Sunday, FEB 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, FEB 22

Today will be a restful day for me with no household chores except the preparation of a lovely evening meal for me and my dear husband. It is going to go to 82º and I plan on getting out there and enjoying some of it.

I'm reading a wonderful book right now, "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. It is sooooooooo good. Have a wonderful day all.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...My heart is broke this morning...a dear friend went to be with Jesus yesterday.. She had been sick for a while and in the nursing home for the last year or so...she was a HUGE part of my church family...she was one of my adopted grannys....there were times I felt closer to her than to my own granny. She claimed me as a grand daughter...church will be difficult this morning...it doesn't help much that I am hurt all over and didn't sleep well...

Headed to church in less than an hour to help cook breakfast...then Sunday school then church..and not sure about the rest of my day..

Comment

Good morning rounders...... Sorry Bethina about your friend.....sometimes when a person whose ill passes....it is the end of their suffering.....not easy to lose that person. I had that happen to my husband....I would have taken care of him forever if he would have lived...but had no choice.

Hannah did so well at her recital...she had us worried...she was nervous about playing this piece....but her music teacher chose the piece....she got a perfect grade from both critics. She is growing up to be quite the young lady....she will turn 13 this year.....entering the teen years. https://www.facebook.com/dave.zaborski website with her playing if anyone i interested.

Well Markus is with us today.....needs me to help with a puzzle....have a great day rounders...will get back later on to see what is happening with everyone.

Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Happy Sunday morning to all

I have Nutella Banana Oat Muffins the oven and the house is smelling wonderful! I'll post a link to the recipe in the kitchen.

No plans for today other than fetch Erin from her Dad's and see how that goes. Wish me luck.

Y'all have a good 'un.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning ...

got a decent nights sleep for a change...
          hoping we have a wee break in the cold and snow weather today... get ready for more freezing temps... both of son Marks "kids". had pipes freeze and oldest ended up calling for paid help.. the house they are buying. older little house in town.. the pipes were on the outside wall. not insulated????
          and Shawna's were were not so bad. ..don't know for sure what problem was but if they would have left spigots dripping might not have frozen?

Mickie ..immediately went to hear Hannah play.... amazing talent !...lots of things go into having a youngster play like that... talent ,love of her music, good teacher,,, good piano,, and most of all.. parents who make sure her piano is a priority above other activities!...

Bethina,,, ummm you collect Nana's like I collect extra Grand kids . sorry for your loss

Karlin , I read one of Kate Mortons other books... I put the one you are reading on my list to order from the Library..

Hi Paula. ,and Donna.. see you all later
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning. It's a sleepy day; stayed up too late last night.
            E's friend stopped over; we went out to dinner, came back here and they were talking the whole time.
            Then E didn't sleep well, his tossing woke be about 3:00a. He finally settled down sometime after 4, and I slept til 7:30ish.

Oh- then I went out to get the paper, which was in the street at the curb (Grrrrr) and with every step I watched the raindrops starting to darken the pavement. Brought in the cat's dish to rinse out. Then went to my chair and peeked out the window to enjoy seeing the unexpected rain. None! Even the pavement dried in that short time. Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor!

No plans today. Will be making split pea soup when the ham chunks thaw out a bit more.
            Just got me blood test results in my medical chart. Everything is looking good except the glucose. No more treats for me for a while. (I probably have an addiction to chocolate.). More water and exercise in my future!

Muffins sound good Pat. I might make some today and add some bran to it.

Have a good day, everyone.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Ahhh, Schmitty.....I can't view this without signing up.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Warmed yesterday afternoon to above freezing but temps will drop all day and tonight to put us back into the bitter cold. No mention of snow or ice in the future just cold. Last week of February...guess that is something.

Comment

Getting ready to go out the door to church. After church will be the Victorian house tour. there are a number of them in town that the historical society has marked, but this one is the only one set up as a museum. The others are all occupied.
                  Sun is shining here but there is a forecast for rain later this week and that has got everyone excited.
                  Bethina, sorry about your friend, but Schmitty said what I was going to say. I would have taken care of my husband forever, too, but he was suffering and now he isn't. Neither is your friend.
                  Have a good day. I am going to look up that book, karlinann.

Comment

Wow! Schmitty, I just listened to Hannah. That was beautifully done!

Comment

Funny thing is the name of the piece Hannah Played was called Le coucou by composer Daquin Asked Hannah how you said the word....and it was as I expected CooCoo.....LOL!
                      Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Just a quick good morning to let you know I'm not missing. Have a good day all and stay warm.

Comment

Good, very late, morning, all. Just watched and listened to Hannah's recital. She is amazing. Not even thirteen and is playing so very well. I'm sure Mickey and the rest of the family are very proud of her.

Comment

I just had a chance to listen to Hannah. She sounds amazingly professional.

Thank you for sharing!!!
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good Afternoon....guess what......it's snowing AGAIN...just floating gently down. It's warmer though.

Yesterday was a semi productive day. Got my paperwork done & laundry started. Made a big pot of chicken & rice soup. Went over to my neighbor Toni's to give her a piece of her mail that ended up in our box. We had tea & chatted for an hour & a half. Chatted with my Mom & SIL Sherry also. Got a call from our realtor around 4:30 and a young couple from Sandusky, OH want to see our house today around 4:30pm.

After church & lunch, we've been putting the finishing touches on the house. I had just cleaned it on Friday, so there wasn't a ton to do. I just have to clean off the dining room table, and then it's as good as it's going to get. The couple is going to look at 3 houses & our is going to be first. I'm to the point I don't thing either house is ever going to sell. How did we buy two houses that nobody else likes? I am SO OVER buying houses....renting the rest of my life.

(((Bethina))) Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
                              X