DEC26th, the day after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEC26th, the day after

My DD was not able to come yesterday. She is still weak from having that terrible flu and had to take a day to just rest after going back to work this past week. She is coming today and we will open our gifts and she can rest up all weekend and be pampered.

I started making the Monster Tissue Holders yesterday and I ended up making 6 of them. They are so cute and adorable that I know they will be a big selling feature. I used felt for the holder and medium Rick Rack for the monster teeth. If you want to see what they look like go to www.shinyhappyworld.com and check out the Monster Tissue Holder sewing tutorial. Mine are similar, but different. I have one just made for the Florida Gator fan.

I've got to get busy with another denim bag. I'll BBL.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning

I could have been here at 4.30.. but set in recliner and just relaxed. another busy busy Christmas under our belts... all was great.
    food. family. weather.. but I am ready for some silence.. . David and I went to sister Dolores's . where Donna and family were all together .. got two new jigsaw puzzles. yea... my Gdson Kiel got his car repairs made and so the boys went off to visit with relatives on the "other side". for 90% of yesterday... they are in bed downstairs. but I never heard them come in..

no plans for today... just polish off the left overs. and make phone calls..... we will party once more with Donna and family on Sat. evening .. ..
    Finally on our way toward spring!.....

Karlin . you are making me think about some sort of constructive project....maybe get an afghan started..make wedding gift for Great niece... .( next Aug.).

so Hi to all.. see you later
    Hi Paula.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning...Christmas was great! One more Christmas get together on the 3rd of December with my mom's side of the family...

I have no plans except catching some extra sleep today and reading alot!

Comment

Good morning.
        We had a quiet Christmas. I had sinus pressure most of the day, the sunny morning turned darker as rain clouds came in. About mid-afternoon a light rain fell, but as evening set in it got heavier. I have no idea when it stopped.
        When we were in Phoenix last, we dropped off all kinds of stuff with the kids, including a few gifts. Little Emily, whom I'm afraid might be autistic, absolutely loved her gift. (One never knows how she will react to things. She might be set off screaming at a new dolly.). We gave her a very plush snowman that has bright changing lights inside, plus it plays familiar Christmas tunes that apparently tried to sing along with. Everything she likes are in that gift. Sure made us happy.

This morning I slept in til 6:30, I can't believe it. My head feels better, anyway. My tummy, not so much.
        This afternoon I have an appointment for a haircut. Its overdue. The salon is pretty close to Costco. Hmmmmmmm.

Hi Karlinann, you sure are crafty. Your items should sell nicely.
        Hi Maybe, and all who follow.

Have a nice, relaxing day.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning.

Not relaxing here. Cooked for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and now cooking for more company coming today. Yikes! But, it's all fun and only happens once a year (I hope.)

Already made 2 batches of sugar cookies that have been consumed, and so number 3 is chilling now. I will say that I tried the pecan pie casserole, and I will never make a pecan pie again. Everyone LOVED it (too sweet for my taste), and the good part is you scoop it and don't have to cut it in slices.

Well, better get back to the kitchen. Hugs to All ~~~~~

Comment

Happy Boxing Day.
            Icy this AM at 27º. Put Lily in her sweater to go out this morning. Cars are covered with frost.

We had dinner at the Chinese/Japanese restaurant. I had a combination plate with
            salmon teriyaki and shrimp tempura. Yummy! I ate almost all. Left a bit of rice and some salad.
            Joyce and Ross gave me a new keyboard as I have been griping because this one is old and blurry.

About all for now. Every one get some rest.

Comment

Last of my overnight guest are in the shower and then I will start the clean up. Yesterday was fantastic! Loud but wonderful! The little kids were wound up but so funny and all my siblings were here for dinner. Both my grands were here for dinner also but left early for prior commitments. I am so happy they wanted to be here after we celebrated our Christmas last weekend. It was after 8 before all left and I was pooped and left most of the mess. My sister and family wanted me to come today and stay over since they will be doing their Christmas tomorrow but I think I will go early in the morning and come back home tomorrow night. None of my family will be joining us so I will be driving myself and coming home in the dark..unless I stay over...will pack my jams just in case. Sounds like everyone had a happy and merry Christmas. It came so fast and is ending just as rapidly! Think I will have seconds on my breakfast...cookies and coffee! Guess I can't say HO Ho Ho anymore so how about Happy Happy Happy?

Comment

Could've sworn I checked in earlier, but guess not.

Christmas is OVER! YAY!

I have to say it was the BEST Christmas I've had in quite a few years. Erin, Chris, and I opened our gifts yesterday afternoon and then I fixed prime rib for supper. A quiet day - we spent the evening playing cards and listening to music.

I had to work this morning, so we turned in early last night. Erin came to work with me as I'm only open half a day. I will take her back to her Dad's as she has a friend coming over for the afternoon. She also wants to set up her PS3 she received for Christmas from me.

I got lots of lovely gifts! Gift certificates for mani/pedi and an hour massage! Erin got me some Florida Gator PJ pants that I LOVE!

I hope you all got every little thing your heart desired. Just being with people who love me was a treat!

Y'all have a good 'un!
                The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Ladyebug the cobbler sounds good. But there are pecan pie bars, too, that you might want to try:

I plan to try this with mincemeat for E, when he finishes his fantastic blueberry pie.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Elaine - would you please post the recipe for that pecan pie casserole in the kitchen? Thanks!
                    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

We had a wonderful day, too. Becky made a pecan pie (first ever made in our house) that was perfect! We sat around the table talking, my mom, too, waiting for my brother to call. We talked with him on speaker. He was in Wichita overnight. He just made captain with Delta and I wanted to know how it felt the first time he announced himself to a flight...he said it was pretty cool! Going to Wichita, though, he let his first officer announce because he was from there. I thought that was pretty nice.
                      We talked to both boys and their families. Stuart's kids finally found out they are going to Disney World in Feb.
                      Becky served at the shelter from 4:00 to 8:00, which gave me a very quiet evening. I took my time and cleaned up.
                      We have company for dinner and will use yesterday's leftovers.
                      I am going to get a new book. Was thinking I would get it for the iPad, but decided to get it in hardback so we can share it.
                      Spencer sent me an Amazon gift card and now I will be looking over their site. I don't shop there too often.
                      Happy Day After! It is sunny and cold here, but I just needed sunny to clean the yard.

Comment

Almost Good Afternoon all!

Like, Pat, thought I had checked in earlier but guess I didn't..

Nice Christmas here and I got through it with very few tears. Had a nice chat with Val too. Last night I watched my DVD of Sound of Christmas. So beautiful and I have always loved it.

Now to get through New Years. Am starting to un decorate and will do more tomorrow.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                        X