MARCH 01, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARCH 01, 2015

Yesterday was just gloomy and dreary until the end of the day. No, I did not drag out the sewing machine, but read a book instead. I'll post in the library section about that book.

Today will be much nicer with temps in the 70's and hopefully sunshine. Yeah baby!

Meatloaf and smashed taters for dinner.

I have volunteered my typing skills for our community newsletter if they need me. Some of the articles submitted are handwritten and they need to be sent via email in order to get the news out in a timely manner.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning. Talk about dreary. We have dreary. Snow melted and rain started. At least everything is very clean out there.

Church and home. Made red velvet whoopie pies. The verdict is still out. I'll see how they go over at church.

Stay warm. Stay safe, and have a good day.

Comment

Good morning.
      Yesterday was cloudy and dreary here, too. Got a little bit of falling moisture.....not enough to saturate the ground though.
      Had very nice visits with 3 daughters this weekend. Won't be able to have breakfast with our friend, as she just returned from a week in Hawaii, and brought home a bad cold. She sounded terrible on the phone.
      Today we head home, rest a bit, then meet up with our nephew & his wife for the Gaslight theater.
      All the driving is tiring, and my lower back is giving me fits from all the sitting. We will probably have to stop halfway back to stretch our legs. I'm just really ready to be home, though.

This hotel is so much trouble logging into their WiFi, and it seems only odd hours it's useful. Had to use my phone hotspot for 2 days. This morning I got in on their WiFi the second try. But I guess as people start waking up, I may get dropped when they log in.
      Guess I'll go check my emails now and hope I don't get bumped again.

Have a good day, everyone.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning

the old saying ... March..come in like a lion, go out for like a lamb..... I see we are headed for a flock of lambs!... cold all last week and now its snowing!...we already have 3" and headed for more .....aggggggg ..Daug. Karen, and family are getting into car as I write .for the drive to airport.. and hope their flight can get off. headed for Fla... Granddaug.Shawna drove (alone) 4 hours toward D.C.. to visit a close cousin. and has same drive back .. sure hope the roads don't get bad for her...

Ordinarily we go out for lunch on Sundays... however.. looks like a stay in day OR wait and go for late afternoon meal.. will watch the snow fall gently from the sky.and make our decision from ow ...............in the meantime... our visiting Dog arrived last evening .. and Dog and Kat are not friends.. not dogs fault.. she is used to cats.. but K.D. is having no part of Dog. so dog slept on bedroom floor.. Kat slept in her downstairs comfy spot on couch..

JoG. you will be so glad to get back home... trips are fun , but work.
        Elaine,, be sure to report back on the whoopie pie comments.
        Hi Karlinann ..headed to Library to see what you reading ..... I have 3 books on nook reader and rI'm r eading two of them alternately ... which makes no sense ...should finish one. but both make me uncomfortable.. one has a lady with a disease and she is contemplating suicide.. the other has a stalker/murderer who is planning on killing the police lady's daughter.. ..good writers.. well organized writing .but the subjects make me nervous... so I switch back and forth between the books..

so Hi to you all.. hope you have a great day in spite of the weather..
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning...I will not be going any place at all today....so far we have 7 inches of snow and its still coming down....I had thought I would venture to the store on foot this morning but quickly changed my mind...I have my bum knee to think about...I have plenty of food to keep me full until atleast Tuesday.

Comment

Morning all

We are headed over toward Pensacola today to Chris's Grandmother's birthday celebration. His entire clan will be there and there will be a huge seafood feast. I made the Key Lime Pound cake to take.

Paula - I have searched high and low for the Key Lime Cake Mix here, but no such luck. Wah! I really wanted to make that Key Lime Poke Cake!

So I'm off to make some sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast and then hit the shower before hitting the road. Y'all have a good 'un!
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning all!

I think we are headed for a dreary day too. Have not looked outside yet but that's when the WW say.

Have been busy downsizing some more and hope to do more this afternoon. I am taking my time in doing so as I do tire easily.

Hope all of you in the horrible snowy weather are careful out there and stay warm.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good Morning! Tons of sunshine yesterday, but cloudy & snowing here. We've already got 4"-5" already and suppose to get a couple more before this all ends....whooopeee!

Yesterday I worked on organizing all the paperwork & receipts for my tax appointment tomorrow. Still have more to go today...I HATE doing this. Made our counter offer on this house. Now it's another wait & see time. Kathy came around 3pm, which was an hour early. She was exhausted so she laid down to take an hour nap...ha!...it ended up being a 2hr + nap and stayed for dinner. Had a nice dinner together. She then left with Blaise. We had a nice peaceful evening of TV & popcorn.

This morning is church. Will come home & work more on the tax stuff. Leftovers for supper. Not sure when Blaise will be coming home.

Yesterday right after Kathy arrived Blaise & I took our showers. We were playing, singing, and having lots of laughs. Kathy ask Corky WHAT we were doing up there. Corky ask her if she didn't remember doing the same thing with me when they were little...obviously not. Obviously she wouldn't make bath time fun either...dang! Thought I taught her better!!! LOL!

Have a good one all!

Comment

I think it has stopped snowing but doesn't really matter. I am not leaving the house..at least until the drive is plowed. Someone on face book said we have 6.5 inches of new snow but the good news is it is warmer. Yesterday we hung another bedroom door. This one was trickier but we got it up and level. I, too, am looking forward to trying the key lime poke cake. My local grocery store doesn't carry the key lime cake mix but maybe a bigger chain will. Nothing new from here.

Comment

A good morning to all rounders who have been here and those yet to come.....I have been up since the wee hours of the morning.. Mike and Leisa stayed over last night.....we are meeting Matt and Shirley at our favorite restaurant that have started opening on Sundays for a brunch starting at 10 am....until 2 pm. Marianne and I have been there several times.....today we will be joined by both my sons and their wives.

My new Stainless Steel Refrigerator was delivered yesterday.....and to say I love it is an understatement. Marianne put all the food items in it...and everything fits great....love the bottom freezer. We have to get the icecube tray set up....Mike is going to take care of that before he leaves for home. We got the single top door...and bottom freezer. Will consider a stainless steel dishwasher...but it can wait...it is on the side of the kitchen where everything is white...so it doesn't look wrong. Worst thing is I always had my small bulletin board on the old fridge....won't put it on this new one. Will have to find a spot for it.

We are already covered with fresh snow....not sure how much is supposed to fall. Never watched the weather this.....Mike and Leisa like to sleep in the big family room....and have the TV on all night and it is on when I wake up. They watch show I am not into.

Hope all rounders are in for a good day....

Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

March is coming in like a lamb here. We wanted a Lin, but...at least, if it isn't raining, it is nice and sunny.
                      I bought the cake mix at Wal Mart.
                      Becky is making banana bread and muffins. My eyes are tired from looking at bank statements and adding up totals of groceries and supplies used for daycare.
                      Take care!

Comment

Hi Paula.... you all are making me hungry for that key lime cake.... ha...

we did not get out to have lunch out... snow snow snow... stop a bit and then start up... the outer 2 ft of the deck has a nice 8-10 inches of snow... which turned out to be a salvation..... we are keeping Dog... for the week... The deck is enclosed ,with a gate at the steps.. and Shelby is way to big to go thru between post....I just let her out on porch to get some fresh air.. she headed for the snow bank and did her bathroom needs!!!!!. whoopee. no waiting and walking her in driveway.. so let it snow let it snow.....

got my tax paper work all done earlier .no owe ,no refund ..haven't had for over 20 years.... but still have to mail forms .to the state .. waste of paper and postage.

better go check game forum..
                        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                        X