Wednesday, January 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, January 15

Good morning Rounders! Wow! This month is half over.

Yesterday I cast the Pink Baby's Breath and it was a whole bottle of seed. I should have a bunch of it to come up and reseed and next year at this time it will be blooming from the cast off seed.

DH says our vehicle should turn off the lights automatically and said vehicle is 3 and 1/2 years old and the battery just died because we don't drive it very far and it doesn't build up enough charge. Whatever? I still think you should turn things off.

Yesterday evening we had company. Our neighbor's daughter & DH dropped in for a quick visit. They live in TN and she is a Nurse Practitioner and he works for AT&T. We got caught up on things and they are planning a trip to Italy. On their own. No Travel Agent involved. To me that would be so scary, but they are young enough and smart enough to do it. She is hoping her mom will go to TN and have hip surgery because she has a fractured hip and she told her mom sometimes that hip may break and then you'll have a bad fall and it can lead to many complications. I sure hope they can convince her to go and have it done.

Today is trash day and Aldi's shopping day. Fun! We are doing a very complicated puzzle and have been on it for 3 days now. It's a snow scene with lot's of evergreens, houses, and a train. The train was easier than I thought.

Yesterday I cleaned the little bits of plants coming up in my walkway. We have flowers, Elm trees, and weeds coming up. They are miniscule, but if you leave them in they grow and then it's difficult to get them out. I transplant the flowers, pull out the Elm tree seedlings and weeds. If you get those little Elm tree seedlings when they first sprout you're better off. There are so many seeds on those trees.

I wish you health and happiness.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning Karliann and all that follow...there must be a change in weather coming the way my head feels, the barometric pressure does that to me, making me dizzier than I am already....(no pun intended for the blondes out there)

Not much on my schedule today, don't have to decide on anything for supper we will not be here, have my testing at 5:20 and have to fast for 4 hrs. so will find a place to eat afterwards, probably use one of the gift cards we have.

That's all I have to say about that.....so hope everyone is feeling as fit as possible, and having some nice weather, and have at least one thing that will bring a smile to your face...Goodday mate..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Cold here with storm warnings and possible power outage due to high winds!
      Keeping the heat up and a smile on!

Morning..foggy out there this morning. It was beginning to get foggy last evening with all the moisture and warm air. It is like walking on a sponge out there!

Today is lunch with the school chums. I am not overly excited about going since it is in a side mall and I am not sure which one plus we all know how crazy I am about these social gatherings. I just wish I could find a graceful way to not ever go again. Anyway, it will be pizza for supper. Have a ton of laundry and do not know how I got so far behind already. Tomorrow will have to be a stay home and do something day. I was home yesterday but did not seem to do anything. Did run to walmart and spent a bunch of money. Funny how you save up the list of things you can't get at the grocery store and how they add up in cost. I did buy a book that caught my eye...and we needed light bulbs and batteries...adds up.

Blues play tonight. Always a good thing to look forward to. Good luck with your testing Boffler. Isn't it amazing the size of a root on a bitsy little tree? We mainly have oak starts and it fascinates me when you pull one and at one end of the acorn is the tree and out the bottom of the same nut is the root. All inside one little nut.

It is early so no rush to leave here. Going to have another cup of coffee..I do have to leave early since it is a long drive and I need gas but I won;t dress up. That will show them right? If I showed up dressed up anyplace people would faint. I may tell you I am a snazzy dresser but I am not! LOL!

Have a wonderful day everyone. Don't let anyone talk you into doing something you do not want to..one of us is enough!

Comment

Morning...I agree with the weather thing boffler..my head is feeling it too!!

So far the semester is off to a good start! I am at a different station and helping with another one. I really like both spots so far!! The two busiest ones most days for lunch it really makes the time fly and I come home exausted. Over time I will get used to all of it.

no plans for this evening.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        What stations, Beth?

I am reading posts and spooning food into the babies ( both a little over 1).
      All kids are well and here and it is a trash and lawn day, so noise will be at high level today. I am trying for patience and staying focused.

I cooked hamburgers for our lunch and hoping the power stays on. Not a safety shut off just worry about high winds and old power company equipment.

We have acorns that are dropped by birds and so that is what I pull up: little oaks before they become too mighty for me to pull.
      Cold here and there was ice on my garbage bin handle!

I found a cookie recipe using a cake mix that I Like! You add cream cheese and a few other flavorings. Really good and no one could tell they started with a cake mix. I am trying another one this morning that the adds in sour cream. Sometimes I need to make them quickly but still good enough to put my name with them.

I hope we all have a good day! I am starting my tax gathering a little late but doing anything with these kids is a bonus!

Comment

Andrew's mother makes a gooey butter cookie from a cake mix. Delish and she always makes sure I get a plate...only problem is she only bakes them at Christmas! I am off to my lunch..have covered my scabby nose with a bandaid but the ones on my cheek will
        just have to hang out. The dermatologist is not much concerned about my face interfering with my big social schedule. Especially around these chums that wear makeup and have their hair done up. Maybe they will stop inviting me? One can hope.

I would hate to have the worry of power outages hanging over me. Takes a pretty big storm for us to lose power...The power company is very good about trimming trees to prevent that. Just wish I didn;t lose it so often with the satellite tv and internet. Well I gotta go and leave time to make wrong turns and get lost. My one friend did text this morning with directions and a good luck. Sad isn't it to be known as the one most likely to get lost.

Comment

Working...
        X