Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, February 03

Good morning Rounders!

They had an Open House next door yesterday. I kept hearing all these car doors slamming and thought it was my neighbor, but it was the OH. We knew they would have one. There were plenty of lookers, so it won't be long.

Today is supposed to be sunshine and 71. I have to clean this house and I still haven't taken that old floor lamp apart so it will fit in the trash. It's completely rusted, (brass) and I cannot get the rust off. I cleaned it, but it rusted again, so it's trash.

I saw a sliver of a moon. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning. Yesterday was a beautiful day. It was like plugging into a socket with all the energy I got. Instead of sitting outside and soaking up the warm and sun I cleaned the kitchen. I just went in and started cleaning! Even this morning it was nice to walk into a clean kitchen. Funny what a little sun can do. Now we have one more day of warm but not much sun according to the weather guy and rain tomorrow and snow Wednesday. It is nice while it lasts.

Going to call for a haircut today and the rest of the day will unfold however. Going to grill tonight and I bought potato salad and will make rice. Simple and everyone is happy. Saw that the Chiefs won the Super Bowl...you know no one here watched a minute of football but we are happy for Kansas City. Ran into the grocery last evening around 5:00 and the place was empty. Everyone home watching football I guess.

Karlinann hope you get good neighbors. Jon has the ginger jar lamps from my dad's and I am thinking of painting them. I always loved those lamps and glad they came here but they are a pale tan and I think they would be so much perkier a blue with a white lamp shade. I also want new tables and we need two new recliners. I think I just decided to redo the entire living room. Every stick of furniture in this room, except the lamps, came with me when I moved and maybe I am just sick of it.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are looking forward to a great week.

Comment

Good morning work was dead last night!! It was so nice to have a change.

Today I am working..tonight is the Chiropractor right after work then my oldest nieces senior night swim meet so we will have dinner then go to that.

My parents are coming to town today for tonight’s activities. Then I think they are coming to see me for lunch tomorrow. My mom is wanting to watch me use the wok. Makes me a little nervous.

Comment

Good Morning, a heavy frost but better than snow...and the sun is peeking out once again...and yes Maxie, the sun does wonders for the inner self. I also got a lot done yesterday, with more to come today. First I will take the car in for an oil change...I look like Charlie chipmunk with my swollen jaw and big red scar down my next, but hey I am not vain so away I go...hubby wanted to make sure I felt up to it before letting me do this but it beat trying to figure out another way to do it..and I was released to drive...just have to watch that seat belt. Have to test my INR today also. Will come home from getting oil changed, get a shower, go to Drs. appt. come home and do the load of towels, run the dishwasher and dust. That should complete what needs done, will be eating out so as not to have to mess up kitchen, my excuse and I am sticking to it, LOL..

Karliann, sure hope you get good neighbors...

Maxie, go for it lady, love a fresh look, does wonders for a mood...new look, refreshing...

Well time to gather myself and head toward the dealership for oil change. Have a great day one and all, sure hope everyone gets some sunshine before the rain..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was good. Slow. I finally made the lemon meringue cheesecake that I saw on FB. It called for lemon curd, which I've never made before. Didn't want to buy it if it was easy enough to make myself since I already had all the ingredients. Paula shared her recipe, and it turned out perfect. It turned out very nice looking...just like the pic. Sean came & got it, and I ask him to let me know this morning how he liked it. It's a keeper! Now I'll have to make one for some family gathering so I can try it. I love lemon.

Kathy brought Blaise home. She had me follow her out, and we had a nice long talk. I was honest with her. I guess she's been going for therapy. She honestly doesn't blame us.

I've got my to-do list made, and need to work on it. Heading into town shortly. Going to meet Becca after her oil change. We'll have lunch & catch up.

Best get busy. Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning! Boy our streets were empty and then Quiet! Like somebody died quiet. If anyone around here bet on the Chiefs they are raking it in today. I am happy for them; love to see it go to the underdog.

Sunny and cold here.
            Becky started feeling sick when we were cleaning the yard yesterday afternoon and was up during the night. She is home sick today.

Boffler, happy you have such a good attitude and just enjoy being out of the house!

If you want the Triple Lemon cake recipe let me know. The curd recipe is better than the one with the TL cake so we combined a couple of recipes. It is a bit labor intensive so just a heads up!

Hope today goes well and you all stay warm enough!

Comment

Working...
            X