Sunday, February 02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, February 02

Good morning Rounders! Happy Groundhog day! I do not think he will see his shadow. I'm a positive person, what can I say.

Yesterday I watched the Hallmark Mystery channel pretty much all day.

It's Sunday! Meatloaf and oven baked potatoes. Only 62 today so I will love that heat from the oven.

My knee still hurts and I walk with a limp. I will def need another injection on the 14th.

Did you know that Hallmark is closing their stores in 12 states? Apparently, not enough card sales?

My life is boring. The door is open. Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 02-02-2020, 01:18 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning Karliann and all who follow...I like boring, means peacefulness.. yes I think I saw that we would have an early spring...

We did out grocery shopping yesterday, I went with a list and accomplished all that I wanted to accomplish...hubby did the work, LOL Got our real estate check and envelope done this morning, have to get that in the mail...seems a shame to have to pay so much for something you already own. Think we will have barbecue pork steak, baked sweet potatoes and veggie for dinner, sounds good to me.

Going to do some house cleaning today other than that nothing else planned except being lazy on the couch..

Have a good day one and all..

Karliann, did you see that I responded to you about the place we ate at by the water? It was Crystal Lake..about 50 some miles away from Ocala.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, yeah I've been there once. Didn't like it.

This is the company my son Craig and his friend own together...they have been friends since pre-school, and life long friendship. https://www.woodlandenvironment.com/
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning! It is blinding out there!!! The sun the sun...it is not just bright out but it is sunny! I gotta laugh Karlinann..you are turning the oven on to heat the house at 62 and we are digging out our shorts and tees at 60. It is a holiday and we got a present we need. Wow, Paula, that is something about kids acting out in Washington. That is a long time without sun and for educators to recognize that amazing. There still are smart people out there! Did you read some where that PETA is complaining about using the ground hog and want them to use a robot instead? I do hope that is a joke or I read it wrong. Not a big fan of a ground hog unless it is ground hog day but let him keep the job. He only does it once a year.

Went to Aldi's for peppers yesterday and need hamburger yet but tomorrow we are having stuffed peppers. We only shopped produce but I had a fair amount in the cart. No one here will be watching the super bowl but naturally would be cheering for KC Chiefs. And it is an excuse for ordering a pizza. Blues lost last night but it was such a good game. I felt bad for them. We did not scout out alternative routes but I did get to eat out. Places were busy with people getting out on a Saturday without snow or cold.

No plans for today....Going to enjoy the sun for sure! Have a great one everyone. Yay! The sun is shining!!!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxi, the wind chill feels like 30 degrees and I will not be going back out today. I had grinds to put in the garden. Thank God for heat, a warm house, and warm sweat pants and ………….

Good morning.hard morning.alarm never went off..I woke up at 917 needed to be ready at 9:15. So glad my friends waited on me. I was out the door by 925.

work later..

Comment

Heard the ground hog saw his shadow so an early spring? or is it vice versa? anyway early spring. Seems to me the same thing happened last year and we did not have spring until May! Sun is still shining here and it is warming up! No matter about that fat ground hog it is a spring day here!!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          I watched the weather channel where they brought out the GH, Phil, and according to them he did not see his shadow, but that thing is just an attraction to get people to come and spend money. If the sun was shining up where you live and he saw his shadow then it means 6 more weeks of winter. If he did not see his shadow it means spring is near.

Hey! This morning it was snowing those huge fluffy flakes & accumulated a couple inches, and now it's sunny & suppose to get up into the 40's & 50's the next couple days.

Yesterday was busy for a while. Baked 6 pies. Had several people come for pick up.

This morning we went to church & SS. Took Blaise down to Kathy's afterwards.

I bought a pair of Converse tennis shoes for Blaise. She wanted $18 but I got her down to $15. We talked about different places to meet, I bribed her with a plate of cookies if she'd deliver to me, so she was thrilled to do so. So she's come & gone, and now I'm waiting on my last customer to come pick up her 6 doz of ground hog sugar cookies. Paula sent me her lemon curd recipe, and I'm hoping to make that this afternoon and the cheesecake. I'll then assemble and make a lemon meringue cheesecake that one of my customers wants to try.

We were going to play cards tonight, but my SIL & brother are both sick, so just going to stay in the rest of the day.
        BTW...it works out to the same...either 6 more weeks of winter, or spring is around the corner in 6 weeks. We really haven't had much of a winter yet, so we may get dumped on in Feb & March. PETA just needs to go play with themselves and let us have a little fun. The GH isn't hurt in any way.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Converse are my most favorite shoes! 90 % of the time it what I wear. I wish they made a pair of none slip ones

Comment

And I am now wearing the Converse low backs and feel like I went shopping! and I feel trendy..
            As much of a dog and animal rescue person as I am, I do not like PETA overall...I have read things that did not show them I na good light and even the Humane Society is one of the charities that takes a lot form every donation dollar...

We went to church up in Anderson today. It was great and we saw a lot of people we don't see all the time. Good to catch up.

I am not feeling like starting up to work again, though. I need another 3 day weekend.
            Yesterday I went to the flooring store and took pictures of the samples I like and sent them to Becky and she picked my #2 favorite so that is what I am going to get. Like I said before whenDonna was talking about all the gray on the walls, I amnot a huge fan of the weathered beach wood planking, but I think that is what I am getting. I
            If nothing else, it will add to resale, right? I have no plans or thoughts to sell, but my mind always goes there.

Has the game started, yet? I better go check. Not particularly a fan, but I do live here and I Do want to see and hear what JLow is doing.

I am going to my mom's now. She needed me to get online and find the address for public marriage certificates fo rher Real ID. the link she sent me broughtme to Monongalia County. I don't eventhink that is in CA! sounds like NY or PA!

Ok, hope you are doing as well as you sounded from your posts.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              I just scrolled down on that site: it is for WV..how she got that link I have no idea.
          Working...
          X