Friday, FEB27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, FEB27

Hey everybody it's Friday. This month flew by and I am ok with that because most of our bad weather is in Feb.

Nothing new here, just job hunting and trying to remain positive.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning, everyone.
    Where does the time go? We will be visiting the kids, the next couple of days.
    Today should be clear and sunny, but the next few days should be cooler and rainy and lower temps again. I need to double check the temps so I know what to take with us. As of yesterday, the forecast showed that this weekend Phoenix will be cooler than Tucson, which is a rare thing.

Anyway, if I'm not around when I should be, it simply means I'm not near a WiFi connection, and will have to catch up later.

Karlinann, good luck on the job hunting.

Beth, how were those brownies and lemon bars? I bet everyone loved them!

To all, have a great day today.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning..
      Today is going to be so sad and long...today is the day we say good bye to my friend...I know the good bye is only for a period of time that one day we will be reunited...

JoGee I am not sure how the brownies are....the batter tasted good last night as I licked the bowl...The dinner is today...I ended up not making lemon bars for the dinner today...My knee was hurting too much...I am not sure if I mentioned it or not but I slipped on the ice Wednesday evening I didn't fall just slipped enough that I turned my knee a little bit.

I think that I am going to lay down for a bit...

Comment

Good morning all!

Sorry about your knee, Bethina, twisting a knee can be just as bad as a fall. An ice pack on it would help with the pain and keeping it raised if you can.

As Jo mentioned a big storm coming our way. Not looking forward to that as it keeps me indoors and if I have to go anywhere it makes it miserable.

Patty will leave Tucson in about 1/2 hour for Maui. She left SV yesterday afternoon and stayed at an airport hotel. She has a long day ahead of her and then has a big legal, drive way and a "land grabber neighbor to deal with. She spent a lot of time on the phone and computer here trying to deal with it that way, but can do better when she gets there.

I will get back to my sorting, donating, and pitching. Still have so much to do.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning, all. I slept until 6:30 and for me that's sleeping in. Lily is next to me begging for treats and I'm having my first cup of tea.
          It's cloudy and I think we are actually going to get rain later today and it's predicted to last for the next three days followed by a snow day. We'll see if we actually get snow here. Realtors often describe this area as being "above the fog and below the snow.

Have no idea what I will do today except bathe a dirty little dog. How an indoor dog can get so dirty is beyond me. I do have to think of something for dinner. I had made Hot and Sour soup and pot stickers when Kait was here and I had that again last night.

I hope you all have a fine Friday.

Comment

Good Morning and the sun is shining ..only 4 deg outside but the sun will make a difference.. going to be a cold day....

Sister and I are going to the local school musical (Anything Goes).. this evening.. the even temperature is to be way below zero.. but....wear enough clothes,,, already have the tickets. One of my students is playing the keyboard in the pit orchestra .. only a 10th grader .but we have worked hard preparing ..will give her so much self-confidence...

we will have to make a trip to the bank, library, groc store . and Dollar store... all in same little town 5 miles away.. I am sitting her trying to convince myself to go on to Joanne's Fabric and buy the yarn I need for an afghan I am going to make for niece wedding (inAug.).. will depend on time and cold .. ummm maybe order it on line?. nah..that's no fun..

Bethina, lots of good advice from the ladies.. (((((((((hugs)))))))))
            and hello to you all...

and Paula and Donna..

see you later.
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! The calm before the storm. We are suppose to have measurable snow on Sunday.

Yesterday was peaceful. Didn't do a whole lot. It's nice when your whole house is clean. I did have a nice visit with my friend Crystal. Fed her some of the soup I had just made & sent her home with some for their dinner.

I'm on pins & needles this morning. My stomach is flipping. Our Realtor called & the young man got his pre-approval updated & will be making an offer on this house. I'm praying that it's a respectful offer. In the meantime I think I'll take Blaise to the Library before going to school because Kathy wants him after school for a couple of hours. After dropping him off at school & going to the gym, I'm going to head to Kroger's for a few items. I sure hope we have reason to celebrate this evening. Believe me, if it's good news, I'll post on here immediately!!!! Not to be greedy, but it would be wonderful if we got an offer on the other house too today. Prayers much appreciated. Not that this is cancer or something disastrous, but the stress is really doing a number on me physically & emotionally.

((((Rounders)))) Thanks for listening and have a WONDERFUL day!,

Comment

Temps below zero again this morning so I didn't even bother to get out of bed until now. My heating bill is going to be astronomical! Found a recipe called lazy lasagna so may but it together for Sierra's lunch. Weather it is good or not it will be hot. When you wear so many clothes every day there is always a load of laundry to wash. Never did run the vacuum this week so there is always something to do...I just can't muster up the energy to do it. Next week is March, then April, May and vacation month June! I dream but why not with today's temp...-6 with a high of 12 today.

Comment

Maxi, you sure do have Alaskan weather there.
                  If it gets to 30°, they call it "nice"....actually, after a week there, it does seem nice. And that's when the college girls don their bikinis and have their picture taken around town, in the snow. (The pictures don't reflect that their long, warm coats that are nearby! )

Last week we met a couple from Cincinati who packed up and moved out here. They kept talking about how they don't need the blizzards, at this point in their life.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

11:00, sun is shining bright and temp is 9*. Probably not Alaskan weather but pretty darn cold for mid Illinois...

Comment

I am late and still dealing with not being able to see what I am typing.
                      Donna, you are Not greedy by any standard! My out are a lesson in Patience for me. In a number of categories, not the least of which is waiting on two (!) houses to sell!
                      HGTV could make a series on your realtor journey!
                      I just made brownies for thie kids. The house smells so chicolate-y.
                      We are to have snow down to 3500 feet which would be so good. Our big lake, Shasta, is up some, but needs more. Our ski park opened for one weekend this season
                      Enjoy your weekend and hugs to Bethina and anyone under the weather.

Comment

Omg! Losing my mind. Stuck this thread around 4 am and thought I checked in. Been running errands all morning, but home to hibernate.

Bought a cookie scoop to make red velvet whoopie pies.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

Crap, crap, crap......extremely bad offer. I just want to cry. Will counter offer tomorrow, but not very optimistic. His realtor said he knows it's low, but is expecting a counter offer. Some family member advised his to offer this. This isn't the crap part of town. This is a nice neighborhood and the homes are worth more than he offered. Why? why? why???

Comment

Because he got worthless advice from someone who wants him to beat you out of a deal.
                            So counter above what is your final number and tell your realtor to tell his realtor to get real! Young kids just think it all is a game anyway, and some relative thinks his advice is worth something. The realtor should not have let him get away with that, but they expect a counter and just give it to them.
                            I would think the realtors would be interested in getting a commission....

Comment

Working...
                            X