Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits

Bought all the stuff to make this today. Think I'll make it tomorrow morning and take some to physical therapy for my therapist and her student that work so HARD to make me better.

SKILLET APPLE PIE BISCUITS

8 frozen buttermilk biscuits, thawed
    1 [21 oz] can premium apple pie filling [see cook's note]
    1 stick [1/2 cup] butter, melted
    1/2 cup light brown sugar
    1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 cup walnut or pecan pieces [optional]
    Glaze: [double if desired]
    1/2 cup powdered sugar
    2-3 Tbsp cream or half & half or 1-2 tsp whole milk

Directions:
    Preheat the oven to 375°F. Melt the butter, and brush on all sides of the skillet. I used my 10 inch cast iron skillet for these biscuits, but, you can use any comparable baking dish. In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Dip each biscuit in the butter, and sprinkle all sides with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Arrange side by side in the skillet.
    Cut the apples in the pie filling into smaller pieces, and mix in 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla. Arrange over the biscuits. [tip: Use a premium pie filling for the best results].
    Pour the remaining butter over all and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar on top.
    Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden and puffy.
    Mix together the ingredients for the glaze. Drizzle on top. Serve hot. Yield: 8 servings.

Link to the recipe: Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen - Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Oh my these look delicious. Have you made them yet? I love apple almost anything...will make a copy of the recipe to try later.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I didn't make them today, but will probably do it on Thursday morning as I don't go to therapy until 10:30 that day.
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Well once you make them tell me what you think before I make them.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I know what I think....I think I wish I wasn't diabetic! Those look scrumptious!
          Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

These look delicious.....may give them a try when family is here...might be able to make them with some substitutes making them ideal for a diabetic like me. At least to have a taste. Only problem would be the amount of butter....will have to think about that. I can find free of real sugar Brown .....and use Fat free cream....which I buy for myself...for my first cup of coffee for the day...

Or do half with all the delicious bad stuff and 1/2 with the low cal and healthier stuff....
            Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

If you figure it out, please post it! I am no good at changing baking recipes. Cooking, I can do, but baking is more difficult for me.
              Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Will do Jo.....after I make it will report how it turns out....and the way I did it...if it was good.
                Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Working...
                X