Wednesday, January 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, January 29

Good morning Rounders! It's 41 degrees, warming to the 60's with a 90% chance of rain. We sure do need that rain.

I went off the GC for almost 2 days and I still bloated, so I'm back on it. It really does help my knees, especially when the barometric pressure increases before a rain.

I didn't do much yesterday except clean these dirty floors, do a load of laundry and put a large Rosemary plant into the ground. It was the one I had in the big container and I noticed it was looking pitiful, so I knew it was rootbound. Sure enough it was rootbound and dry as a desert in the bottom. DH carted it around the house and we plopped it into the same spot where I moved the Palm tree from. The hole was super easy and it only took a few minutes to do the whole thing. The hardest thing was getting that huge Rosemary out of the pot. I hope it survives.

Today I need to secure one of the downspout drains to the gutter pipe. It pops off every big rain. I'm thinking duct tape! I used that rubber drawer liner stuff on the one at the back of the house and it works great, but I do not have any left. If I see some at the thrift store I will get it. I may go there today.

When I finish with this puzzle that is taking up our whole table I'll get out the sewing machine and take some darts in some of my capris. They fit great when I first put them on, but then they start falling down when I get active and we don't want that when you're outside working in the yard now do we.

We had spaghetti and meatballs and a salad for dinner and it was delicious. Don't know about tonight, but we are going Aldi's shopping today.

Boff, hope you're on the mend today. Cookielady, you are one busy pie making lady. Tell Aunt J I said hey! I love reading all the posts from all of you every day.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning...going to stay in today. There is a light snow in the area but it will stay south of us. I would love to have a sunny afternoon. Still snow in my yard.

Going to finish the laundry and put on a pot of stew for supper. Kitchen floor really needs attention but these guys track in every night. It is like working in a circle..no end! New shower curtain still not hung, my bed not changed. Not sure what I have been doing but it hasn't been anything that involves cleaning this house. Blues won last night in over time. Pretty good game but a late start and once I get warm we all know what happens. It has been so cool and damp that I never seem to totally warm up until I get into bed.

Karlinann I have been taking GC for years and never had a bloating problem. It sure made a difference in my knees. My knees do not work but they do not hurt and that is the important thing. However, with this constant damp around here my lungs are going to mold! I know it is affecting my sinus. But every person in this house is hale and hearty so I am not complaining...too much anyway.

Started a new afghan but not sure I will have enough yarn. Andrew came in and said he would be needing a shopping trip. Don't I know it! Everything is short on him but shirts are not as expensive as jeans and I just bought him new jeans. However when he ask to shop I am in big trouble...he even told me where he thought we should have lunch. Olive Garden! But I will try to hold him off a while until the summer clothes come out. He will need a swim suit and water shoes, too, and I will only get one trip out of him. Dad will go with us and wouldn't it be nice if Sierra did? Like the old days...I may complain but I like shopping with my grandkids. And you know reading shirts is like reading greeting cards..I wouldn't buy anything that I didn't understand. Wouldn't want to insult my grands!

Guess I'll move on and start the day. Need to start my stew. Boffler hope you are better today. Have a good one out there..

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Just soaking it in.

Yesterday was good. Ran into town. Mixed up more cookie dough, but wasn't up to baking any of it off. Ran out of energy.

My youngest niece stopped by after work to pick up the cookies I baked special for her. We had a nice chat. She's been dating this nice guy for over a year now. He's her first BF, but he seems to be THEE ONE. His family is different than my brother's, and my SIL just can't get past that. Doesn't mean it's wrong, just different. T's family eats wild game....mostly venison. They didn't have family game nights, or go on vacations, or go to amusement parks. Does that make them bad? NO! If Maddie is willing to live that way, and knows that up front, then what's the big deal? I just told her yesterday she won't change him, and she best be ready to accept it. Corky doesn't play games, but we just drive separate cars and he leaves when the games begin. No big deal. No fights or resentment then. My nephew brought his new GF to Maddie's BD dinner, and again my SIL had nothing nice to say. The girl is heavy, but has a really cute face. She's got a great job. My nephew is happy.

Today I HOPE to get the cookie doughs baked off.

Have a good one all! Olive Garden sounds really good to me. Sue & I are going shopping on Friday, and hoping to go to AppleBees fo lunch.

Comment

Good morning..work and then the dentist. I hate the dentist they have to give me laughing gas the drill bothers me so much!

Comment

Good Morning..I can actually say I slept all night without a wake up, and wanted a cup of coffee...still feel like someone has a noose around my neck and sure it will take a bit for the swelling to go down...but they say I can drive and return to as normal as I can tolerate...wish I could see some sunshine that would surely help...been to many gloomy days...had the hubby get me some dramamine and mucinex yesterday, has made a huge difference. So each day better than the last..Thanks for thinking of me...
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Yay for all the posts! Sharon, seeing yours is such a relief.

Sunny and our temps are like Karlinanns. Going up into low 60’s today and then higher 60’s!

Maxi, those shirts can get the kids in big trouble here. And sadly, no sports team shirts because some are gang colors (?!). I should ask if that rule is still in effect.
            In Japan they love English on their tee shirts but sometimes the ones made there have words that don’t make sense when we read them. Any time my grandkids wore shirts we sent Nikki said other mothers would stop her to ask where she bought their clothes. “America!” Always seemed to impress and get this: very impressed when she said her MIL bought them and sent. In Japan mothers are not very flavorful towards DIL’s. Nikki’s friends were always pretty impressed at how we had such a great relationship.

Cookielady, both our sons changed and adjusted to the two family differences. We all do. Our family was not the outdoors type and Jenni’s is. Stuart has become a biker biker and camper! He has brought Jenni into the Disney life and she has complemented what he was raised with and vice versa. My nephew is tall and skinny and his fiancée is short and plump but their interests are more than enough to have got them talking and their relationship growing. As parents we can’t get in the way or we just distance ourselves from our kids. Talking to the choir I know.

I still have not received a call or email about a quote on flooring. Monday a local business guy came and took all the measurements so just waiting now. I want to do it in sections/ rooms.

Kids will get to go out today after the lawn guys come. Hurray!

Beth, I had that laughing gas once and boy! I thought I had the funniest ideas and couldn’t wait to tell everyone. Not really, but it sure kept me ok during that root canal.

Ok, here’s to all of us having a good day!
            No shame, no blame. What gets done is good enough.
            Do I sound like I am trying to convince myself???

Comment

Working...
            X