March 05, Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 05, Thursday

LOL Maye! No worries mate! It will be 84º here today and we have already had to turn our ceiling fans on and the A/C in the car. Hot!

We went out to lunch yesterday and I ordered the Eggplant Parm hot sub. Bad mistake. I won't be going back to that restaurant. It didn't make me sick, it was just tasteless and like every bit of the moisture had been squeezed out of it. How can you mess up Eggplant? You put it in a skillet with olive oil/canola oil and fry it up and then put it on the GF grill to grill it. It's so easy, but that sandwich was awful.

My California Poppies are in full bloom and they are so amazing. Last year I only had one plant to sprout from the pack of Wildflower seeds and I saved the seed and sowed it again this past fall and they are now starting to bloom. I also have a Purple Coneflower that sprouted that didn't even sprout last year. Ain't life sweet?

That is it for me.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning.

Well it is 28 here and we are snow covered again. Schools closed. LOVED these days when I worked, and still love them. How weird is that. Don't have anything to do with school anymore.

Finally talked to my niece yesterday morning. Arrangements have been made, and so we all come together on Saturday for the viewing. Funeral will be here Sunday, but burial will take place in Austin at the State Cemetery on Monday. John has already had 3 nephews call to ask to drive him there. How do you choose which offer to take? Bit sticky.

Going to stoke the fire and look at the snow.

Donna, which house sold? I'm guessing NOT the one you live in.

Hope all is well. Hugs to Everyone. .

Comment

Good morning.
      It's 40° out there this morning, and should be 70° later today. The temps are on a slow climb now.
      I need to think of getting out and doing some yard work.
      Some inside chores need getting done today. I need to look up my lower back exercises, as that is starting to bother me again.

Yesterday's Pot O' Beans turned out really good. We had some for dinner along with some leftovers.
      I need to get my daughter's recipe for Chickpea Snacks....they're crispy, crunchy, tasty, and healthy.
      Not much interesting going on here.

Elaine, how will you choose which nephew to drive you? I'd say first call would be the one. Or a different one each day????? How wonderful to have a family so close and caring.

Karlinann, the poppies sound lovely. I'm lucky to get any flowers to grow. But they're part of the state's wildflowers. It's just that our soil is hard clay. There's one yard in our neighborhood that's full of blooms, though, and I'd really hate to see their water bill!

To all, I wish you a great day! Keep smiling. 😃
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! It looks like we might get some sun today. Yesterday was dreary & cold all day.

I think I told you all the other day that I was ticked & told my realtor that if the buyer can't come back with a serious offer, I didn't want to hear from the again. Well he come back with a very serious offer Tuesday evening and we counter offered yesterday morning & late yesterday afternoon he accepted it. YEA!!!! Praise God!!!!!! So this morning we are all signing the contract. Then it's a wait & see game. The house has to go through 2 inspections and a bank evaluation, THEN if all goes well it will be sold. I don't foresee any problems. YES, Elaine, it's this house that got sold. No, I have no idea where we are going to live. Corky has interviewed for 2 different jobs...I'm praying for the one in PA and he wants the one in Dayton, OH. If neither of those two come through, then we are moving back Home, but will probably have to live somewhere temporarily until we find a place to RENT. My Mom didn't offer that when I called her last night. One thing at a time. Kathy wasn't happy, & Becca was happy until she realized we might not be moving back Home. Yes, Blaise is coming with us. Now we need to continue praying that the Bradford house sells soon too, because we'll be back in the same boat with having to pay bills for two households.

Yesterday I got an order for a German Choc Pie, so I baked that before we left for school. After exercising I dropped it off at the church for the gal that order it. We had a nice chat. I then headed to town to pick up supplies for the lunch I'm catering at the church on Saturday. While at Krogers I called my neighbor Amy because they had a lot of red & yellow peppers 3/$.99 in the reduced rack & I know she likes them. So once we got home & settled, Blaise & I went over there to deliver them and had a nice chat & cup of tea. Funny thing, when I called our realtor to see if she heard anything yet, she said she HAD called & left a msg with the other realtor because she had another realtor that wanted to show our house today. That got them moving & making a decision fast.

Not sure what today will bring. Think I cook off the chicken I need to make the chicken salad tomorrow & make the pie dough & fruit fillings for the pies I plan to bake tomorrow. This is all for Saturday's lunch. May think about getting some banana boxes from the local grocery store & maybe pack a box or two. Though I've got a lot of the unnecessary stuff already packed & in the garage. The realtor will be coming at some point for us to sign.

Becca's coming home tomorrow afternoon for Spring Break for a week. Glad she's not one that wants to go somewhere else. I miss my girl.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning all!

Donna, so glad you have a good offer. I hated those inspections and we had one that went through our house with a fine tooth comb and found all sorts of things wrong. All minor stuff and the buyer waived most of them and a friend fixed the rest in about an hour. Had to have the septic inspected too but that went off well because the company we did business with for years did the inspecting and they knew it. I''m sure your inspection will go well too.

My plans for today is to get my hair cut and then make a donation of 4 big boxes of my stuff to Good Will.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Elaine, I agree with Jo. Can they all work out a pick up, take home and the next day schedule? I read the obituary notice you posted. Hope you will post any more that are published. I bet he had a very interesting career. And to rise all the way to the top! Such an honor. My thoughts are with his wife and the rest of your family.
            Karlinann, I would love to grow some coneflowers. And some yellow Four O'Clocks. My fushia ones are all I have.
            I finally got all the numbers I needed for my taxes. I printed them out this morning and will take them up after daycare today, since I am going to Sacramento with friends on Saturday when I had my appointment scheduled. As long as all the information is there it doesn't matter how I give it in. I was told I could mail it, but I don't want to mail my W-2 and those important forms from the state...
            Anyway, just a regular Thursday here...I hope. One little girl was coughing and sneezing so badly yesterday, I used up all the box of Kleenex, and told her mom she has to have some medication. I think it is more of a cold than allergies. she is just miserable and if she is the same today I am going to say she has to stay home tomorrow.
            Knock on wood, I have stayed pretty well as have the rest of the kids. She was gone for three weeks and doesn't have the best support at home.
            WE are into our Spring, no rain, but our temps are up into the 70* zone. My lawn guy told me it is time to start watering!
            Hope you all have a good day, and stay healthy!

Comment

Good morning ...

a little more snow couple of inches . with ice here and there. on driveway... but should have a clear evening.... this is the week of the high school musical. and after all those hours of work. would be a shame to have weather problems... my tickets are for tomorrow evening ...taking Donnas Mom,(my Sis) with me. will likely see some of my former and present piano student and parents...one is playing the keyboard in pit orchestra..

:::::::::::::::::::::::happy dancing,, with Donna::::::::::::::::::::::::::: BUT . Im still praying it gets to be a done Deal.. quickly..
              and that the other place gets a serious buyer too... ( noGod, one house is not enough...we want it ALL including the job for Cork..)

Karlin , thank you for being gracious at my boo-boo .and can I come visit you for a few days... 84 degrees.... ah wonderful sound..

Elaine. continued sympathies for the Thomas family...going to be a long weekend.. I bet there will be a few remembered smiley moments about Dudley too.
              Hi Paula and all you dear family members..
              I better do some genuine cleaning today... ( or not ).. no lessons today..I am free to read and computer and play scrabble ... Sister Dee is swapping puzzles with me tomorrow evening .. sp might get back to puzzles. if it keeps snowing ..ha.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, all. frosty this AM again. Everything else thinks it's Spring. daffodils and Narcissus, Forsythia, Flowering Quince, and a beautiful Camellia along with Joy's little peach tree in a pot has 9 blossoms on it.

Made Key Lime cupcakes yesterday to take to Book Club this afternoon. This month we all read a book by a local woman, No Unturned Stone, that tells the story of her missing son and there finally finding a few bones.
                Most of the time we read whatever we want and discuss those books.

Laudry this morning, if I can get machines before the caregivers come. Otherwise this afternoon if no one has been using scented products. I get the sneezes just walking near the Laundry room. Head ache, too.

Elaine your nephew sounds like a very worthwhile person. That's probably not the word but I can't think of a better one right now.

Don't know why I get a message every day of an improper server response when I'm almost done writing.

Comment

Corky just got called for a face-to-face interview on Sunday at the Dayton, OH golf course. They said they weren't going to call anyone until Friday, so this is looking kind of positive. I'm just not thrilled being 5 hrs away from my family again, but a happy husband is much better than a miserable one.

Comment

The guy just backed out of the sale of the house. I'm ready to cry.

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((DONNA))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))
                      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                      X