Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, March 3

Good Morning, Everyone.

Hate to start this post with bad news, but our family has been dealt a devastating blow.
    Our niece and nephew were on a ship in the Galveston bay awaiting their cruise to begin. The ship was scheduled to depart on Saturday but had to stay overnight in port because of fog.

Early Sunday morning Dudley arose to check on the weather and was felled by a massive stroke. Thank goodness they were traveling with another couple, so Brenda was not alone. Dudley was rushed to a hospital in Houston, and within hours we were told that "there is no prognosis for recovery.

As of midnight his immediate family had not made the decision to remove the ventilator, but I know this morning we will be notified that he is gone..

At one time Dudley was head of the DPS in Texas, and because of his rank, a group of 12 Texas Rangers stand watch. So the hospital was full of Thomases and Rangers.

I am dreading what today will bring but realize we must face it.

Think of us today. I love my Rounder family.

Oh Elaine, I'm so sorry to hear about Dudley. Big hugs to you and John.

No news here. Just work and school for us. Sometimes I think the new rut is such a great place to be.

Looking forward to the time change this weekend - it signals that Spring is *almost* here!

Aunt Maye - meant to ask you - where in Florida is Karen's family? Hope the weather is nice wherever they are.

Off to the shower and onward. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

good Morning

very gray ,overcast.. predicting snow, ice, rain .and they get paid to do this precise predicting. ....

OH Elaine.. how sad .John's family are all so close in feelings for each other ... Does Brenda and Dudley live in your "neighborhood".. .will be thinking of you all day...

Pat. they are going to visit Disney, so are staying some where in that vicinity.. will travel about 30 min. to see Bills Uncle/Aunt. and Wed. they will drive over an hour to visit a former pastor/ & admin. of the kids School.. they are just enjoying the time away from Job, school. appointments. rush rush stuff..

today. should have lady and only 2 kids now for lesson. IF the roads don't turn into an icy mess. Sure wish David could cook.. i'm getting tired of thinking of meals for two. Pat, I like my "rut" too.. books to read. phone to call folks on. and a warm cozy spot to set on ..

see you all later..

Hi Paula and Donna
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning.
        We did get rain yesterday. But rather than early afternoon, it arrived in early evening as we started to head to the university campus. Then it started falling in buckets-full! But then eased up to a light drizzle as we arrived in the campus area. Mother Nature is totally nuts! Ellis said 2-1/2" was in the rain gauge in our yard, but some of that may have been from the last rain a few days ago. I haven't kept track.
        We should also have some rain overnight tonight, as the forecast now reads.
        It's 46 degrees here right now, going only to 64° today. The temps will be slowly climbing toward the 70's
        for a few days, and hit 80° this weekend..

Maye, Disney is in the vicinity of Orlando, and right now it's suppossed to be somewhat foggy there and the temps and rainfall match ours, according to The Weather Channel.
        Maye, if I dont feel like cooking, E is satisfied with soup & sandwich (PB&J, even).

(((((((Elaine))))))), I'm so sorry to hear about your niece & nephew's current situation. That must be a big shock to all the family. You're all in my thoughts today.

Not much going on here today. Dusting and sweeping are in order.

Oh, I think I have some serious allergies to pets, dogs in particular. In November last year, visiting SD in NM, she has 2 very large dogs, and my eyes were discharging quite a bit. This past weekend, visiting with DD Saturday, she has 3 dogs (2 are big), then 2 of her daughter's brought their dogs (1 small, 1 large lab) --- all too friendly. My eyes began discharging gunk before we left, and I removed about a handful of dog hair from my jeans before I left. Then afterwards we met up with another DD for supper, but her Labrador (she has 2 dogs) had to come poking just "knowing everyone likes to pet it". Those clothes had to go into the laundry immediately that night, and my eyes were draining like crazy. It seems to take a couple of days (and showers) to get rid of the allergens. This is new to me, and began with my med changes. Have to talk about that with my doc. I love pets, but can't be around them any more. All of our kids have these pets. And because those pets are welcome on the furniture and everyplace in their homes, next time we visit the kids, we'll pick a hotel with a large enough room, and the kids can come visit with us......maybe the hotel with a pool, so grands & great-grands can play there!

Have a good day, everyone.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...***hugs**** for Elaine sorry for your loss...

I didn't sleep well last night..hoping to possibly catch a nap on the bus this morning...I have to be on for almost an hour this morning....I will get on the same as those going to work...will ride to drop them off then get back on and the driver will take me to physical therapy for my knee.

Not sure what my evening plans are...I have several things that need to be done but bingo may win out....just not sure.

Comment

Looks like the ice was a no show for us. Good deal! I have an order to pick up at Penney's and am in need of groceries. Appears I am always in need of groceries so goes to show I AM eating my way through winter. Nothing new.

Comment

Good morning all!

Elaine, so sorry for what is happening to Dudley and his wife and all of your family. My heart and prayers go out to you and I will be thinking of you all day.

Went to a very long funeral yesterday and would of been even longer if I had gone to the graveside ceremony too (4 hours in all). Way to long for this old lady.

We had a rainy night and possibly more tonight. A good bet there is lots of snow in the mountains. Will check that out at breakfast.

I had a bunch of stuff (mostly kitchenie things I had brought here thinking I would do a lot of cooking. Not. So put them all on the guest room bed to take to good will. Sylvia who cleans my apartment on Mondays came and I told her to take what she wanted and she did thank goodness. Now not so much for me to take to Good Will.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Oh, Elaine, I am so sorry to read about your niece and nephew. You and the whole family will be in my prayers today with thoughts of comfort to all of you. Just know so many of us will be keeping you close to our heart.
                Pat, thanks for the positive thought about the time change. Once I started thinking about being able to drive easier after daycare with more light I felt much better. There has been an increase in accidents these past few years on I-5, which is the road to Redding and Costco, etc. and I really don't like to drive it at night...
                Pancake day so that is what I am making for the kids this morning.
                Take care and hang in there. Hugs for John and Elaine.

Comment

Good morning, all. Frosty this morning but the rain is gone for at least a week. I never thought I would want rain so badly.

Elaine, I'm so sorry to read about your niece and nephew. Very tragic to start out for a good vacation and have this happen.

JoG, I know what you're going through. I have an allergy, or probably several, that I don't know what brings them on but they are there all the time. It does seem to depend on the weather. When it rains it is better but once it dries out it starts again. Right now my eyes are itching so will go put some drops in them.
                  Trying to stay off the Benadryl as it does slow me down.

Laundry this AM and grocery and Walmart this afternoon.

Everyone be well.

Comment

Good Morning. It's dreary with the prediction of snow & freezing rain. Yesterday was sunny.

Blaisey was home from school yesterday. Love that Corky's home to watch him while I run all the errands. I did go get my taxes done but they can't be filed until The Market Place idiots issue some more paperwork & corrected forms. This screws up a lot of things for a lot of people. Next week we need to file Becca's FASFA (scholarship request) and need our tax info...figures...government screwing that up. Went to Meijers to pick up their sale items. Came home & got a call from the church secretary asking me if they could hire me to cater something on Saturday. If I had known, I'd have done the shopping for that yesterday...oh well...have to go grocery shopping again...dang! LOL!!!!

Doesn't look like we have a buyer for this house. I was so ticked I could have spit nails. The guy initially offered a very low low offer and knew it was too low...fine...feeling out the water...he comes back with another offer for a couple thousand more...how did he think that would be received? Idiot! We are willing to take some of a loss, but not give the place away. I guess he was "doing his homework" and saw how much it was sold for when it was repossess by the bank & the owner paid for it from the bank. The website failed to post what we bought it for which was considerably more, but that was after it was updated & repaired. Our realtor had the website checked & called a title company to investigate it.

(((((Elaine))))) So sorry for your heartache. Love you too!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Condolences to your family Elaine. I'm glad someone was with her.

It has been in the mid 80's here for several days now and we are about to go swimming if it gets any hotter.

I got hired for the job I wanted. I will be a Sitter and I should start work next week. I'm so thankful.
                      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

It would have been answered prayer for your house to be sold Donna,,,, but agree, sold, does not mean Give-away.... we had a couple of those offers when we were selling the "homestead".. The Right people will show up!!!..
                        Jo G.. I like P & J sandwiches.....and so do D.... we eat main meal at noon... today was frozen pizza.. I keep trying the various kinds... and evening is often Raisen bran cereal and me nagging D to eat his fruit for the day.. .. but making the full fledge dinner . using every pot , is work!.. the clean up is 1/2 hr long too.

see you in the morning .
                        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                        X