Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ March `8

Howdy!

OMG I am so mixed up. Needed to get up at 5:30 so we can leave for out-of-town dentist at 7. So I set the alarm at 4:30. Duh! That was OK because I've been up since 3:30a.
    This day is getting off to a good start.

Will get some shopping and eating in while we are in Texarkana, so that is always a plus.

Hope you all have a very good day. Hugs ~ ~ ~ ~

Ha Elaine, you sound like me - I don't need to set an alarm, but always do and always wake up at least 30 minutes before it goes off.

Not much new around here. We decided to meet a friend yesterday evening and have a green beer for St. Patrick's Day and take in the sunset. Gorgeous day.

It's payday and everyone loves me at work today.

I'm off to get more coffee and try to clear these cobwebs out of my head. Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning,,, ah,, the sun is shining.. altho it is only 20 deg.. ( going to 40s?)... the sun is so much warmer .and right around about Sat... it will be SPRING....so it is a good morning...

have my college girl for lesson at 11. so can't be tempted to go shopping ...I'm trying to get back to shopping on a Thurs. schedule... and this week I must go buy yarn... if i am to make an afghan for Emily wedding gift. got to get it started..

big puzzle half done...will put them all away after this... that is winter recreation...... and cutting into my reading time!..

Pat . Elaine...I don't need an alarm clock... I have a Kat that thinks 4am is the perfect time to get up!.. so does David... the make enough noise to wake me. and then about 6.30 they both go back for a snooze...

better get the house tidied up a bit.. want to go downstairs and run sweeper. and qive that kitchen floor a quick mopping...
      I have several big bags of papers to burn that I have discarded from files. and stuff laying around on the top of desks.. the purging is coming along .slowly. I am putting the saved stuff in new places ,, never to be found again...Pat ,I needed big Labels on the new files..right?.

see you later.
      Hi Paula
      Hi Donna.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning flying through....unsure of what this day will bring other than work....I am hoping for an extra check today...I need to get some cleaning stuff....and need to be able to do laundry.

Comment

Aunt Maye - YES! You KNOW I'm all about those labels!
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning.
            The sun isn't up yet here. But the sky isn't as dark as when I awoke at 5.
            Was surprised to find a recipe from a GD in my email. A nice recipe, chicken-rice-broccoli, one from a health site. I'll have to cut down the amounts for us.
            Today, medical appointment for us both. I also need to call my eye doctor. Either I have allergies, or something else is going on with my eyes.
            E finally got my garden hose (soaker type) set up yesterday, but we need to get the faucet timers replaced. This Is an annual problem here. Maybe after our appointments we can stop at a garden center.
            Not much else happening here. Guess I'll get my mocha now, and get more fully awake. 😳
            Have a good day!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Well, the sun isn't shining here because of the cloud cover! We have 50% chance of rain today....and it's likely to be raining once we're out going to the doctor and shopping. Ha!
              Well, we NEED the rain, so I won't complain.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good morning all!

Took down a lot of photos in frames yesterday and took them out of the frames. Just won't have to room in my new place. Photos are with all my others now in a box and the frames I shall add to my 'garage sale'. We had a show and tell yesterday and I showed 3 needlepoint pillows I had made and one framed one. A lady wanted to buy the pillows but those I will take with me.

Today a group of us will go on our bus to a Hawthorn place in Tucson and challenge them to a game of bean bag baseball and we will also have lunch with them. Jo, the place we are visiting is called Desert Springs and I 'think' it's in Oro Valley. Not sure though. Should be a long and tiring but fun day.

Have a good one all!

Comment

I'm not sure where Desert Springs is...will look it up. If it's in Oro Valley - we have driven by that area - it's close to the Catalina mountains, and looks like quite an upscale place (where the rich folk come to retire? &#128521. Enjoy your day, Nalani.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Well, ignore those numbers in that post, Nalani. I don't know how they got in there; they certainly weren't when I hit the Post button. ???? Go figure. 😮

There is a Desert Springs community in Oro Valley.
                    There is another Desert Springs here in Tucson, on Golf Links Road, only minutes away from D-M AFB. It also looks like an extremely nice retirement community. Not so far a ride to this one. Roughly about a mile or so away from our doctor's clinic.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good morning and good riddance to my garbage!
                      Maye, I have friends posting pictures of their gardens they are planting right now. However, with a water report that came out this week, there are plans to really cut back on home usage. Mone thought in Redding is to not allow people to fill their pools!
                      I have someone coming to observe daycare for a college class she is taking. They are required to visit a center, a school site preschool and a family childcare. She is coming after nap time, so I am changing my schedule a bit to have the kids engaged in
                      Some of the learning activities we usually do in the morning.
                      I didn't have corned beef yesterday and when I went to the store after daycare they were out of it! I might make it for the weekend.
                      Have a good day shopping and eating out, Elaine. Maye, I am almost finished with my book and will be looking for more...
                      It is going to be a beautiful day today. Hope yours is as well, Everyone!

Comment

Jo, they announced at breakfast that it is in Oro Valley.

Comment

Then it's probably worth the slightly longer drive. Have fun, Nalani..
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good Morning! Yes, the sun is shining though it's cold out there. Yesterday was in the 30's but today it's suppose to start creeping back up again.

Yesterday was better. Talked to my PA realtor for an hour. We vented to each other. I was crying and she was getting feisty..what a combo...LOL!. !! We both felt better in the end. Was going to skip going to the gym, but decided at the last moment to go...glad I did. Had a very nice God talk with the owner & the one other lady there. Put a smile on my face. Went grocery shopping after that...good therapy for me. Had forgot my cell phone, so I was out of communication. Got lots of good deals yesterday at Krogers. There were good sale items ($1 off) plus I used the electronic coupons with those times. Saves almost 50%!

This morning kind of flew by. Several phone calls...some long. Set up a date with Boffler/Sharon for next week. I'm going there all by myself to visit her. As soon as I hung up from her the phone rang again & it was the church. Need to do a funeral dinner this weekend...maybe. The body has to be transported from KY and the funeral home won't make arrangements until he arrives. Sad for the family. Anyways, I'm going to make something that can be frozen if need be. Took Blaise to school, went to the gym, and now trying to find energy to start baking off the sugar cookie dough.

​Have a good one all!

Comment

Hi Rounders. I had some bad computer viruses and that's why I have not posted. I am almost afraid to get online anymore. It cost us $125 for the computer guy to remove the viruses. I've missed my morning Rounder fix.
                              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
                              X