Friday, February 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, February 20th

Wow! The whole country is under a deep freeze. I'll be so glad when it warms back up. Did you know that the weather is the number one topic of conversation?

Yesterday I did manage to go for a walk and I noticed that the Cumquats are beginning to get plump enough to actually see them from the street. There are huge Cumquat trees in this community. Maybe I'll ask for some this year and make some Cumquat preserves or maybe not. I also spied a grapevine that will make a lovely wreath and I'm taking my pruning shears the next time I walk to get that.

Today I'm making Spaghetti and Italian Sausage. I just love Italian food.

Later.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning.

karlinann, I love Italian food, too, but my husband is not a fan. But I do have to have a fix every now and then.

John was late getting up and had not been up to stoke the fire during the night (unusual for him), so I just did it myself. Built a fire and cleaned the glass on the insert (not an easy task).
    He was surprised and so was I, frankly.

Well I've sent the newsletter off to the President and the Director and am waiting to see if there are any revisions. Only 8 pages this time. Thank goodness for PDF's so that I can do all of this through email. There was a time not long ago when I would have to print it and hand deliver it.

Well, better get my day going. Bit warmer here this morning.

Have a very good day.

Comment

whew wee....we are at minus 14!... so its not Good Morning ...
      Hello will have to do.

hi Karlin .. you make me feel like spring is coming with talk about planting...
      Hi Elaine.. makes you warmer just looking at a fire burning doesn't it..?

we had never received our form for State Tax return... I finally called our state Representatives office ..and was told state did not send any out!... everyone is supposed to file online....or pick up what forms you need to file at post office. library.....probably saved the state a lot of money on paper and postage.. ? .. I informed the office person that I did not want to do this online.. but I had printed off the forms. but needed an address... which he furnished. so today I will get that done... and mailed in....have not had to pay or get refund for over 20 years and yet they still want a form turned in.. government silliness..

went to Hannahs game last evening ... and they lost .so they are out of the final playoff. Hannah was in tears...this really was her last game with the school team.. she loves being a senior .. but all the "last" times are very emotional for her.. in a small school. sharing class for 12.-13 years with same kids. it is hard to let go. I sure did enjoy seeing her play .. wish now I would have got to more of her games...sigh

gonna be cold all day.. a good one to stay in . and read , finish puzzle . maybe cook something good?.
      hope you all have a good day.. see you later. Hi Paula and Donna
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Its really really really cold here...my parents and sis and two nieces are headed out to Florida for two weeks...one week in clear water the other week in panama City Beach..I really really wish I was going with them but I will wait and go next year when it is easier just too much going on in my life right now to make it happen...mom has promised to let the girlies pick out presents for me

Work for me today...hopfully setting up my new tablet this evening...

Comment

Good morning all!

Karlinann, the whole country is not under a freezing cold. It will get up to about 71 here today so a small part is nice. But we can have our cold weather at times.

But it seems a lot of you are experiencing some very cold weather so hope you will stay warm.

Patty should be arriving in LAX in about 10 minutes. I always check to see that she lands safely then will check on her flight to Tucson. Am excited to be seeing her again and we have a lot of planning to do.

Yesterday they had the most interesting function here. It was a show and tell with a youngster church group of pre teens and teens and residents here. It went very well, but at first you could see that the kids were a bit leery of us but after a couple of show and tells on both sides it really warmed up. Some of them played an interment and some showed collections or hobbies. I showed some of the little creatures or mementos I collected in Buddy and my travels around the world which they liked and asked questions. Another fellow made things out of legos and another youngster collected rocks so I went to my room and got a small rock I had gotten in Labrador and gave him. He was quite thrilled with it. Afterwards there was punch or cookies. It is nice to know there are some very good kids out there for the future.

Have a good day all!

Comment

good morning!
            Nalani, that show and tell group sounds so nice! And I bet that rock made that kid's day! Rocked it even! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)
            OUr temps will get to 70 again today. It makes for such a nice day with the kids able to go out and really enjoy playing. I have been cleaning up the yard and rearranging our play things. One bad thing I have found are two shingles that came off the roof during the storm a couple of weekends ago when the wind was so strong. I will have to get it checked out.
            I made a pasta and Andouille sausage dish yesterday for dinner. I found it on Pinterest and it is a one pot meal. Really good and I will be fixing it again.
            This is my last day with a couple of school kids until Easter break (spring break). It is so much fun having them here and seeing how much they have grown. Some of the daycare just become family for me.
            Maye, with your ! after 14, it looked like it was -141 at first glance...anything in the negative range probably feels the same, anyway, right? When it gets into the "triple digits" aver 105 it all feels the same to me.
            Have a good day and do what you have to do to keep going!

Comment

Good morning...
              I kept waking during the night, so I'm tired this morning. Can't believe its almost 9:00a.m.
              We will have a few warmer degrees than Nalani today, and as she said, we do get some pretty darn cold weather sometimes.

No news here for today.
              Just hoping your day is a really good one!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Just came home from grocery shopping and it is a balmy 13* out there. We are having a tropical heat wave!! But just to keep us from thinking winter has broken, weather weenies are predicting snow and ice for this evening and into tomorrow. Cold will be back next week. I needed curtain rods and sheers so went to walmart and the store was packed. Never much to buy in the grocery aisles of walmart since they are so poorly stocked (not blaming employees but that darn company itself) but the Easter candy aisle was full to the top. I know this because I took a walk down it and found the Cadbury Mini Eggs. Naturally with snow and ice predicted I purchased the largest bag available. Oh my, if I die between now and Easter it will be of a Mini Egg overdose. Nothing happening around here but cold and maybe snow. Stay warm and go buy some Cadbury Mini Eggs...they will brighten any day.

Comment

I am totally onboard with the mini eggs!

Comment

Hey All! This morning it was so cold that the fresh layer of snow actually glistened. Tonight & tomorrow we are to get 4-8" of snow....whoooopeeee!

Yesterday I finally feel like I accomplished something. Got most of the laundry done and picked up & vacuumed the whole house. Cooked a nice dinner. Kathy popped in for a quick hello & to pick up the groceries I got her the other day.

This morning I slept in. Went to the gym. Was weighed plus got my Body Mass reading & Water reading. I got them a couple weeks ago & my weight was up and my other two readings were too low. So I'vd dramatically increased my water intake and been eating more protein. All to no avail....all readings were worse today. I'm totally frustrated. We are going to work together to see if we can correct this problem. Then went to Cornell's market to grab a few of their sale items and use up all the WIC coupons for the month.

Tonight is Ladies Night Out at our church. It's suppose to be a relaxing evening.

I'm being called upon to help Blaisey. Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
                    X