Sunday, January 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, January 12

Good morning Rounders! I did more garden/patio clean up yesterday. You know all those leaves that blew away before I put them in the cans to compost? Well, for the past three days the wind has been blowing them back into my yard, so I pick them up and put them in the cans. I also cleaned out the trough planting bed next to the foundation. It was full of leaves.

I cleaned out the grids of the huge pavers on the patio. There were all kinds of seedlings and weeds growing in the cracks. One of the pavers had to be leveled. Those things are huge and heavy, but I got it. I tore out the trellis that I had made for the Morning Glories last summer. The string was molded and thrown away. The dead vine was put into the compost and the seeds left on the vine were cast into my MG seed bed for this years trellis. I want to do a vertical trellis instead of the teepee trellis. It will look like a wall of MG vines hopefully and offer some shade and privacy to the patio.

Yesterday I took down the old brackets that I had put over the large living room window a couple of years ago. They were to hold curtains that I no longer had hanging. That room has a blind that is 96 inches and that is all it needs. I have to block out the intense sun in summer, but I like to open it in winter and I don't like dust collectors. I had to spackle the holes left by the screws. I did that job before DH left for the gym because of my vertigo.

Oh, btw, my PM doctor showed me the Youtube video of that exercise you do with the pillow and your head is hanging off it and you turn your head to the side. Well, I said I'd try it. I did and it made me so sick and brought on a wicked vertigo attack. No, I won't do that again.

I also cleaned these dirty floors and did a load of laundry. The floors are almost a daily thing.

Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning....looks like Karliann was hard at it again yesterday.

Maxie the cake is called a tres leches cake, I am not a fan of it. Paula we love Cincinnati chili, not one we want often but sure enjoy it when I make it..
    Josephine I put cellular blinds on my windows in Salem, IL...And I did like them...here I put blinds on all the windows but hubby is not a fan of having windows covered here, even with curtains, he wants to be able to see outside... You are bound and determined to be crippled up with that back of yours...

Still not feeling the greatest, will call Drs. office in the morning, I am thinking I have a tad bit of pneumonia in my lungs..getting tired of the chills, low grade temp, nausea. Have to get this stuff taking care of so I can still go to FL.

Hoping to have a little ambition today, need to clean some bathrooms and fold some towels...and maybe clean out a drawer or two in one of the spare bedrooms...something I can sit down to do...Got the results back from my CT scan, I have it set up so I can see all my test and blood work...from what I have read it isn't sounding good, about a 90% blockage so I guess I do see surgery in my future...also have degeneration in my cervical spine, and atherosclerosis which is hardening of the arteries...even though my cholesterol is low and the good and bad cholesterol are great, I am predisposed for it because of my families history and the was we process cholesterol, Dr. said I could eat greens to the cows came home but it wouldn't change anything.

I guess I am at a point in life with all my health issues I am really starting to realize how short life can be...and feel bad for my hubby, children and grandkids...I want to be better..

Well here it is 32 degrees and a dusting of snow...we have flooding all around us and I can well imagine that there could be some black ice out there...as I am sitting here Sam the cat if meowing all through the house calling for his brother Rufus, been 7 months and he is still looking and meowing, driving us nuts..

Well think I will check my mail, read some news and then see what the day holds for me..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...My family really got me!! The party yesterday that I thought was for my niece was actually a surprise party for me.
      It was wonderful once I got over the surprise and Shock..I wanted to post a picture of my cake but the picture is too big..

My break from work is over. I start back this afternoon.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that is awesome! They pulled off a great surprise!

Morning everyone! It is cold and snowy here too. The ground is totally covered with white and from the sounds of it last night mostly sleet. It hit the windows hard for a long time yesterday. Not sure how much snow/sleet we got but everything is covered, even the road because there has not been a snow plow yet. Jon worked today and hasn't said how bad the roads are but I am not leaving the house for sure!

Boffler sorry about your heath issues. I thought when they found blockages they take care of them immediately? Always something to do in and around the house...one thing I have earned since living here is if I don't do it it will not get done and the biggest thing I have learned is it is not important and as long as you can stuff something into a drawer it is plenty good and clean enough. Don't push yourself to do something you really don't want or need to do. Make a list of all the things your husband has to do to get ready for this wonderful trip to Florida. That will keep you busy and resting at the same time.

Yesterday I did do a couple loads of laundry but mostly sat and crocheted and watched movies. I have never seen the last Brigit Jones movie where she has the baby and then watched both Grumpy old Men movies. Why do they still make me laugh? Did not order a pizza because of the roads. We are not one of those people who will stay off the roads in bad weather but send someone's teenager out to deliver my pizza. But maybe tonight? All the leftovers from last week are gone and I am not in the mood to cook anything. Donna, I do not know where you find those things on face book but they sure do fit me! People have no idea how exhausting it is to do nothing! And today I have no plans either. You know when I will clean? the week before we leave on vacation! I cannot come home to a messy house so will clean and pick up and kill myself the week before we leave. An on the morning we leave I will have every bed made and laundry caught up and pillow fluffed so I do not have to come in to a mess. Ok, so my house is cleaned every couple of years....we live with it!

Well, my coffee is cold so need to get up and fix another cup. Have a wonderful Sunday...hope you call all sit and be waited on. That would be my dream!

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie they found a blockage on an ultrasound of my carotid, then I was sent for a stress test, then I was set up for the CT scan, that is to see it better or any other area from neck up and they have a 'map' to better see when doing the surgery, and now I don't see the Dr. until Friday so nothing moves very fast, unlike in IL it went real fast of the emergency kind...they also found a nodule on my thyroid, which has been there but will see if the size has changed and if they want to do anything more....in the meantime I am concerned about my month vacation.. Would be a whole lot of money to lose.

Good morning! It will just be me and Becky going to church: the lady in the wheelchair is not feeling well. Lifting the wheelchair is so awkward that although I am sorry she isn’t feeling good, I am relieved not to have to deal with it.
      Last week when we were parking a family parked next to us and I asked the young dad to help me and he did and said he would take care of loading it after church!
      m
      Why I keep hitting an m I do not know.. Yesterday was good! I went to Redding and Costco and did not over buy which is very easy to do. I went by Hobby Lobby but did not find anything there just enjoyed looking. Next I went to GoodWill and found drakes! For my room which I wasn’t looking for but when I saw them and their perfect condition I decided I needed them!

I had already done grocery shopping in Red Bluff so I headed back home and went out for a late lunch early dinner. I was a couple of hours too early for prime rib so I ordered steak and had a great meal.

I found a favorite movie on : Return to Me. It makes me cry and happy ending no matter how many times I watch it. They posted it came out 20 years ago!
      Becky was at a home watching the 49’ers game. The guy she is getting to know called and asked her over ( he was down here at his friends). Who knows if this will go anywhere and as the mom I am just being quiet and letting her talk. (Not at all an easy task for me!). She is still saying not to tell her brothers who will ask too many questions...

I have a pork tenderloin to cook after church and some handwashing laundry.
      Boffler, hope the doctor gives you whatever it takes for you to be able to go on your vacation!

I need to get going: hair and morning chai! Not in that order.
      Take care if you have to venture out in the winter storms.

Comment

Good afternoon all.

Boff, F.W. is just like Robinson....no one making a line at the end of my driveway to help do a blessed thing. Therefore, if anything is going to get done, I have to do it myself. I did call a "complete" contractor last week about doing some plumbing work under the house, and other things here in the house, like putting up new shower door in the guest bathroom, a new stool in the master bathroom, and etc.

BUT I refuse to pay for anything I can do. Soreness and hurtfulness will pass eventually. Besides, with arthritis you are to keep moving, otherwise things will stiffen up so bad you can't move.

Went to Church alone today. L is feeling under the weather today. She has to be better for tomorrow night as that is her great-grand-son's first birthday. I guess the "real party" isn't until the 25th when it's the great-grand daughter's 5th birthday. At least my niece said both their birthday party would be then. I guess tomorrow night's dinner is so we can get that picture of chocolate cake all over him.

Enough of my blathering.....hope all are having a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
        X