Tuesday, DEC23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, DEC23

Good morning Rounders. I now have 3 denim purses made. The one I made this morning is from a denim vest. I just need to go to the thrift store today and find a soft web belt to make the handle with. It has several colors in it and should be a breeze to match. I will be looking at vests in a whole new light from now on.

I need to go back to the grocery today and get some last minute items, plus we need 17 more points in order to get our free small appliance at Winn-Dixie. Love those deals.

Over the river and through the woods...........................
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning all

No clue why I'm up so early - guess it's because I went to bed at 9:30 last night for a change.

Chris turned our application in for the house we are looking at renting yesterday - keep your fingers crossed for us. If all goes well, we will be moving back into town from the beach the first weekend in January. Luckily, most of my junk is still boxed up, so I don't have to pack a lot - just help Chris pack up 15 years of his stuff.

I have the office to myself today all day. It should be very quiet. The only people I will see are repairmen, carpet cleaners, and seasonal guests checking their mail. We are closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. I have to open the office from 8-12 on Friday and Saturday. I have snacks and a good book to keep me occupied. And there's always the office TV - I can watch Christmas movies all day if I want! Think I'll take some popcorn with me

I'm off to drink more coffee and fold a load of clothes before hitting the shower. I should be wrapping gifts, but we agreed we will do all of that when I get off work this evening.

Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning ladies.....I am late getting here but have been busy.....made double batch of Kringle dough and it is in fridge....will be able to roll them out and fill them to bake later today. Has to be refrigerated as if overnight. Tomorrow is already our big day...much to do to be ready...still have few wrappings to do....Hannah did most of mine...she is a great helper....she even decorated some boxed cookies Marianne bought for Markus to do...when we visited him last week....left some here so Hannah did them up yesterday... We took a cookie tray to a friend of Hannah's dad who is a priest and said he would love some cookies...so the three of us drove over to his home with a good size tray....and he was very happy to get them...

Was trying to finish wrapping but found almost all the bags and boxes are gone...so I am making a trip to Meijers after I shower and get dressed....want to stop at AAA to renew Monica's membership.
      Will get the boxes and couple of things I need for tomorrows dinner... plus the bags and boxes.

Want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a wonderful holiday....did not get all my cards done...too much going on here this year... I will have to be sure to make a note on my calendar next year to start right after Thanksgiving....

Comment

Good Morning.

Hope everyone is having a joyous time! I am not. Our long-time bank has sold, and we are in the process of moving everything to another. What a pain! I just hope I can remember everyone I need to contact and everything I need to do. We started yesterday, and instead of sugarplums in my head, I have forms and more forms.

On the countdown to Christmas Eve, today is my cleaning day. Not really much to do, but I always go overboard, so why not this year as well.
        My cooking begins in earnest in the morning. Hope I have everything I need.

Have a good day. Hugs ~~~~~

Comment

Good morning everyone.

The weather is warm and rainy for today. "They" say that tomorrow afternoon we may get some snow. By the looks of the radar, it appears that may happen a little north of me. I can take or leave a "white Christmas" this year as I don't plan to go anywhere until Friday. The temps even look like that if we get any snow, it should melt by the time I get ready to hit the road.

Today will be Health Works this morning and may bake a cake or make a dessert of some sort. Not a big deal if I change my mind all together. Do need to run to the store to pick up a few grocery items.

Everyone enjoy your day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning! Would you believe we had two SUNNY days in a row?!?! Loved it!

Yesterday was busy, but not super productive. Took Blaise to the doctor to get a Rx for salve for what I thought was a single Ring Worm...ha!...he showed me the start of many RW on his back, so it's the liquid medicine for 6 weeks...YUCK! Stopped at Kroger on the way home to pick up some grocery specials plus items I didn't know I NEEDED. Got home & then some customers came & then I delivered several trays & stopped at the gym to work out. Wrapped the rest of the gifts & then went across the street for a Christmas party which included Santa & gifts...it was nice.

Corky called as usual & they were told they are all getting laid off as of Wednesday. The job was suppose to last through January, but apparently they've decided to stop & not finish until the end of January. Corky will be coming home with us after Christmas until another job comes along, which will be nice.

Today is another busy one. Going to make perogies with my two girls. I told Kathy if she comes, we'll double the recipe & send a bunch home with her & she was thrilled. I'm also going to roast a ham (taking most back to PA with me for Saturday night's dinner which will include scalloped potatoes with a layer of ham) and we'll have perogies & green beans...yum! Will start doing laundry & packing too. I still need to make up a few more trays & also pack packages of cookies to take back Home to make trays there. Need to fit in a trip to the gym in there too...maybe I should do that now.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning,

ok, everyone,,,,( except Pat)... stop,, 1 ,2,3 ,,breath in, breath out,,, relax... repeat 4-5 times.. and sing Silent Night in your head or out loud. ... now.. don't you feel better..??? and remember, If it don't get baked or don't get sweepered. swiffered. or decorated.. .... no one will notice but YOU... so relax... take time to hug your family... and really talk with them....... time flies by much too fast to worry about the dust bunnies and the "might of made cookies/cake"..

the above is my chant these days... .. its working .. now if I just didnt have to cook/ feed these men I would be ok....
              you all are aiming for Thursday big day.... Mine is Wed evening . 20 some folks.. praying for decent weather for them all to travel in..

Pat. what a cozy job...
              Elaine.. just leave those teeny tiny dust bunnies sleep
              Karlin . sounds like you have found a fun project
              Jostoy... you are going away for Christmas?.
              Mickie. using those little bags is such an easy way to gift wrap.... and they are reusable next year if you open them gently.

Donna will see you C. Day and at Sherrys..

better get the working clothes on ... boys are still asleep (and will be for a while).. but I can get my upstairs dusted and all stuff hid.. never worry about this part of the house... since we party downstairs. after the "boys" are up , I will get 90% of cleaning down downstairs.. making a list and checking off the Necessary things.. set out the take-it-downstairs items, bowls, more utensils. big cook pot. etc ... to make each trip down the steps count.

see you all later
              Hi Kellie, Kim and Paula.
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maye, not actually. I'm leaving just for an overnight with my Aunt on Friday. Will be back home Saturday afternoon.
                Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

morning..headed to the hospital in a bit for routine blood work..was going to get up early and go but chose to sleep until I woke and then get up and go...will have breakfast there if I am not too late...

When I come home I have chocolate chip cookies to bake...and a load of laundry and dishes...

Comment

Good morning all!

Don't think I checked in yesterday. I know I read the check in posts but don't think I did.

They have so many activities going on here and I am participating in many of them. Sure keeps your mind off feeling sorry for yourself which is good. Singing, a reading of It's a wonderful Life by a church group, more singing, games, yesterday a trio of harps playing. All sorts of things. Did make a quick trip to the mall to get a calendar from the kiosk they always have up this time of year. Wanted a smaller one then the ones sent out in the mail and I found a nice one. The mall was crowded with shoppers. Stopped a moment to watch the children talk to Santa. Also watched a couple of children riding around these rented battery run animals. They were having so much fun.

Today will get a hair cut and this afternoon will wrap some things for Bim. He will come here for our Christmas dinner but he will get here earlier and we will do our gift opening at that time.

Have a good day all and don't overdo and wear yourselves into a frazzle trying to do too much.

Comment

I am soooo aggravated! I was going to pre-heat the oven at 3am and get the Dark Rum Eggnog cake baked to take to the office today and the oven won't unlock. I have tried everything and have called the leasing office. I had to leave a voicemail. I have no idea what time anyone will help me get this thing reset! I guess the cake will wait until New Year's. My official "last day" is 31 December, but I will work for a few hours after my farewell luncheon.

I finished wrapping my gifts as I couldn't bake and I did a load of wash that is now in the dryer. I really need to vacuum and mop floors. I have put off both jobs as they are hard for me to do.(I cannot believe that it is hard to vacuum and / or mop two floors. I guess I should break down and dust also.

It is foggy, rainy and in the 40s right now. It is supposed to be messy weather all through the weekend. It was yucky yesterday also. GRRRRR

Good luck on the application for the house you want, Pat. Do you not like living at the beach?

Donna, I am so sorry that Corky was laid off. ANYTIME is a bad time, but Christmas really stinks. You are in my prayers. I am also praying that you have a safe trip to PA. Give Janet a big hug for me!

Safe travel to all who will be traveling during the holidays - even overnighters!

Have a great day and don't work too hard! Like Maye says, what doesn't get done isn't important! I am probably going to have lots of dust bunnies, Elaine, but I can't see them anyway! (HEY, a GOOD thing about losing my sight! LOL)
                      "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                        Not much going on here. I still need to go to the grocery store for a few things.
                        The sun isn't up quite yet, but it's light out. Already I'm hearing sirens from 2 directions.
                        E is up early. Good! He can carry in the frozen turkey from the garage freezer. I hope to cook it tomorrow, just because.
                        No one expected to visit here; we've already seen the kids here.
                        We may or may not see E's friend from SV here, depending how he's doing.
                        Ahhhh - here comes the sun!
                        E will be bringing my cereal shortly, so I'll just wish you all a good, stress-free day.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Val- yes we love living at the beach - BUT the rent is astronomical at the beach. It is MUCH cheaper in town!
                          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

I hear you, Pat!!!!
                            "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Maybe I didn't hit reply fast enough...my post didn't show up.
                              Two boys are outside playing on the patio. The rest of the yard is too wet and messy to go on, yet. Three are asleep inside so I am sitting between the two spaces. And it is beautiful out! Every time I have gone out to the garbage it feels like Spring. Like that first warm sunshiny day that just makes you smile!
                              My neighbor brought over a plate of goodies that had divinity. So good. She used the first sunny day to make it.
                              Anyway, you are all pretty much ready for dinner. Three more hours and then 5 days off. I am going to enjoy being at home, but I will be missing the ones not here.
                              I will check in earlier tomorrow and be better at hitting the correct button!
                              Hope this day has been good for all of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X