Monday ~ March 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ March 9

Good Morning. Burial today in Austin at State Cemetery. All of the men in the family are traveling from here, and they just left in a long caravan. It is raining cats, dogs, and a few other critters.
    Women are staying at home worrying about them..

Hope all is well. Have a very good day.

Much love to you Elaine. Just hang on to each other, it will all work out, even though today is so sad for you all.

Not much occurring here, work, grey skies, then home again!

After breaking my wrist back in September, the hospital finally discharged me fully yesterday. They said that I had made a very good recovery, better than they had hoped, as it had been such a bad break. Just got to keep up with the exercises, to avoid complications later. I am glad not to have to go back there any more!

Comment

Good Morning.

same sad thoughts for you and John, Elaine... would you please post later that they got back home safely?.

Hi Lisa...and you better listen to those medical advisors....( says the Nagger) those broken bones places do come back to haunt you.in your "latter" years.. I have a left footthat had broken bone and now is the one that aches!..

Gddau. Shawna , our resident beautician , gave me perm yesterday.. I'm am all kinky curly this morning . but will re-do with curling iron .will be nice to have some fluffy hair back... straight gray hair.made me look 110

better get to that second cup of coffee .. going to be warmer, today
      but very dark , over cast yet.
      Last edited by Mayebarnes; 03-09-2015, 01:32 PM.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Morning all

Sick kid here this morning. Coughing, runny nose, etc. etc. Guess there will be a visit to the Dr. later this afternoon.

Y'all have a good 'un.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Up and dressed very early to haul the kid to school. Since she doesn't have the car today that means I have to pick her up for lunch too. Read on facebook that the bike trail is clear so I need to start walking mornings. I will walk if the temps are in the 30s mornings but not any colder AND I really need to get out and start walking. Going to call for a haircut and run out for milk. Big plans for the day.....

Comment

Good morning...work today...waiting for a call from my parents after work anxious to here what my dad's doctor has to say about the blood pressure issues he is having...He is having no other symptoms. I need to run an errand or 2 after work as well.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
              Yesterday I watered all the trees, and noted the things needing to get done. Need to drag E outside to set up the soaker hose in the garden plot, as soon as I get the dandelions pulled out. Pest & Weed Control guy comes out today. How come weeds grow in coliche but plants you want do not? Of my 3 cherry bushes, one is large and in bloom, but the other 2 are kind of "iffy" as is my little lilac bush. my stunted apple tree looks healthy, with some blooms and apple buds. Need to find my holographic ribbon to scare the birds off of it when the frut ripens. Or a mylar balloon!

Today E wants to see the movie we didn't go to yesterday....but today is senior day discount. Afterwards well get a bit of something for supper, then off to the university campus for the last lecture of the series.
              Tomorrow, it's back to the yardwork.

Elaine, my thoughts are with you all today. Hope the rain lets up.
              Lisa, it's nice to see you today. Take good care of that wrist!!!
              Pat, hope Erin doesn't have a bad case of whatever she caught. My youngest always asked for injections rather than prescriptions, because it simply worked faster and she wouldn't worry about forgetting to take meds.
              Hi Maye, Maxie, Beth, and all to follow (or whoever was typing with me).

Have a good day.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Would you believe it's actually suppose to be in the 40's & 50's this week? I guess that 6-8 inches of snow out there will finally melt.

Yesterday was nice. Dropped Blaise off at Kathy's after church. Becca relaxed all day and I puttered around slowly but surely. Cooked one of her favorite meals...chicken squares. Corky's interview went very well. It lasted 2 hrs. We'll know by Friday if not before they said. Our Realtor called around 5pm and another realtor wants to show the house at 5pm today. Good thing I was picking up yesterday, so there won't be as much work today. I'm not going to get my hopes up again though...that's a bad attitude, it's it?

Today will be busy once I get my rear in gear. I've got some cooking to do for Recipe Club that's tomorrow. The theme is Crock Pot cooking. I'm making BBQ pork for sandwiches, and there is not enough time to do it tomorrow before the meeting, so I have to do it today. Will also get the potatoes ready for the potato salad I'm making to go with the sandwiches...not in a crock pot. It was a special request. It'll all make the house smell good. I've also got a 1pm doctor's appointment for my semi-annual check up. I've got lots of questions for him. He's a sweet heart and will take the time to talk to me.

(((John & Elaine))) Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning all!

Have a semi busy day today. Must pick up two spreads I had washed plus two sweaters and also have to have my hearing aids checked. Everything seems to be working fine with them so don't think any adjustments need to be made. Yesterday did not do much.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning. We are just seeing dawn's breaking light! I have the first child who arrives color our calendar with a dark crayon until the sun is back where it was before the time change. Signs of Spring...the sounds of Soring are the coughing and sneezing of allergies!
                    Elaine, I will be thinkng of you all.
                    I hope Erin gets over her stuff, too, Pat. The lingering cough, cold iciness of Spring can just wear you out.
                    Take care, everyone!

Comment

Good morning, all. Waiting for Mike to call to see if I'm going to lunch today. Then have breakfast and hit the shower. Hope I feel up to the walk down to the
                      Community Center for lunch. It's baked fish today and last time it was really delicious. If I don't walk, someone will give me a ride but I rally need the walk.
                      Yes, Paula. I'm already sneezing this morning.

My thought are with you, Elaine.

Time for breakfast. Everyone have a great day.

Comment

Working...
                      X