Tuesday, February 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, February 04

Good morning Rounders! Big full moon this morning, chilly, but going to 70's. Yesterday was beautiful!

DH had an appt. with his new Primary Care doc. He was so impressed that he convinced me to change my PC. They draw their own blood work in the office, they do Ultrasounds to check your leg, neck, and chest on a return visit, and they did an EKG on him yesterday. I really am ready to have a female doc and it sounds as if this place cares.

Well, taking the brass lamp apart proved to be quite a task for both me and DH. We got some of it apart, but we ended up just sticking it into the trash can and hopefully they will take it. That sucker was put together firmly, but it was so rusted. Ugh!

I cleaned the bathrooms yesterday and put up a new shower curtain. The shower always feels so fresh after doing that chore. Today will be cleaning and mopping these floors.

I will get out there in the sun and find something to do. I noticed yesterday that the birds are getting stuff out of my compost. I am pretty sure it's the fountain grass that I cut and trimmed and put in my compost cans. The birds are building nests and are super busy.

I also need to add compost to my front garden. The plants I put out there are struggling and need some good rich compost to perk up the soil and add nutrients so the plants will have something to sink their roots into. Otherwise, I'm afraid they won't live too much longer. That is a priority today.

I made Spinach Potato Soup, Coleslaw, garden salad, and Peanut Butter & Crackers for dinner. We loved it and I know it's a mishmash menu, but sometimes you just want something different. Tonight will be smashed potatoes and meatloaf, with a side of fried apples and biscuits. Yummy!

Have fun, fun, fun, on your trip Boff and catch a big one! Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning not quite as dead tired as I expected to be after not getting home until almost 11 last night. Family dinner was great. The swim meet was great! My nieces team won.

Today I will work then go to a friends birthday at Cracker Barrel.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Love Cracker Barrel!

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Love Cracker Barrel too!

Good Morning! It's to be dreary for the next several days. The sun was nice the past 2 days though.

Yesterday was semi productive. Becca & I were going to meet for lunch after we each ran our errands. She had to get her oil changed, and I had to go to the bank & Aldi's. We had a nice lunch at AppleBees. I then finished my errand list by stopping at Sharp Shopper & the drug store. I got my second wind and got everything unloaded and put away. Made Blaise & I each a veggie plate. If I don't, he'll eat all the peppers & cucumbers. He could live eating those two vegetables. I was going to get green peppers because they were cheaper, but they weren't very big. The multi-colored peppers were more expensive, but were twice the size. Taste better too.

We all petered out and fell asleep around 5pm. LOL! Even Blaise. He was grounded off electronics, so he just curled up.

I've got a to do list, and I'm going to try to do several of the items so they get crossed off. Kathy is coming around 3pm and I'm going to give her a baking lesson....how to make cherry pie. Matt said he won't pop the question until she knows how to bake a pie like me. She got a gift card for Christmas for Sharp Shopper, so we are going there after the pie is done.

I'm in the mood for ck & biscuits.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning Cookie. In your semi productive day you did more than I do in a week. Happy pie baking!

Morning. Made it into to 70s again yesterday but the clouds came in by noon. Today is rain and tomorrow 'measurable' snow. Well,...RATS! The boys tried to start a fire to cook hamburgers over a camp fire and could not get the fire going. Finally ended up on the grill and supper was late and I was grouchy. This morning I already have stuffed peppers in the crock pot! Guess if you want an on time meal you gotta cook it yourself and I have a hockey game tonight. Can't be sitting around waiting for food when my jams and the drop of the puck are calling...ya know?

Getting a haircut at 12:30 and Sierra wants to meet for lunch at Mexican. There is really a good Mexican restaurant back home. What she really wants is to see if I can figure out the error message on her state income tax form. She filled out federal and it was accepted but keeps getting an error for state. I am not going to be of any help but I get lunch out with my granddaughter.

So today I am going to be gone running around and I can't remember what I did yesterday. My joints are a little sore from the scrubbing I did Sunday so I probably didn't do much. Karlinann hope you get a doctor you are happy with. I did not like my last doctor much and ended up with the nurse practitioners. He is now gone and we have two new doctors and I am curious to try them. Not that I want to get sick and need a doctor but it would be nice to have one I can like. My doctors office is right across the street from the hospital so taking blood and getting x-rays is super easy and convenient.

Is today the day you leave Boffler? Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the sun and warm weather. Glad you are feeling better. Karlinann do you ever just take a day off? When the boys and Sierra were little I would cut strings of yarn and lay them in the yard in the Spring. Would have been nice to see them worked into a nest. We took a nest out of the bottom of the mailbox....the newspaper tray...and it had some funny stuff woven in. But it wasn't much of a nest more like things cushioning it. Put some yarn in your compost and see if it shows up someplace.

Well gotta go shower and drink another cup of coffee. Need to read the news. I have my morning routine...Have a wonderful day and a safe drive Boffler! Hey Paula and Beth, I wear cons too.

Comment

Good morning. On the road as I type which will be short as I get car sick easily, no reading or typing. Will touch base later. The city we are passing through right now is 55.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Hey, I forgot to tell you guys that yesterday morning in the wee hours I heard the Coyote. He was close and he did the coyote howl several times. Something was dead yesterday because I smelled it and I think he got something. I heard a cat the same night, so I don't know what happened, but the vulture hawks were circling all around yesterday, and there were so many of them.
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Is that odd to hear a coyote Karlinann? We hear all kinds of howling and nighttime crunching around here. I have noticed the geese are going over more often. I know some stay all year long so it is not strange to hear them all winter but I would think it way to soon for them to be flying north. Heck, I wouldn't go anywhere near north if I had a choice! It sprinkled on me most of the round trip. Getting much colder too. Had a wonderful lunch with Sierra. She was in a good mood and I kept my mouth shut...hard to do but I am getting better! We went through her state tax form and could find nothing wrong except she did not use her middle initial. Boy I hope that is all! She is waiting to see if it is accepted. Why do they make it so hard? She did say she had to buy a the new tax program because the free one would not accept her interest earnings. Now that is a racket! My hair girl and I were talking and she has girls Sierra's age and how we are trying to make them independent and how hard it is because you want them to have an easy life but they need to learn it isn;t easy, ya know?

My peppers are smelling so good! Forgot to pick up a loaf of Italian bread but there may be some garlic bread in the freezer. House feels cold because of the damp and cold moving in. To late to start anything so will just call it a day. Will unload the dishwasher but only because I will need to reload it later. 70* yesterday and burr today. Winter stinks for sure!!

Comment

I read the posts then got sidetracked with my day job and finally back.

We went outside to get our sunshine and it was chilly but good enough. All kids are sleeping now.

I have an observation in one week for a county program. I just need to prepare for tantrum boy! Trace is lovable but demanding and hopefully the person will be happy to see how I don’t lose control, right? That is all I can really hope for, although I am going to have a plan in place, you can count on it!

One of my good friends got a puppy. A 13 week old male mini schnauzer and I plan on going there after daycare to see him.
            Becky felt ok enough and went to
            work. She texted she is feeling pretty close to normal now.
            Knocking on wood I do not get sick.

All your foods sound so good but I am too late to prepare most of them. We have fairly cool temps all week and those peppers stuffed or in soup just sound perfect!

And everything Donna makes sounds perfect!

I want a hot turkey or roast beef sandwich so maybe it is a good night to go out?

Comment

Working...
            X