Tuesday, January 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, January 14

Good morning Rounders! I washed down the back side of our house yesterday morning and I was completely worn out after one hour. I am just going to forget about the rest of the house.

I scrubbed the lounge chair cushions with that Awesome Degreaser and it bleached out a spot or two.
    The cushions are okay. They were free and so were the patio chairs. It sure brought the mold off them and they look pretty good. They have a floral pattern and it sort of disguises the spots.
    It is powerful stuff, but it did not remove the mold stains on the aluminum siding. It was on there when we bought the house and I have tried just about every cleaner you can think of. Even bleach does not take it off. Oh well!

I found a new frond on the Palm tree. It is going to be okay and I was elated to see that frond coming. I will look forward to all new fronds coming.

I sowed California Poppy seeds yesterday afternoon. I hope they do better this year.

Who knows what today will bring. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning, a pretty heavy frost out there this morning, I have no plans of doing anything today, just watching Netflix, LOL...the biggest chore of the day is trying to decide what to fix for supper, leaning toward meatloaf. I remember when all the kids where home I had to use 3 lbs of ground beef, now I use one and have leftovers...things change for sure.

Got an antibiotic yesterday, per my usual, aspirated pneumonia, also got set up for two more test, thyroid ultrasound and CT scan of the lungs...it just never ends, LOL...but I just keep on keeping on, the Dr. said yesterday, "you always have a positive attitude". You have to or you could go nuts with worry...Our lives are already mapped out for us, can't change the course of things.

Yesterday after my appt. I managed to go to Kohl's and do my exhange there, then onto the grocery store to pick up a few things and get my prescription, and hubby meets me at the gas pumps so we can fill up with gas, cents off a gallon, fills mine first then puts it his vehicle...All that wore me out, came home, got on my flannel bottoms and thermal top, and got comfy. My supper was Progresso loaded potato soup and a garlic bread stick...just because it sounded good...and it was...love their soup.

Well time to get comfy for the day and enjoy my Netflix....

karliann, take a break, you and jostoy are always working way to hard...

Maxie I think you had a full day planned yesterday?

Paula, I have to admire you with all the children you care for, that is not a profession I could do...my nerves would be shot..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning. Meat loaf is a favorite around here. I also make 3 pounders and if I am lucky I can get a sandwich the next day. Andrew can eat nothing but meat! Tonight is pancakes and scrambled eggs. Just came to me and sounded good. Need to check if we have sour cream and salsa for my eggs. Andrew slathers his with ketchup or ranch.

May run to walmart to pick up the things I can only get there. I just get in there and spend more money on stuff it is questionable that I even need. Been working on my afghan and it is finally getting some length. Blues won last night. And what about the baseball scandal? Shame on Houston but bet they are not the only team guilty. It is a shame that this is the way of the world anymore.

Betting I can find a load or two of laundry. Dishwasher needs unloading. Jon is back to watching his sugar more carefully so there are not any feeding frenzies I need to clean up mornings. He got off track at Christmas and his last sugar count was high. Maybe that is why he made green beans a side with the spaghetti last night? How strange was that? I am more into a salad! Oh well, he cooked and I ate and no one said anything about those green beans...he could serve them again tonight if he wanted to cook the pancakes. Ya know?!

I am going to find a Dollar Tree and look for that degreaser, Karlinann. We get green mold growing on the north side of the house every summer. It wipes off with the power washer or I can get it with a magic eraser if it is low enough but that stuff sounds pretty good. There may be a Dollar Tree over by Pantera's...want to stop by there anyway since they are finally serving french onion soup again. Rest up and take care of yourself Boffler. There is a lot of sickness going on around here. Resting you warm jammies and thinking about that warm Florida sun should make you feel better. That and the meds!

Slept in a bit this morning so need to get my second cup of coffee in and start the day. Have a good one everyone!

Comment

OMG? Our car battery was dead this morning. DH was on his way to the gym and it wouldn't start. We had to wait for the automotive place to open and they came over fast. It was a dead battery because someone didn't turn the lights off and it drained the battery. He thought they went off automatically. I bet he will think twice now when he gets out of the vehicle. I've told him a million times to turn everything off before turning off the engine.
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, sorry!!!

Well one boy still out with a fever and one baby so fussy that it will not be noticeable I have less kids today. One of those Good news/ Bad news things.

The meatloaf for the shelter last month went over so well that we are going to do it again next month.

Cold this morning and I am hoping the wind we had yesterday does not return! I was in and out after daycare and it was cold!
        I was taking a shower chair to a friend who just had heart valve surgery, then went to the pot luck and the wind made my hair crazy! I got out my crocheted head band for today just in case.

Not much to report... oh, wait!
        When my brother and niece were finished at her colonoscopy ( which went perfectly with great results!) they went shopping and sent me pictures of the shoe and boot store Hannah and I had talked about. They asked me what my favorites were and Hannah texted a picture of her with four different colors and Then they texted My boots would be shipped to me!!! I just smiled through the rest of my day!

Stay warm everyone and have a good day!
        Karlinann, I hope those poppies come up!
        At my mothers I saw violets coming up all over her front yard and that just makes me happy, too! I need to keep my eye out here for those signs of saner temps.
        At least it is lighter longer, I am noticing.

Comment

Working...
        X