Monday, January 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, January 27

Good morning Rounders! There are not many of us left.

Paula, we did not get many grinds yesterday. I think they threw them in the trash. We called a little late and maybe next Sunday they will have more, hopefully. The place where I will be working them into the soil is on the bank. It is pure sand there, plus when it rains the water just washes right down and does not saturate the soil. Maybe the grinds will give it a good shot of energy.

DH picked up a screw in one of the tires when he was coming home from church. He was going to try and put the spare tire on until we could take it to the automotive place til Monday, but we couldn't even get the jack loose from the trunk. Yes, we looked at the manual, but it said nothing about how to remove that jack. We both tried and it was so frustrating, and I finally figured out that we should call Hyundai and talk to somebody about it. They put him on the right path to view a video that shows how to remove the jack. Hurrah! They also informed him that we have Roadside Assist. Oh! We had totally forgotten that very important piece of information. So the 800 # told us someone from towing would be out to help us. The towing service fixed the flat in our driveway. Awesome! That is the first time we've ever used the Roadside Assistance # and that is one # that we will keep handy.

If you are female, drive alone, or are not handy with fixing things I highly recommend the vehicle purchase with RA. A lot of people cannot afford to have the maintenance plan that they encourage you to purchase when you buy a vehicle, so it's important to have that RA for emergencies. I would hate to be out and have a flat. I would not be able to change a flat with this arthritis and bad knees. No sirree! Thank you dear Lord for watching over me all these years. Amen. And we don't even have a cell phone! We need to get a cell phone for sure.

I watched Hallmark Mysteries pretty much all afternoon. It was a busy day with all that flat tire drama.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! It's another dreary one, but the ground is covered with a bit of snow & that brightens up the atmosphere.

Yesterday was good. After church I headed down to the kitchen. We had our quarterly Meat & Greet luncheon/potluck. We provided the turkey & biscuits, and mashed potatoes. This is the 3rd year we've had this in January. We use up all the leftover turkey & gravy/broth from the Thanksgiving meal we served. I bring it all home and made it up Saturday. I buy the FROZEN Grand Biscuits and they taste SOOOOO good. I'm always asked if I made them myself....yea right...I made them...I put them on the tray & baked them. LOL! I bugged out of there at 1pm to get home & get started on card night food. I try not to feel guilty for not staying to the end, but I put in a lot of hours Saturday preparing.

I planned to come home, prepare 2 Samoa pies and make the Orange Chicken. We I was pooped, and sat down with Cork to watch an episode of NCIS. Didn't help my energy level, but afterwards I HAD to make the chicken. Took that, some fresh made applesauce, and the cheesecake I made Saturday. The cheesecake was a huge success. Now my Mom & SIL hated it, but they aren't big cream cheese lovers or the texture of it. Too bad, so sad. The rest of us LOVED it. Becca came down and was our 4th. She REALLY wants to move closer. I consider that a compliment. Both our girls want to be in close proximity to the family. Only 6 more weeks until our Florida trip. Yes, it's just Becca & me.

Today I hope to get things caught up here. No big plans on the calendar for this week. Today I hope to make up 4 Samoa pies & 6 PB pies. All for the freezer. I know that won't last me long, but I don't have any more Oreos for more crusts. It's a start. I still have those 5 cookie doughs to bake off. I need to make 6 doz ground hog sugar cookies this week. So many projects I'd like to get completed.

Hope we hear from Sharon today. KA...we gave both of our girls AAA memberships for Christmas. Gave Becca the basic one because I'm sure she has roadside assistance with her newer car, but Kathy is more of desperate case. LOL!

Time to get busy....have a good one all!

Comment

Morning..a foggy morning. Why can't we just have a normal oh look the sun is coming up morning? Winter weather predicted for tomorrow night into Wednesday then a warm up. Did we miss the January thaw? Still have snow on shady side of the street. Guess who lives on the shady side of the street?

I had the tv on all afternoon yesterday while I worked on my afghan but not sure what I watched. Must not have been something stimulating. Working in the last skein of yarn and think I might edge my afghan since it is a loose stitch. This yarn just worked up with a loose stitch and I have enough to give it an edge to protect the sides. Today I am going to do something....anything! Just need to get motivated and stop the filth from taking over. Being clean is a constant battle. Why is it so hard and time consuming just to be clean?

When I lived back home I called the dealer and he sent someone to fix a flat. I loved small town living! But I do think I have some sort of a service on the auto insurance. I know Scott has gotten flats fixed along the interstate and turned in the bill to the insurance and we have the same auto insurance company. Thank goodness I have been lucky with flat tires. Remember when our dads took us all out and taught us how to change a flat? And now they make it so hard you cannot even find the jack if you even have a spare tire. Wonder what the dads of yesteryear would think of hidden jacks needing videos to unhook? Have we really come a long way,Baby?

Hope Boffler is doing ok. And that each of you had a wonderful weekend and are ready to face the week. I will face it when the fog clears up and I can see the day!!

Comment

Good morning..,working today..cooking class tonight.

I guess my dad will be here tomorrow. He is coming to help with a project at my sisters. I won’t see a whole lot of him and that’s fine. I think I will feed him breakfast and mayb a snack at night.

Comment

Good morning. I came home yesterday afternoon, still not feeling great, this carotid surgery a lot worse than the first one I had. Had. Rough night so have an appt. to see the Dr. been running a temp, very sore throat from the vent and a headache that just won’t go away. And nausea. My neck looks horrible and glue everywhere. The Dr. told hubby that the blockages were really bad lucky I didn’t stroke out. What I want now is to feel better and get my spunk on?They kept me an extra day because I got sick the morning I was to leave. Bless hubby’s heart he stayed with me almost all the time. Thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes. I had my IPad and phone with me but just did not feel up to messing with them.
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Hope you get to feeling better quickly. Glad they kept you an extra day....they do not always do that anymore. You DO have a good hubby. Take care of yourself!

• karlinann
            karlinann commented
            Editing a comment
            Boffler, missed you something fierce here, but more importantly I'm sure as heck glad to hear from you. Those old blockages!!!! Sending you warm hugs and much love to both you and your DH who helped you through it. Rest and take care! Many blessings!

Good morning! We actually got some beautiful sun yesterday and then when it started to rain a Stunning rainbow! Now we have more puddles. It was a beautiful few moments, though.

The interview went well. It is a very ok reason for changing and I know the other daycare provider. They told me she said, oh I love Paula! It may or may not work out with their work: wife may quit to do school full time and I told them I understand and no problem for me if they end up doing that and not needing care.
          I turn away so many.

Our pizza was a bit disappointing. The crust was not up to its usual standard but we got our fix and also decided we will not do take and bake next time.

I wish I had something new and exciting to share. Right now I am so happy to see the last week of this long month.
          I have a flooring guy coming to give me an estimate on new flooring for my daycare. He has a flooring shop and I am tired of trying to work in handymen who are so busy they don’t need work.

I have to go find a yucky smell before he arrives. Diapers !
          Have a great day and enjoy the countdown to the end of this month!

Comment

Working...
          X