Friday, January 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, January 31

It's the last day of January Rounders! We are that much closer to spring!

Yep, I hear you Maxie. Yesterday I was cold in the house all day. It does get into your bones. I was dressed warmly and even had on socks with my sandals, but I didn't actually warm up until I cleaned up the kitchen after dinner.

Boffler, I do hope we are having good sunny weather while you are here.

Nothing new. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning. I am late but did not want to get out of bed. Have already sat in here and glumped through a cup of coffee and wish someone was home to hand me another. No sun again today but if I live long enough Sunday is going to be in the 60s with sun. Soon I will be past caring.

Got a call from the school about a letter being sent home. We do not get the letters or texts just the calls so when Jon dropped Andrew off he ask his mom about the letter. Holy Cow...these kids are sexting! What is wrong with the world? We expect it from the cities and big schools but here? Not here! I am so depressed over the scummy behavior around the world. Makes you wonder where the world is going. I thought the happenings in Congress were depressing enough. Morals and ethics are gone...president did it and it was wrong but so what and that is the opinion of 'our' politicians. People we count on to keep us safe. And our kids have ready access to guns and now sexting. You teach your kid but have no idea what they are doing. Depressing! Why do any of us get out of bed?

Ok, I am having a major breakdown and the sun or lack thereof is partially the blame. The fact that I have to go back to walmart today is another blame. With a huge list! Wasn't I just there? I am bummed and will just hang it up and scrape the snow off the patio chair and smoke while I call my sister this morning. Boffler please tell us about your trip plans. And that you are feeling so much better and ready to go. Yep, Karlinann, one month closer to Spring. Only it comes to you and lot sooner than us! Ok, Taking my mood to the patio. Have a good one.

Comment

Good Morning! I started a response yesterday, and got way side tracked.

Been busy in the kitchen. Orders this week for cookies, pies, and a cake. The groundhog sugar cookies turned out so cute. Wished I knew how to post pics. Iced 6 doz of them yesterday....3 different styles.

In a bit Sue is arriving and we are FINALLY going shopping @ Boscov's and go to Applebees for lunch. Then home to assemble 3 pies for baking first thing tomorrow morning and ice this choc cake that was ordered.

Got a letter yesterday telling me I got turned down for our new life insurance. Guess I'm going to die soon. You know, that healthy jogging yoga 105lb gal can get hit by a car and die sooner than me. Just sayin'.

For years I've been frozen all winter because I've kept my thermostat at 68 but the last week or so I've put it up to 71 because I'm tired of being cold.

In case I miss the day....have a safe trip Sharon. Will you be posting down there?

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning....trash day so I got up and got busy rounding it all up, didn't lift anything but had it all ready for the hubby....weather is supposed to be on a warming trend glad for that. Each day a little better than the one before as it should be, the nerves are coming alive which 'stings' a bit, still enough swelling that turning my head in direction on my neck the incision is on is limited...I have been going to bed and hour earlier than usual because I am tired, and getting a good 8 hrs. sleep which is unusual for me also...but that is what is needed for healing...we are now 4 days away from heading down the road...thankfully if I get tired have a nice queen size bed to sleep in going down the road, and the convenience of a bathroom also, LOL...hoping that my checkup Monday is none eventful and my Remicade infusion on Tuesday.

Hubby is fixing me some breakfast as I type, haven't had much appetite since surgery, which was a week ago today...but this morning a scrambled egg and toast sounds good..we are slowly getting things gathered and ready to load in motorhome...

Karliann, Ruskin weather is looking pretty darn good from what I am reading anything 70 and above sounds GREAT to me...I am even going to try fishing again which I have not done in over 40 years. Hubby and son bought me a rod and reel.. A month of weather other than winter weather will be marvelous...and sitting on a beach listening to the waves and watching them even better...PEACE!! My sister is so worried because of my cat and how lonely he will be and wishing I could take him with us, I told her that I was not going to miss a good month because of an animal, I love him, but would worry he would get lose and never to be found again and that would bother me more than him being here at home without us...here her is feed, sheltered, well taken care of, they spend time with him, etc. so I need to enjoy my life also...

Well food is served, have a great day one and all..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...I will have a house full of over night guest. My parents and one of mom’s sisters and her husband are all going to the do theater to see a show tomorrow. I have to keep my parents dog. I have mixed feelings. I am not the dogs most favorite person. My niece is but she has to work.

Then my parents will be back Monday. We are going to my nieces swim meet.

Comment

Oh, give me patience, Lord, but Hurry!
            We have that on a plate somewhere and if I find it I will put it up where I can see it in the daycare!
            Last day, yes! Final day of January, Yes! Payday, YES!
            Because the 1st is on Saturday the retirement check was deposited and it is a little higher. Good for the month I pay property taxes and pay to have my taxes done.

Cookielady, I have asked Pat to post a picture for me and put up my picture so I bet if you post the ground hog cookies on FB she would do it.
            The raspberry thumbprint cookies look beautiful and delicious and I want to know how they turn out. Please!!!

I have my three hard guys right now. Only good thing is there is one child who won’t be here today who really gets into with the one who is here. Trying to keep myself in a positive mindset.

One super positive was an agency person who came by just to drop off papers came at nap time and all was quiet and clean! Kind of hard most days so that was a good thing!
            Do you ever get tired of your name as in I hear “Paula????” So many times that I want to change it! Can you tell it is Friday?!

A really good thing is Becky has another date with a friend who is becoming a very good friend! This mom is so hopeful. She has been through a lot and this is a little bit of a miracle. Nothing on Facebook yet. She has not told family ( I think I said this), because she wants to be sure where it is heading.

We are having warmer sunny weather and will get to go outside. I will tackle the little playhouse. I can use the broom through the windows and door to sweep but will have to wait till after daycare to use the power nozzle to clean the dust and dirt.
            The kids like cleaning the outside if I want to give them all washcloths and be in charge of wringing them out... kids and water are great in summer only!

Have a great day! Maxi, load some beach pictures!
            Beth, enjoy your company.
            Boffler, I am going to find o ran wave sounds to enjoy.
            Karlinann, thanks for always starting our day with such positive vibes!

Comment

That whole last four sentenced or so was to the accompaniment of “Paula, where is my ipad, Paula?
              over and over and over.
              Doesnt matter how many times I say “It’s at Mommy’s house.”
              That is just how it goes with a 2 1/2 year old and most older kids.., they want, they get!

Comment

Went to walmart and came home to a dark and cold house. Power is back on now and the furnace humming away to catch up. Amazing how dark the house gets when you have no sun! Had soup in the crock that needs to start over cooking. Wonder how long it had been out? But it is all back to normal now and I had stopped at my favorite 5 star restaurant for lunch. Ok, it was only a 3 pickle restaurant but it hit the spot and I am in a better mood.

Bought mainly cleaning supplies this morning and am changing out the foo foo hand soap from Bath and Body to good old antibacterial Dial. Too much disease going around. Sierra is doing her own taxes this year and keeps calling me. Had to remind her I am the one who does not do numbers and has her own phone number under contacts on my cell along with all my passwords. There is nothing from school since her scholarship had run out and we paid for the last semester so she only has her income. Hope she remembers to file with the State too...better remind her. Her first time being a big girl. I pay the taxman and will as soon as all the papers come in. She is a bright girl and can figure it out.

So my thoughts are back to their normal jumble and my rant over. Since the power is back I should do a load of laundry and have ironing but may take the afternoon off. Blues play tonight and I am beginning to smell my soup again. Bought some of those hard rolls from the bakery for dunking in the broth. I love hard rolls and can eat them as a meal.

Good morning to Boffler, Beth, Paula, Cookie, who came after me earlier.

Comment

and all is quiet again here! Most of the noisey ones are asleep and the one who isn’t knows he needs to lay there quietly if he wants me to keep the tv on

Comment

Working...
                  X