Sunday, FEB 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, FEB 08

Good morning peeps. My day of rest is finally here and boy do I need it. I way overdid in the garden yesterday. I planted seeds, both flower and food, I spread velvet mushroom compost, and I started digging a new garden bed for flowers. My titanium steel knee is not so good today, but I wanted to at least get that bed started. I figure I have 2 more days of work on that project.

I found treasures at the thrift shop yesterday. A bag of the expensive thread, all colors for only one dollar. I also found designer capris, a pair of designer shorts and a pillow case. My entire shopping spree was $1.30. Love it. I can do lots of sewing with all the thread and it will outlast me I'm sure.

I got a great decorating idea online at Midwest Living. It's a garden chandelier made from a hanging wire basket. You put Mason jars in the basket and put candles in the jars. In the middle of the wire basket is a flower pot with flowers and then you line the bottom with moss. It looks beautiful and I can totally see that on my patio. I have to get some moss, but I have everything else.

I sowed my Pinto Bean seed, some more Cilantro seed, all kinds of flower seeds and Sweet Banana Pepper seeds yesterday. I spread the Velvet Mushroom compost around and I've got to buy more because I want to dig it in to my established beds.

Have a glorious day.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning Karlinann.....been up since 3 am.....watching some taped shows. The city of Toledo lost their Mayor this past week.....he had a heart issue and crashed about a week ago......passerbys tried to revive him when they saw his car.....ended up in hospital...but did not make it.... the city grieves for him...he was a wonderful man...was a police officer for many years before he ran for Mayor. Even though I live in Sylvania...a suburb of Toledo...and we have a different mayor. The Mayor of Toledo had impact on our city as well... he will be missed..

Great grandson Markus staying with us ....came in town with his Mom and Dad day before yesterday....staying with Dad's family.... Angie came over with baby Niko yesterday afternoon....my daughter wanted to have Markus overnight...and they dropped him off around 5 pm yesterday.... we are going to take him out to breakfast this morning..

Karlinann...it is obvious that you live in a much warmer climate than where I am....no way any planting is being done here. My son Matt is the gardener of vegetables...and we look forward to it....he shares his goodies with us.....he plants the hot peppers I love....even the Ghost Peppers...which are great!

Did buy my new Stainless Steel Range yesterday ....now when my new refrigerator gets delivered this coming week.....my new range will be here too. This new range has 5 burners.. smooth bottom...can't see the heat element.....says it makes for more even baking....can't wait.....my current stove is going to Mike and Leisa....they are going to change color to black to match their black fridge.

Sending wishes out to all for a good Sunday.

Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Morning all

Had a total blast at the annual Mardi Gras celebration yesterday. Yes, we got TONS of beads - gave most of them away to the smaller kids. My King Cake was a HUGE hit - think I may make another to take to the office this week.

Today I'm having brunch with a high school friend I haven't seen in 35 years! We hooked back up via Facebook and she's in town visiting her Mom. Can't wait to see her!

I'm off to the shower. Y'all have a good 'un!
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning...taking my time finding my get up and go this morning....will nap then get ready and go to church with my parents...probably lunch too....I don't have many plans for my day other wise probably a nap and reading a book...still just not feeling the greatest.

Comment

good Morning

moving kind of slow like Beth.... lazy feeling ... too much puzzle yesterday .. eyes are sore... will get this one finished and put away... not set up another until I read some of my library books ..5 of them..of course, they can be renewed if I don't get to them right away..

supposed to be in the warmish 40s today.. and since they are predicted ycky weather for tomorrow.. I think we will go have lunch ,then wander around Walmart today... so we can stay snuggled in tomorrow..

Karlin , between Donnas baking and your gardening ...I am tired... ( think i will go set in Maxies bathroom for a while)..
          Pat.. your cake must be , just as is the rest of your baking ,,a super delicious one....I assume you put recipe in Kitchen?

Mickie... new stove.wonderful... I have been yearning for new stove for ages... hoping the one in kitchen would die... but it has not.
          and having those dear great grand boys visiting... lucky you...

better get moving .. time does fly by.

Hi Paula and Donna.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning! It's dreary here & they say it's going to rain. Will probably melt quite a bit of the snow.

Yesterday was productive.....ran some errands and then made 2 pots of soup. One is going to church with us today for the pot luck.

Got an offer on the Bradford house. Made a counter offer yesterday and got an email last night that they rejected it. They have no desire in counter offers. Well they offered way too low. It just aggravates that realtors show people houses way above their budget. Then they wants something for nothing. If your budget is $90,000 range, then don't show them houses in the mid-100's and then expect sellers to come way down. It makes both sides disappointed.

Not sure what today will bring after church & the potluck. May just work on my puzzle for the rest of the day & finish up the laundry.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Aunt Maye - I just make up my cinnamon roll dough, spread it with softened butter and sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar. Then I beat a block of cream cheese with an egg, 1/2 cup of sugar and a splash of vanilla and put that inside before rolling it up. You shape it into a ring, pinch the edges together to seal it, and bake it. The frosting is just a simple confectioners' sugar glaze and then it's sprinkled with the traditional purple, green, and gold glitter sugar.

P.S.: You put the baby inside AFTER baking.
              The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning.

Getting ready for church. Got my dish baked and ready to go. Now I need to get me ready to go.

Have a wonderful Sunday, Friends.

Comment

Suppose to be another day in the 60s and have no idea if the week will bring changes. I haven't watched a bit of weather in the last couple of days so whatever comes will be a surprise. Sierra has my car for work today so I will spend a nice afternoon doing laundry. No plans for the up coming week...amazing how a couple of 60* days can change your entire out look.

Comment

Good morning. It is overcast and the storm coming in is predicted to rival the one Friday night.
                    I have kids flying today: Spencer is flying from Japan to Australia, or as he puts it: flying to Summer! So is Stuart, I guess. He and his family are flying from the Portland airport to Orlando. When I talked to Stuart and Rylie yesterday they were both so excited! I asked Rylie how excited on a scale of 1-10, and she immediately shouted 20! My kind of girl! My brother called and told Stuart they were having temps in the 60's lately and they should brings gloves and warm jackets. I guess my brother is totally acclimated to Florida! Stuart said to me he is bringing one pair of long pants and the rest will be shorts. They are so acclimated to the WA weather that a sunny day trumps everything and 60's will be like Spring to them.
                    I have church and then not sure what. It will depend on how soon the weather changes around here. For sure there will be some reading and some cutting out small hearts for a daycare activity.
                    Have a great day and smile a lot!
                    Donna, that realtor should feel ashamed for doing that to her client.
                    Maye, I have put out some new larger puzzles for my older preschoolers and now trying to teach them how to group the pieces, find the borders and see how the puzzle goes together.

Comment

Good morning all!

Another beautiful day today. Supposed to get up to about 74. I'll take that.

Today Bim and I have a date. I was given two tickets by a friend here whose son is in it to the Cowboy Poetry Gathering. This is a yearly thing but I have never been before. So we will go to the early afternoon session and then afterwards we'll go out to dinner somewhere. Should be fun for both of us. Poetry/western singers come from all over to US to be in this.

This morning I am doing paper work and then hope to start cleaning out my computer desk. Yesterday I did all the bathroom drawers and threw out tons of stuff.

Have a good day all!

Pat, glad you got tons of beads and your cake was good. And Maye, you are right reading karlinann's and Donna's posts do make one exhausted on all they both do. .

Comment

Good Almost-Afternoon.
                        I was up twice during the night, and ended up sleeping in quite longer than usual. I turned down breakfast at Dunkin'Donuts this morning...just didn't feel like donuts to start the day. So I showered and had cereal instead, and glanced through the paper.
                        Heck, I don't feel much like doing anything today. E has been going through papers, and I'm still waiting for him to put them away. I can't even get to my computer or file cabinet. He has plans to do other things today. I hate this!
                        Oh well.
                        Tomorrow is another lecture in the series. Am learning a bit more on the science subjects I thought I knew from school. You don't always hear the gradual advances they're making in the various fields.
                        Well, I need to find something to do. Otherwise I might find myself napping.
                        Sounds like you all have busy enough plans today.

Pat, the cake sounds good. My NO friend used to bake a regular cake that she used different colors of food color in. She would make little aluminum foil pouches for the various traditional trinkets, and slip them into the batter in an Angel or Bundt pan before baking, and frost with cream cheese and coconut frosting. I guess there are all kinds of King Cakes, as long as the baby and trinkets get put in.
                        Have a good day, everyone.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                        X