Tuesday, January 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, January 28

Good morning Rounders! How in the world are you?

I have stopped taking the Glucasomine Chondroiten. It has too many side effects and one of them is bloating. I was bloating every day and didn't know why. Another thing is it causes high b/p. I don't need that.

My injection finally kicked in on Sunday, so that was a week and 2 days after I got it.

I redid my trellis for the Morning Glory's and made a teepee instead. Much better! I cannot believe it, but the pollen has already started here. I saw some in the birdbath and on the lounge cushions on the patio. Wow! That is really early. The only trees I saw getting growth are the Crepe Myrtles.

Nothing planned for today except a load of laundry. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Another chilly one out there. Another dreary day too.

Yesterday was rather productive though it took a long time to achieve all of it. I just didn't have much get up and go, but I knew I wanted to get it all done. I made 10 frozen pies, so now I'm ready when the restaurants call. Then I started on the cookies. Got 4/5 of the doughs baked off. Didn't cook dinner. Eventually I did make Corky's lunch food for the week. I ended up with 9 containers, so I shouldn't have to make it again until the middle of next week. I watched the remaining episodes of Virgin River on Netflix.

I'm going to pop over to Aunt Janet's to pick up some grease balls she has made up for me. I ask her about popping in here, and she just doesn't remember to do it. She hasn't been checking in at the other site she use to be faithful to also. I need to run into town and go to the bank. Not sure what the rest of my day will bring. It'll fill up I'm sure.

I'll be back. Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning! No sun here! I have forgotten what it looks like. There is a layer of something on the sidewalks and porches but I am not sure what it is. The early morning weather said the fog and mist were freezing and some things were slick so maybe that is what it is. I just decided to go back to sleep and forget it. I do have to go home today and return the papers Scott signed and sent. Sierra's last W2 came in here and I have a walmart list. We did grocery shop last night but no one felt like walmart. So I have a full day and a lot of traveling and a late start. Good thing I told them yesterday we would either eat out of order pizza. their choice!

Last night Andrew took inventory of the deep freeze so we are going to have a pot of stew this week. And he found a meat loaf. Plus I am going to make a big pot of hamburger soup per my sons request. I have not made hamburger soup for years. It was always a clean out the fridge soup and add a pound of hamburger. Need to add a loaf of Italian Bread for dunking to my list. Andrew ask for something like his mom makes and I just told him that his mom is a better cook than I am and he said 'your not bad grandma.' High praise or playing the odds since he was adding to the walmart list? Gotta love that kid...

My nephew texted he had the hockey tickets for our game. I called my sister and decided rather than have him drive here and back I would just stay with her. She thought that was a great idea since she was going to the game too. What a brave nephew I have taking his mother and aunt to a hockey game. We are not going until March and Jon said if the weather was bad he would make sure I got there and would come pick me up the next day after work. I'm excited. Also excited that hockey is back on tonight. I have missed it being off a week. Lets Go Blues!

Suppose to have some type of snow tonight but they are promising it going south and hitting my sister and maybe even far enough south to hit Scott. I do not care as long as it misses us! This side of the street still has a white ground from the last snow. I finished my afghan last night. It is ok..not anything to get excited about. It will make a good car afghan. Yes, we keep them in the car all year round. We have a long trip ahead in June and Jon will have the a/c cranked up high and the rest of us are freezing. We make stops to unthaw!

My day was no where as productive as Cookies, but I did pick up in the kitchen and sweep the floor. Need to mop in there. Took the leaf out of the table and it is back round again. With just the 3 of us at meals we do not need room and I like the change. Will be getting up checking on the roads and then heading out. I do not mind the drive but it is all country and I do not like the thought of slick roads. Hope that teller is off today but I am going to clean up my act and be sooooo nice. I will spray my hair back, dress in decent clothes and put on a coat so she doesn't think I crawled from the gutter. I have to admit I do not always dress my best so maybe I did not make a good impression while asking questions at our last meeting. And why do I need another haircut already? Hair on me grows like fat! Now that is a picture right?

Boffler hope you are feeling better. Cookie geeze you put me to shame. Tell Aunt Maye hello when you see her. No pollen here Karlinann but I wish! Have a wonderful day everyone.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Your Account should be enough to get her attention!

not sure but the youngest here is very fussy and could be sick.

up and down all morning on my lap...

Comment

Good afternoon, not ready to join the world just yet. Back to Dr. yesterday, running a temp and a constant headache, congestion. Antibiotic and Tylenol and rest. Which is fine by me. Hubby has been setting his phone alarm and keeping the Tylenol going constant getting ahead of it coming on, it has helped, he is taking good care of me. Well I am around just no energy just yet, this too shall pass. Plenty swollen and sore and the glue he used is everywhere, have to say had a much better experience in Centralia, IL with the same surgery. Guess FL will be a good place to recuperate?. Take care all.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good to hear from you, Boffler. Heartwarming that you are getting such good attention and care..and no I cannot imagine a better place to recuperate than Florida!

Went to the bank with my papers and did not have any trouble...she did remember me! But, this time I was better dressed and my hair combed..no holes in my shoes. Yes I have a holey pair of cons. They are slip ons and I am notorious for walking on the backs but they are plenty good for rain and snow. So I cleaned up my act and put on a smile and very sweetly ask if my checks were still free and I will get a paper statement. Why yes, because suddenly I am a wonderful customer. Do You know how hard it is to be nice sometimes? I am not a naturally sweet person.

It is sure doing something out there. Misted on me half the way and temps were in the 20s. Got to the bank and temp was in the 30s and spitting snow. The news said the St. Louis rush traffic was a slick ride this morning. I did not have slick roads but half way home ran back into the mist and temps dropped back into the 20s. We still have snow on the ground so must have been the cut off from the last snow storm. Funny to go a mile and see nothing. I am glad to be home and looking forward to my pizza.

Everyone knows walmart is my favorite store to bash but I saw something today that was maddening. I waited in line to check out because automatic checkout was backed up into the store aisles. Good ole walmart. So I check out and since I am still dressed up in my new flannel shirt and my hair is combed I am fine with it and polite to those around me. I load my car and look out to back up and see a women older than me pushing the carts into the store by hand...not motorized cart pusher but her back. I sat there appalled and a young customer took over to push them in the store. What is wrong with walmart? Are the store managers bad? shelves are not filled and people backed up to check out and people who should be retired pushing carts. I am so grateful I am not in that position and it makes me sad that some people need work at that age. It is any wonder this government is so divided by a bunch of haves against those who have nothing. And yet the little bit they have seems to be to much for some of those haves. Ya know?

Ok end of bitching and on to laundry. Why am I washing an adult son's jackets? Maybe because he did wash a load of shirts then left them in the washer. So here I am all dressed up and doing laundry. Do you see why I don't dress? Same old chores no matter what I look like...he he.

Comment

gosh, Sharon, sorry for the pain and soreness but so thankful you posted! Thinking healing and nice beaches for you!

Maxi, that poor Walmart worker! I know a former door greeted who everyone Loved who was terminated due to their new policy that door greeted has to be able to lift certain weight or something. Joe is in a wheelchair and has never been able to do physical labor. So now we have door greeters who barely say hi and talk with their friends and give Zero customer service.

ma We have had a bit of a struggle today. Fussy baby, another who had a dr appointment and now back. One fell asleep on the carpet after a crying tantrum because I would not let him use my phone. I covered him up and hope he stays asleep.

We had rain this morning but the sun is coming out! We are to have warmer temps starting tomorrow. Meanwhile my two cards I set out got rained on. Both have checks in them and one will need a new envelope. The name of her town is quite smeared.

I have a hair appointment after daycare and will drive them through the PO outside box.
            My hair doesn’t look too long but the gray growing out of my head sure grows fast!

Hope the rest of your day goes well Friends!

Comment

Working...
            X