Grilling..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilling..

Are you a grill person and how often do you grill out?
    We have 2 grills...had 3. One is very old, made of cast iron, the second is a weber, and the third was a gas grill. Son gave us the gas one. We rarely used it. The cast iron one was handed down to us from parents. It has some issues. And the weber is favorite.
    We don't do it often; I would like to do it more, in the past it seemed like we didn't have enough company to use it. (too much trouble to clean). But, I so love the flavor...plan to do it more this year.
    Love the ribs, and pork steaks and chicken cooked on the grill.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Phillipians 4:13

We have a big charcoal grill and truthfully friends have used it more than we have. Kenny uses it more to burn boxes and paper than we have cooked on it. Main reason is that it is to big to bother with for just the 2 of us. I told him I wanted a small grill and so for my birthday a few years ago he comes back with this huge one because "it was on sale" I knew that it wouldn't be used much since we don't have company or kids at home, but he tried.

Comment

Buddy used to grill a lot, but of course no more now. I don't at all. When Walt (SIL) is here he loves to grill. Even likes to make up the hamburger patties if that is what we are having. Wonderful!

Comment

We grill quite often in the summer. There two grills, one is a Weber which we use the most. The other is ancient, I think I bought it in 1977 and has been fantastic but not used much anymore. I use it when we're having a get-together but it's too big for a small group.
        Now I want grilled tri-tip. Of course we don't have any and I think we are still out of charcoal unless Joy got some when she shopped last.

Comment

We grill quite often in the summer. There two grills, one is a Weber which we use the most. The other is ancient, I think I bought it in 1977 and has been fantastic but not used much anymore. I use it when we're having a get-together but it's too big for a small group.
          Now I want grilled tri-tip. Of course we don't have any and I think we are still out of charcoal unless Joy got some when she shopped last.

Comment

We probably grill out once every 2 weeks or so. Usually hamburgers, ribs, or chicken. We've got an old Weber and I wouldn't trade it for anything fancier! I never could see the point in gas grills - might as well cook stuff in the oven as it doesn't add any of that wonderful char-grilled flavor.
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

We also have 2 - 1 gas, one charcoal. Charcoal was a gift, and we use it rarely. Gas grill we use at least 2 or 3 times a week in the summer. Steaks and HBs, chicken mostly.

Pat is right about the flavor, but I would never cook steak or HB's in the house. It's mainly just a convenience.

Comment

Wow, Elaine, I'm surprise you all don't use a smoker. James as a Texan nearly fainted when I said we didn't have a grill or smoker. That was his first purchase after arriving in IL. The fire box died this spring and he went straight to Lowes and got a new one. He uses it every weekend....yesterday was beef brisqit(sp?) and it is soo good. It is huge so we froze part of it and it will be a delight next winter. He does veggies and all in it. If someone gave him the finiest gass grill ever made, he'd sell it in a heartbeat and use the money to buy charcoal and mesquit or hickory wood chunks for the smoker!
                Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Some of the best meat I've ever had, was cooked in a smoker...I have never operated one. Went to a pig roast many years ago...a pit was dug deep into the ground. And the men put a bed of coals down there and a pig and a lamb in it and covered it all back up... and don't know what all...it was quite alot of work. It took several hours. But, it sure was good.
                  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
                  Phillipians 4:13

Comment

We have a Weber gas grill that is 15 yrs. old and still cooking, we cook on it probably 3 times a week at least, more in the summer of course, but love to do a turkey on it with wood chips. We use wood chops a lot to smoke foods also, small alum pan filled with wood chips that have been soaked in water...yummy
                    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

We only have one grill...it is a gas Holland Grill and it never flares up. We cook on it 2-3 times a week...Let me tell you a little story. I used to have long hair that I would pull back in a ponytail. I went to light the grill, basically you turn 2 dials and it ignites......I didn't even realize what happened. I lit the grill, went back to do some raking and I thought to myself "What is that terrible smell?"...I felt the front of my hair and all of those loose hairs around my face were brittle. I quickly walked into the house and went to the mirror...that terrible smell was me! I had singed my fleece cardigan on the arm that I was holding the cover up and the front of my hair. I was so greatful that I didn't have my hair down or it most likely would of all been gone and maybe burned my face . I still have little panic episodes when I go to light the grill at times. I think it has to be about 3 or more years... I never even realized it happened because it was so fast...It could of been so much worse. So do be careful with gas.
                      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison

Comment

I do not grill. E barely cooks - forget the grill!
                        He did try to grill once, when we lived in Phoenix. About 6 of his friends from work came over for a "Kill The Tree" party. We had to remove a Eucaliptis tree that had roots growing in places where it interfered with water lines, septic tank, and was reaching for the pool. So we put HBs & hot dogs on the grill, and I made sides. In minutes they degenerated into hockey pucks and we threw them out. I was about to run to the store for meat, or maybe pre-made sandwiches, when guest 7 shows up with this huge chunk of buffalo meat, and HE grilled it, which the men sliced the "done pieces" off and turn it to get the next done parts. I saw chunks of hair on the meat, so didn't eat any. One of our daughters took some
                        and ended up hospitalized for 4 days. A few of the men got sick later, but not as bad. We never grilled again since that time.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                        X