Merry Christmas~2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas~2014

Good morning my dear friends and Merry Christmas to all of you!!

Soon there will be many happy little children waking their parents out of a sound sleep. Madness will ensue and then it will all be over for another year.

I worked Tuesday night and had last night~Christmas Eve~ off and go back in tonight at 10 pm. The doors will be locked and no customers will be allowed in until 5 am. Those of us that always have to work Christmas night are always so happy for that. We actually hate to have them unlock the doors at 5 am. It's so nice to have a nice quiet store to work in. LOL!

Christmas at his brother's last night. First time in I don't know when that we didn't have mexican food. I was very happy about that as I am usually the one that does most of the cooking for that. Since I barely got any sleep yesterday after work I was unusually tired. We had decided earlier to do pizza this year. I was totally happy with that but there were so many grumblers that I no it will be mexican fare again next year. Hope they have learned to do some of the cooking.

Today it will just be my sweetie and I here at home. I will be roasting a nice prime rib, baking potatoes and will also have Brussels sprouts and roll as well. Looking forward to it already. Then I will have to see if I can get a couple hours sleep.

Hoping you are all happy and healthy as you wake up. Enjoy your Christmas with family and friends. Thanks for being here as I consider you all family.

Love you all!

Merry Christmas to all Rounders. I have been awake since 0100 hrs and have already made another bag. They look so pretty hanging in a row and I am thinking my daughter will be so impressed. She will be arriving later this morning and when DH gets home from work we will all eat and then open our gifts. I am making a ham, baked sweet potatoes and red potatoes, collard greens, rolls and peach pie. I wanted to do asparagus too Kellie, but it was pricey and didn't look really fresh.

So I hope everyone has a splendid day. Will check back later to see how many post today.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Feliz Navidad!!

Good Morning! Dear Friends

We had a lovely Christmas Eve, beginning with church at 5p, then back here for dinner. They ate everything except the hambone. I made the recipe for "Wendy's Frosty" for the 5 little boys, and the adults liked even better. The only foul up was that my friend Melody brought a Texas Sheet Cake and I felt like I had to serve it. The $40 Tuxedo cake I ordered from the bakery is still in the refrigerator. We go to niece's tonight for dinner with the same bunch. I do vegetables and one dessert. Wouldn't you know that she made a chocolate cake, as well, so I guess this cake will go back in the freezer.

Hope you each have a beautiful Christmas Day.
      Last edited by ladyebug; 12-25-2014, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Merry Christmas all!

We had a great time at Chris's parents yesterday - they have accepted me and Erin as their own. I received many lovely gifts and we munched all afternoon. We came home last night and collapsed on the couch and watched "A Christmas Story" - Chris had never seen it before and belly laughed quite a bit.

I will pick Erin up after they open their gifts at her Dad's. I'm making a small prime rib roast for us with Hasselback potatoes and broccoli. We will just lay around the house all day.

I hope each and every one of you is surrounded by love today!
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Merry Christmas!

Yesterday was busy & I didn't accomplish all I wanted, but who cares. I got the important stuff done. Pies turned out beautiful for my customers & they all picked up their orders by 1:30pm, so I had the rest of the day to look sloppy & do my thing.

We went to church and at the end they had communion & we all picked up a candle & surrounded the sanctuary. I let Blaise hold a candle while we sang Silent Night. I knelt beside him & he was so thrilled. One of the members afterward said it would have made a beautiful picture...the two of us...how sweet. Came home with a very excited little boy. Kathy was suppose to pick him up at 9am. She kept calling. They were at her boyfriend's adult family Christmas party & finally at 9:45 she called in tears because they were still opening gifts & were taking a break. I told her to relax, enjoy, and we'd just bring Blaise in the morning with us to her place. I know it's not the Christmas night/morning to was picturing in her mind, but that's life. He was already asleep & it'll work. I made the cinnamon rolls last night because I didn't think I'd have enough time this morning.

Now I've got a bunch of little things to do before we leave for Kathy's at 9:15 and then onto PA for the weekend. The car will be full of goodies. I took most of the gifts back there over Thanksgiving & only have a few I've picked up in the meantime. This will be our first trip w/o Amber. I do miss our dog, but I sure don't miss the messes on the carpets & going out to make sure she does her thing outside. Did I tell you the beautician that matched us up went on Monday to check on them & she says they are doing fantastic together. Amber wouldn't even come to her but clung to his side. That gave me peace. Glad she's living with someone who adores her & has more time & patience than I did.

I'm so looking forward to the next coming days. Seeing & celebrating with the family I love. I'm blessed! Merry Christmas!!!!...and Happy Birthday Jesus!

Comment

Good Morning

up as usual at 5.30... but internal clock cared little that I need more sleep.

what a day yesterday was .... basically that was my Christmas day .and this years was so special...with the two out of state grandboys here. and the other seven (plus 2 spouses and 2 fiances)..were all here last evening .a house full of for sure. All but three members of out immediate family were here. a bunch of them went to church with us.. then home to eat and eat .. gift exchanges, played the crazy gift game.. not a tear or hash word ,, just laughter everywhere.... Gdson Kiel surprised us by asking the Blessing........... so Bethany was right..TRADITION...is a good thing... and she was happy ... have leftovers to feed my crew today.. we will drop in on the kids houses ,, if we get up and feel like moving... hopefully go to Donna's Moms, (my sister). and see all of them this evening ..
            After all the weather predictions the last 4-5 days.. for a horrible Christmas Eve.. we had a balmy almost 50 all day and some rain late in evening ... so that everyone's travel was good.. .Thank You Lord.

Hi and a Happy, Blessed Christmas DAy to all my dear friends at the Round Table... my your Day be a Great one.
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning rounders and Merry Christmas... We had our wonderful meatless Christmas Eve....my granddaughter Amanda brought her boyfriend Lyle....have not seen him for a couple of months...they still are together....do like him....he is a very nice young man. We have so many leftovers...will be a second feast day here... Granddaughter Angela and baby Niko stayed with us last night.....Markus went with his Dad to his other grandparents house. I am going to my son Matt's for breakfast and watch them open there family gifts....that has been a tradition for a long time.

At least we don't have to cook....Marianne made a fun breakfast casserole for us.... in the oven as I sit here and type. Angela and Niko are up ...Niko had his bottle...and needs more...think he slept longer than usual. What a sweet baby......Markus is the same.

I was so lucky .... my daughter Monica and husband Dave bought me a new sewing machine...it sure was a surprise. Marianne bought me a beautiful new coat....which I really needed....all my coats were too large and have given them away...to my dil Leisa's Mom....who is somewhat needy...love the fact I can give her some of my clothes. She is very tall...and slimmer but is always happy to receive them....Leisa takes pictures of her in some of them...to show me how she looks in them..

Sending big hugs out to all and wishes for a wonderful Christmas ....

Comment

Lest we forget what Christmas is all about.

Hope all are healthy and enjoying the Christmas Spirit with your love ones. For those who will be spending Christmas alone, hope your day goes by quickly.

Merry Christmas to everyone.
                Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Merry Christmas, everyone.
                  We had a quiet Christmas Eve day. I got to roast my turkey, which I hadn't done in many years. I think my oven is a little of, because it took longer...usually it's right on time. I sent E to pick up my prescription, and they gave him 3 for me, and 1 for himself. It will be a month til I see the Oncologist and get my prescriptions sorted out.

Today will be a quiet day at home. Nothing much to do. We will have some wonderful leftovers. In general, no plans at all.
                  If we're lucky, we'll hear from our kids.
                  The neighbors are gone, probably visiting relatives. I don't see their cat at my door.
                  I think rain is forecasted for today, so no doubt we will have some colder temps today.

Have a beautiful holiday, everyone.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Merry Christmas all!

Everyone sounds like they are having a busy wonderful family Christmas!

Will be a busy day for me. Just finished doing my laundry and still have to put it away. After breakfast will go the Veterans' Cemetery and visit Buddy for a while. Then pick up Bim and bring him back here for the gift opening and then we will have the wonderful Christmas dinner they have planned for us of Prime Rib. After which I shall take Bim back to his apartment and we will tape up some flattened boxes so he can put stuff in them that he will be donating.

Have a wonderful Christmas day all!

Comment

Merry Christmas!
                      Waiting to hear from Stuart in WA. I can't wait to hear how the kids reacted to finding out they are going to Disney World.
                      And Spencer and his family called yesterday after they opened gifts. Lots of happy faces of their boys on Facebook. My favorite was the little guy, Joe, sitting in front of a toy, nodding off. The two older boys woke everyone up early!
                      We have had two groups of carolers this year. And so many plates of treats that we are calling a halt to baking...for awhile.
                      All your family visits and travels are tugging at my heart. Family is everything! Enjoy your Christmas with them.
                      Thankful for all of you!

Comment

Hi Paula. You triggered a sweet Christmas memory for me. The kids would get up before the birds on Christmas. One year we caught them just before they trashed open everybody's presents. So, theChristmas Rule was that they couldn't go to the living room until we got up! They discussed it among themselves after that, early and anxious and not wanting to startle us awake, they gathered at our bedroom door and sung Christmas Carols, so we could all be at the tree together....and early.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Merry Christmas, Looks like we're all having a good start to the day. Nothing going on here yet. Karen (I think) will be the one picking me up for our lovely dinner. All I had for breakfast was a small bowl of Granola so I'll really be ready. I say we're going for Chinese food but this place also serves some Japanese things so sushi, here I come.
                          MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Comment

Merry Christmas to one and all! I have made it before the day ends.

This is the first time in my life that I have been all alone on Christmas Day, but it was a good day. I have watched Christmas movies, played on the computer, talked to friends and family and napped. Yesterday, I went to Mass and that was all I did. It has been different!

Tomorrow, I must get to the post office and TRY and get them to get my mail straightened out!!! UGH!

Have a wonderful rest of today!!!
                            "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
                            X