Thursday ~ March 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ March 19th

Well, Aunt Maye, we made it. We survived another winter. Today is the LAST day of it - tomorrow is the first day of Spring! YAY!

Stayed up reading a book until 11:30. Woke up at 3am with a foot cramp and here I am. Oh Lawd, it's gonna be a LONG day. I may have to drink a gallon of coffee just to make it to work.

Is it just me or does anyone else have days where they just don't wanna be an adult?
    Last edited by Pat B; 03-19-2015, 04:51 AM.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

good morning

yes,Pat..many many days of my life are/were spent wishing I could be the child and have someone else worry about the real life problems.. sigh.. but on the other hand... its nicer to Make the decision most of the time.. you and I will both be having sleepy days.. I think I was still reading closer to 1am..
    David and KD Kat both thought I should join their company in the Kitchen...both of them now fed and they will take snoozes soon....so going to set with coffee. and maybe read. (or take short nap?)..
    And yes.....THE LAST DAY OF WINTER IS HERE. ..I MADE IT AGAIN.. now if the weather man can catch up .. lets have sunshine. and little heat guys.

today is shopping day... have been reading all ads . and have a route planned out.. one of the stores that I seldom go to has some great bargains this week. and it is near the Jo-anne fabric store.. so will go for Yarn and then stop at this store... will have to pass Walmart and just might have to pull in..
    No lessons today.. so can run around and then come home and relax...

will be back later to read..
    Hi Paula . and Donna..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning.

Pat, the nice thing about retirement is that you can become a kid again - your obligations drop off dramatically. At least, they have at our house.

Spring has really sprung here. In fact, it looks like John will be mowing the yard tomorrow.

I am spending today in the laundry room. Bought new mattress covers and will be washing all the bedding. Fun.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning, friends.
        I've already been up well over an hour, but will sneak back to bed shortly.
        Yesterday was a long day for me, and we did get rain in the late afternoon, maybe overnight as well.
        Saw the doc, and she said no more cow's milk or products (milk, cheese, yogurt). Found out the other doctor doesn't want to deal with my Coumadin - I didn't realize he hadn't been following all my stats.... So my PCP will take over that and my blood sugar levels. So, now I have to get used to almond milk, and take the probiotic she had mentioned. Hopefully the distress of my med's side effects will go away.
        Monday I go in for labs. E goes in for weight loss group....I need that, too! Will see if I can slip into that.

After the weather hovering around 80°, today will be only 68°. I think I'll bake a batch of brownies to warm the house. Today, floor cleaning. Throw rug washing. Whatever else comes along. E will be giving platelets today. He won't be underfoot when I'm cleaning the house.

Elaine is right...retiring IS becoming a kid again. Or as close as you can ever get to it. I wouldn't want to go back in time, I just want to be the best little old lady I can be. Yeah, I'd like more energy, fewer aches, less gray in my hair.....I'll take my Purple Heart ribbon for successfully raising a herd of kids, and for all the things I've learned over the years.

Hope you all have a great day today.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning...just checking in

Comment

Good morning, all. Spring already has been here for.............well, since autumn. We had no winter so not much snow in the mountains so we will have severe water rationing this summer.

Dentist appointment at 1:00. Forgot to get Ross' number on his new phone and Kait's isn't working for some reason. I told them 10:00 and the realized that I was wrong. No way to get in touch and it's a 15 mile drive. Really dumb not to have his number.

I doubt if I would want to be a day under 40. Before that my life wasn't very good although there were some high points. Seems like that's when I came into being my true self.
            I think I started to become an adult when I was 12 but would rather not go into details right now.

Nothing much else to tell.
            Last edited by BarbCA; 03-19-2015, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Good Thursday to you all! I woke up not to the alarm but to the dreaded words, "there's ants in the kitchen!". That gets one out of bed fast....however, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I will call our pest control guy, like I thought I was going to do a few days back when I saw some in the daycare bathroom, but didn't. anyway, I think my planter out front is where they are coming from. I know if it gets over watered, I see ants coming out. I can't remember the last time we had any ants....but I swear, REd Bluff was built on an ancient ant hill.
              WE had a dinner get together at church for the women's group last night. The decorations were beyond anything I had seen except on Pinterest! It was a Mad Hatter's theme with cute stacked cups and flower arrangements. Months of thrift store shopping, spray painting and hot gluing went into the making of all the table arrangements. I've been involved in doing some pretty good decorating over the years but this one takes the Prize. If anyone wanted a mad hatter's theme this was the ONE! I had not planned to decorate a hat, but a friend called from Target and asked dif I wanted a hat. I told her a straw brimmed visor if they had them and she decorated one for her and one for me. Turned out cute and it will be great for outside when I take the decorations off. I am using it in daycare today because they will get a kick out of it.
              I really want to go to JoAnn's in Redding, Maye, but I need to either go with a sponsor, or a limited amount of cash. I have no control. but I want to do some kind of handwork. Reading about
              your afghans and projects has got me to thinking....
              I better get going...go see if the ants have given up.
              I have a hair appointment after daycare this evening. Can't wait!
              have a great day!

Comment

Good morning all!

Fun day yesterday even though it rained all day. Can't complain about rain in Arizona though. We had a rowdy game of bean bag baseball with a team in Tucson and we lost by one point. They had ordered pizza to be served in the activity room rather then going to the dining room and we mingled with the residents. Interesting people. We were also given a short tour. This Tucson senior living is a much newer building and had some neat things we didn't have.

Woke up at 2 AM screaming from a nightmare about a man chasing me and lunging across a car hood to try and kill me. Woke my self up with the scream. Hope my upstairs neighbor didn't hear me. Could not get to sleep after that. Have no idea why I dreamt something like that.

Have some errands to run this morning and hopefully to get a nap in somewhere.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is shining & I hope it gets warmer today. Yesterday was pretty too.

FINALLY got the sugar cookie dough baked off yesterday after once I got home. Ended up with 17 1/2 doz. Cleaned up that mess & then cooked a very basic dinner. Deboned a whole chicken that I had roasted a couple days ago & put all the bones & "extras" in the crock pot along with some carrots, celery, & an onion. I guess broth is a new "drink" for the health people according to my gym lady. It needs simmered for many hours or up to a couple days. I'm trying it out in my crock pot. I put it on at 6:30pm and will take it off & strain it at 11am today. We'll see how it turns out. The purpose it to get lots of stuff out of the bones. She's like us to go into business together doing this. Nice idea, but I don't think the government would be too thrilled. I guess if she just sells it to gym people, that would be kept under wraps pretty well. She's got lots of ideas, but unfortunately, they are coming a little late for me to be involved.

I WAS going to be getting stuff prepared for a funeral dinner on Saturday, but got a call at 9am for the church that the family decided to have it held else where since the church hall was needed again by 3pm. Good thing I didn't go out & buy everything already. The church secretary & I discussed maybe me making up some BBQ pork, cheesy potatoes, and some scalloped potatoes w/ham, and freeze them for future funeral dinners or church events. I did offer. The price of pork right now is very good...hasn't been this low in almost a year. I just won't have to hurry up and do it in the next couple of days, which is nice since this house is going to be shown again on Saturday at 11am.

Now that I don't have to do that, I may mix up my icing for those cookies & start working on some of them. We'll see. I'm STILL waiting on a call back from my cousin Karen. Left a msg a few days ago and told her to call me right back...HA!!! She's got a daughter graduating and I was going to offer to make the BBQ pork for the party since the price was so low. I told her to call me back in hours, not weeks. LOL! Guess that suggestion didn't hold much water. Will have to call her again. She's way too busy.

Have a good one all!

Comment

We had rain this morning til about 9 or 9:30. The forecast changed since early today, and we have a 50% chance of rain today, mostly late in the afternoon. I turned the heat on...the house is a bit chillier today. Good day for soup & sandwich. E will want grilled cheese. It'll be real cheesy, as he'll get my share, since I can no longer have cheese. I'll have something else with my soup. Then I'll look up non-cow cheese and yogurts. I had almon milk with my cereal. Not bad.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

That is "almond" milk. The posting button ate the d!
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I'm back... well .. so much for getting Yarn today..... the store I was headed for... has closed it doors....I called to see when they opened.. got re routed to a different Jo annes. ... .. farther away..... so skip that part of the day...... did go to two groc.. stores.spent lots of money... re stocking some can goods.. been using up was in pantry ..for the last month or so... rest of day was a lazy one. reading mostly...

Donna, if you want Karen attention ... Text Her... thats always with her. and she mostly answer text message unless she is driving .
                        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                        X