Tuesday, FEB24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, FEB24

My muscles and joints have never been so sore from gardening. Yesterday I spent 3 solid hours working on burying the landscaping material around my two gardens and I finished it. It looks amazing! I just happened to be looking at the www.bhg.com site and they showed a garden with the landscape material buried down in the soil and I knew that's what I needed to do with mine. Since I've never bought the LS material I really didn't know what to do with it, but I did realize it looked just so unfinished sitting above ground. It's the kind with a rounded edge on top and it's made of heavy black plastic. So it really looks good now and I don't have to worry about the grass growing and spreading into the garden beds.

Yes, I was totally exhausted last evening and that is why I made a frozen Lasagna and threw together a garden Salad to go with. It was yummy.

Today I will rest and give my poor muscles a chance to heal. I finished "The Forgotten Garden" yesterday morning and I'll be looking for more books by Kate Morton. That woman can write!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning.

We sure can't dig around here. Frozen ground. (Not that I would be digging anyway.)

Frozen streets will keep me home from a dental appointment this morning. Not that I mind.

Made chicken spaghetti yesterday, and I did feel some comfort. Also made John a pot of stew. Cake never happened. Maybe today.

Hope everyone stays warm and safe. Hugs ~ ~ ~ ~

Comment

Morning all

Erin finally came home last night. She cried and apologized. And while eating dinner, she told both me and Chris that she wants to be a better person. Hopefully things will improve vastly now.

Made another batch of the Nutella Banana Oat Muffins so Erin can take them and share them with her fellow band members before school.

And we're off for another day. Y'all have a good 'un!
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning work today...grocery shopping tonight...who knows what else my evening will bring....

Comment

Good Morning .. .as usual its cold!.. like -15.. weather guy says it will go up to at least 20 this afternoon... because the sun is shining..
          lets hope so... I go back to Dermatologist at 3:30. she has to freeze that spot they biopsied .so I will still have a problem with glasses sliding into the bandaid ... aggg.. hope to get a bite to eat. maybe soup and salad while we are out ..

discovered scrabble on my phone.. new addiction..
          Lady and only two children coming for lessons this morning ... the boy who will be fun to work with .and the youngest where I must stay firm and get her really moving... this is her last chance... If I don't see improvement in the next couple of months.. I will know it is a lost cause ,,, at least as me being her teacher.. ..

my muscles ache just reading your post Karlin

Pat,, ah yes.. putting on the Parent Hat . may just be what Erin needed.. hope it works out..

better get organized.. against my better judgement the lady is coming this morning ......her only time... and I told her I did not want any morning lessons????? if I find she is too scheduled to fit the kids in on a time I pick... sigh.. I hate confrontation ... I should be like the ice-skating instructor.... she says. be here at 6.30. and they have the girl there at 6.30.. not early ,not late.....once upon a time when I ran a full tight schedule ,I did the same.. but the retired me, doesn't do that..(Yet)

see you all later . HI Paula and Donna.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good SUNNY and FRIGID Morning! Schools got canceled today because it's -3 but feels like -23...guess they didn't think it'd warm up enough with a 2 hr delay.

Yesterday wasn't a very productive day, but that was OK. I did make a nice dinner. Roasted a whole chicken, and made some mac salad, baked beans, and a nice vegetable medley. Talked to both realtors. Sadly we've been let down so many times, that I'm not even excited anymore for fear of being let down again, but....the couple that looked at this house on Sunday wants to look at it again, and a couple that looked at the house in Bradford is looking into a bridge loan before making an offer on that house. I've learned that just because someone likes a place, doesn't mean they'll make a respectful offer. Our Lord could have both houses sell at the same time....that's been my prayer...but I'm too scared to get my hopes up. Aunt J...maybe He's finally tired of listening to you...us.

This morning I'm going to the thrift store because on the last Tuesday of the month everything is 50% in the entire store. I stumbled across the sale last month, but this time I'm intentionally going for the sale. Blaise still needs some more pants. I messaged Kathy & told her the train leaves at 9:30, so if she wants to go with me, she has to call me by that time...I doubt she'll get up in time. Not sure what else the day will bring. Maybe clean a closet or two...pack a box...who knows.

Glad Erin is home & wanted to change....that's amazing to me!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
              Rain expected today....it'll getting to only 60° today. Today I get my hair cut, which I'm needing badly.

Pat, I'm glad Erin is home, and things are looking up. It's good that she is seeing her problem and will make a real effort at improving.
              Karlinann, my garden needs to be above ground, because we have caliche (hard clay). But I still need to add soil every year.

The neighbors cat - I don't know what's going on. I don't see him for a few days, then suddenly he's here demanding food. I wonder if someone in the neighborhood is trying to keep him, until they discover he won't be housebroken. The neighbor's daughter is now living in Phoenix with a relative now, as the house here holds too many memories. (Her Mom died of cancer a few years ago.). I know her Dad doesn't like the cat. They might feed it when it's around, but otherwise probably not worried about it. It is a beautiful cat. I discovered it doesn't like anchovies. (Neither do I, but I'd bought some for E, only to find he only likes them on pizza.)

Have a good day.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Going to warm to 40 today. After a high of 16 yesterday that will be an amazing heat wave. Have lunch out with school chums this afternoon and that will be the plan for the day. Sun is shining and snow will do some melting...things are looking up today!

Comment

Good morning. It will be in the high 60's today and the winds will be dying down. That north wind makes it feel a lot cooler than it is. Even the kids will ask if it is time to go in...after asking repeatedly if it is time to go out. So these guys are clearly acclimated to our mild winters...Too bad my back yard is on the north side.
                  Tuesdays are always a different pace from Monday when everyone is eager to be back and see their friends. Tuesday just doesn't have the same excitement, so I am using today to start our bug unit. We are making insect headbands (ants) and will use our science Life cycle of an insect books. I have a huge Scholastic kit with sets of books of different animals, fish and insects, all with 6 of each book so the kids have their own to use.
                  anyway, we are plugging along till Spring. Because the almond trees and apricots are in bloom, I am teaching them the song Popcorn popping on the apricot tree. Hand motions are really cute and it gets them going. You know what they say about music and the savage beast? So true in preschool! Even the baby does the cutest moves when we do music.
                  Gotta go start the waffles. Have a good day!

Comment

Good morning all. I am on my iPad. Lots to learn such as going. To a line below. Don,t know which button to press and I. Am doing this with one finger

Comment

I shall try again

Ok, I just press return. I could go. To my big computer and write more

Have a good day all!

Comment

Nalani, just keep typing the sentences. It will automatically go to the line below without adding extra capitals.
                        To start a new line below, just hit the return button. It will go down a line for each time you hit "return".
                        Hope this helps.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                        X