Ham for a crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ham for a crowd

We are serving spiral sliced ham and potatoes and green beans and salad for the shelter dinner.
    How have you done a large dinner, either for family gathering or funeral...?

How many are you expecting? Donna/cookielady has done these at church before, so I am sure she would know if she sees this.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Martha Stewart site said 1/2 pound per person...

Comment

I found a great way to stretch ham is to put a layer of it in the middle of scalloped potatoes. The ham is in there flavoring the potatoes, so it seems like you are eating more ham than you actually are, and I haven't served it and not gotten good comments. It's something different and doesn't cost you a ton of money. I know it may seem like you are being cheap, but sometimes you've got to stretch a budget, and with what you save on the cost of meat, you can use for the other sides. BBQ pork and cheesy potatoes was another favorite.

Comment

Thanks, Donna, I read this when you posted but forgot to tell you thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X