sandwich cookie dough & found out I rolled out the wrong dough for the sugar cookies...SH**!!! So I rolled out the sugar cookie dough & cut out the cupcakes. I had one tray of "sugar cookies" left to put in the oven, so I rescued that dough & got a little over a dozen sandwich cookies cut out of it. Dang! At least those weren't ordered by anyone. Since I have an extra dozen cupcake sugar cookies, I'll take those to my nephew for him to share with his dorm buddies. His birthday is on Easter. I also made him some Pecan Pie cookies, which are his absolute favorite.

I'm heading out shortly to check out the thrift store since today is 50% off everything. Will come home & ice the cookies, bake a cake. roast the turkey, and who knows what else. I'm hoping tomorrow I'll just have to organize things & have customers pick up orders.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Need to be up and dressed for an early appointment with the repairman. He is looking at the refrigerator. Then need to do some grocery shopping. Dying eggs Thursday and the kids want to grill. Kinda sounded good to me too but now I need to put together a shopping list. Another beautifully warm day. Maybe I'll take a walk later.

Comment

Good morning all!

(((((Beth))))) That must of been scary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~to all!

Will get a haircut this morning and then do some Kmart shopping on the way home. More organizing for the "yard sale" I am having in the Atrium on Thursday. Really do have lots to take down the long hall to the Atrium. Lucky they do have carts for us to use at any time, but I still will have to make many trips. Will be glad when it's over. Then pack for the trip to Maui next week leaving on Easter Sunday.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning, all. Same old weather. I hope this takes. I started to post a few minutes ago and it wouldn't post. There were small black marks above some of the letters. Tried to preview and it said no. Still does it if I press enter. Anyway it will just be one long paragraph. Dr. Appointment at 9:30 for allergies. Bad day yesterday. Still annoying but when the sun rises they will get worse. Later.

Comment

I am later this morning. Tried to get some things done this morning.
                  So Good morning West Coadt and Good lunch time to the rest!

Pecan pie cookies are my new favorite. The ones Becky made were with pie dough as the base. So good. I just think I better wait till Friday to make them so I can take some to friends and not have a lot here to call to me. I need to stay focused on my diet ( of sorts).
                  Maye, I hope your day is produvtive with the piano lessons, and your students show some appreciation for you!
                  It will be an easy day here: planting bean seeds and corn dogs...fun for the kids and not too much work, just a little dirt, for me.
                  Enjoy your day and hope it includes some smiles!

Comment

Hi. Couldn't get online earlier. They disconnected our wi-fi too soon, but it's back til we check out today.
                    Very early some guy was sweeping slush from against doors and the building. It's still raining, a steady mist, and too cold for my liking. In the 39's yet.
                    We willbe checking out shortly, leaving this afternoon. We land first in Phx (95°) the. Tucson (88°).
                    Have a good day!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                    X