Saturday, January 11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, January 11

Good morning Rounders! I think I got into some poison ivy root while I was cleaning out the border along the garage. I have an itchy rash along my arm and nothing seems to take away the itch. Even Benadryl!

I did a major renovation in the garden yesterday. First I moved some of my lettuce plants from the garden to the border around the patio. Then I moved the pavers back around my garden. I had moved them to make mowing easier, but I like the way they look around the patio garden edge. Next I moved the Palm tree from the container into the ground. It's still alive. The roots look fine. I put it between the Blackberry bushes. It's close enough to the patio to shelter my plants and me from that brutal evening sun in the summer. I hope it thrives.

Next I reset the stepping stones for the path through the garden. They are still not level, but it looks so good. Now I have 2 ways to get through the garden to the patio.

I also redid the drain hose at the corner of the house. I replaced the old metal one with plastic drain hose. I will keep the metal in case we ever need it. There is nothing wrong with it at all, it's just not pliable.

I was worn out. I sat out on the patio and crocheted on my rug and used up the rest of the T shirt yarn. Next trip to the thrift shop I will buy more T shirts to make yarn. My rug is looking good.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning..Holy Cow Karlinann, you wore me out just reading all you did yesterday! And you did it outside...now that turns me a little green. Yesterday it rained...was warm but rained. Last night it poured and when I went to bed later it was to the sounds of a thunder storm. There were tornado warnings just west of us but we only had severe storm warnings. Today the temps will drop all day from the 60s to the 30s and the rain will turn into snow this afternoon. I do not care...Jon has my car today and I had no plans to leave the house anyway. His new car has a leaky back window and cannot get it in until Tuesday so with all the rain I am car less. That means Tuesday I have to drive his car to the garage. I have never drove his car with all its fancy stuff. Maybe I can talk him into leaving it on Monday night? I hate driving a strange car that far.

Yesterday I did the ironing...all of it! Even Andrew came in and said I know what you did today because I had two doorways full of hanging shirts. While ironing Jon's friend called. He is the one who checked on me when I lived back home after a storm or snow. We chatted a bit then back to ironing! I also crocheted yesterday Karlinann. I had not touched my afghan since before Christmas and it was nice to just sit. The satellite kept going in and out last night so I did not see if they found the little boy on Blue Bloods. I texted Sierra and her response was she didn't watch that program. What? Everyone watched Blue Bloods I thought. Darn satellite went out at the time when all stories were being tied up...gotta wait for the rerun. So I just went to sleep. How frustrating...

Today I am hoping to just sit and crochet. Or maybe just sit. Never know what I will do. I do think I need to get some get up and go back. Getting old should not be an excuse to let things go. I think it is a matter of the mind is willing but the body is a few steps back and all this rain just stiffens it up more. Hope to order pizza tonight and the Blues play at home. Our pizza delivery place closed before Christmas so we have been ordering from the Casey's (gas station) and they are delish. Wish I could have discovered them sooner. I do hate their bread sticks so we stopped ordering them. Yucky greasy things but the cheese on that pizza is to die for! And they deliver in the boonies. I know it is sad to think about supper while drinking morning coffee. Just sad!

Have a great day people. Boffler hope you are feeling better..

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning Maxie we were typing at same time, sounds like you stayed at the ironing board all day, while I read that I remembered my many years of ironing, hubby's shirts for work (corporate casual), pants, and three kids pants, shirts, etc. sure don't miss those days, and so many times I let it build up for two weeks and it was awful...backbreaking...

I am much slower at getting things done now that I am older and a bit of health issues, but on days I am feeling good I try and accomplish things...and then I think, "no rush, only me and hubby" noone to see it or know it but us...

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie they found the boy and the man testified. DH watches it.

Good Morning to all...a very windy morning with more to be expected...also flood warnings, I think I shall just stay inside, chili is already made and has had a day to sit in the fridge and enhance the flavor, make it thick so I can have it over spaghetti, covered with cheddar cheese and chopped onion...

Went to the birthday gathering at Longhorn last night, people being late, and I mean really late does not seem to bother them, our poor waitress, was so accommodating but all I could think of was wow we are holding her table hostage...was supposed to be table for ten which ended up being a table for 13 and three children...the Mother was the birthday girl was so embarrassed as this was our first time for meeting everyone...what was unbelievable to me is no one apologized for being late, adding people to the guest list, etc. Wish my son would head for the hills, and it was uncomfortable my son and hubby really never spoke to any of them, they were talking to each other, I being the social one was interacting with others...grrrrrrr, uncomfortable evening...I ordered off the childs menu, 6 oz. sirloin but instead of all that came with that just ordered a baked sweet potato...was able to eat about 4 ozs. of steak and half of potato...she had a beautiful milk cake for her daughter, which she loves, I am not a fan of those kinds of cake, hubby and I split a piece which neither one of us could finish because we just don't like it.. It was raining all the way home a little over 45 minute drive but the rain made for a nasty drive home...was glad to get in comfy clothes and sit down to watch what I had recorded while gone.

Bought a queen size set of sheets from Kohls, which had a price of $119.00 but I had Kohl's cash and other things to bring price down to $31.00, well after washing them I was not happy, the top area of the sheet is so out of proportion you would have to iron it to make it look right, and one pillowcase is not even sewn all the way, the material did not come together...I can sew the pillowcase, will do that, just don't want the hassle of returning it...if I had paid the original price for it I would have been a whole lot more upset, and I realize in a way I did with the Kohl's cash I used....I had already been there returning a few items, but I received a purse that was a big larger than I wanted, searched on line to get one for the same price, same one only smaller, it showed they had one in store, well they did not, so had to order it and now will do an exchange when it comes in....another grrr..

I used up all energy I had yesterday getting my CT Scan done and then the birthday party, today will be a stay in be lazy kind of day, except to sew the pillowcase so hubby can make the bed in motorhome, starting to get things around for FL trip.

Hope it isn't to windy in your next of the woods.

Karliann, you are always planting and replanting, moving things around, etc. wears me out just reading it all, so glad you have the time, patience and energy to do all of that....plus 'rugging' it, LOL
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! It's been raining here, but not as much as your area Maxie. We usually get your weather the next day, but they aren't predicting the cold weather returning here until next week sometime.

Yesterday was semi-productive. NOTHING like yours KA! Ditto what Maxie said. I didn't accomplish near what I had hoped, but oh well. I got text from all 3 restaurants, so I spent part of the afternoon preparing their orders. Got 2 out of 3 of them delivered. The 3rd one had to sit overnight & chill.

Waiting to hear from Kathy. Don't know if she's getting Blaise or not. They must still be sleeping. We had a long conversation last night when she called. She said she doesn't remember much of her teen years. I told her I remember every moment & that it was horrible. She doesn't know why we didn't just disown her. I wanted to. I'm not one of those amazing parents. I don't know how those parents do it that have kids that struggle with alchol & drugs. Kathy told me that Liz broke up with Kody (Blaise's birthfather). Sad. I like her. We'll see if that gets fixed or not. Kathy's afraid how Blaise will take it. I told her he'll take it in stride because she's done it so many times that he's kind of use to it.

Not sure what today will bring. I've already stripped our bed & remade it. Straightened the living room & bathroom. Will finish both rooms once Blaise is awake & moving. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the peace & quiet.

Maxie...I LIVE to eat, and am always thinking ahead. In fact, I'm already thinking of where we'll go to eat on vacation in March.
      Sharon...what's milk cake? Guess I could look it up, but want to hear your description.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Is it that tres leches cake??? I don’t like it either.

i love reading all your posts! My day is starting slowly because my back is a bit sore. My one toddler is heavy and by the end of a full 5 day week I am in need of my rub in cream and my two days off.

Sharon, I think the reason I did not miss my one red satchel I just found is the size is wrong for me: too big for normal day use and not something I would use on a trip because of the color. Impulse shopping, I guess. And after using my one tote I love that was in the box, I think I k ow why it was put up: no real compartments inside and I have to dig around for my wallet, glasses, etc. oh, well. I am not complaining because it still feels like I found money ( since I did not buy a replacement!)

Karlinann, I did a bit of work in the yard while the kids played! Raked leaves that were under the crape myrtle and then cut back the rose bush that was growing out into the kids play space where they run by.
        It is foggy this morning and supposed to rain both days of our weekend so that may be all I get done for awhile.

I was ironing a few shirts for Becky and decided I don’t need a new ironing board. Mine is not wonderful but I don’t have enough ironing and my iron is wonderful, so I am good!

And food? Yes! Planning all the time!
        Boffler, any time I see on tv Cincinnati chili I Want it!
        Our meal was so well received at the shelter last night. I stayed to serve, too. I purposely put one casserole in one of my favorite 9x13 pans so I would stay and get it back. Good thing I did: Becky got home late and did not want to go over with me. I did fine. One of the shelter board members is a cousin and he was there and everyone is helpful carrying in hot food. We might have had a little too much but who knows what today’s meal will be. They always eat up our food.

Maxi, I like the idea of taking the car on Monday and letting Jon drive you.
        Rainy and dark is not conducive to my driving temperament.
        Speaking of: I am going to Hobby Lobby today! I have never been to one and have today free. I also want ( not need) to go to Costco but that sometimes turns into a huge $$$ amount for non essentials, but they will get used, right?
        m Becky is doing her research work today and I will be happier going out than tip toeing around here. Someone who was doing the work dropped out so she is taking on more and trying to catch it all up.

My day should be interesting and I will close because that font size just changed.

Comment

Good morning I slept 11 hours last night. I think mom and dad and the animals were all in bed by 930. Mom is already gone with my sister to help finish up last minute stuff. Daddy and I will leave in about 45 meaning I need to get my act together. We will head for my sisters and pick up my youngest niece and her best friend and head for my other nieces party

Comment

Good afternoon all.

Nothing on my agenda today. My back is so sore and hands are hurting from Uncle Arthur. Too many times up and down the ladder yesterday, and too much screwing with a screw driver. I put up my new cordless cellular blinds in the front room. Sure do like them. Am thinking about buying them for all my windows eventually. But I'd get the room darkening ones for my bedroom.

We have had rain ever since yesterday before daylight. They are talking about rivers flooding around here. Thank goodness, no wind or tornadoes are being forecasted. The ice and snow are to stay just north of F.W. that is forecasted for tomorrow morning.

Time to get a bite to eat. Everyone have a great day.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Oh thank you Karlinann, I thought they would find the boy but needed to be sure. The worst thing about satellite tv is that it goes out with heavy rain or snow . And always at that crucial minute!

Comment

Working...
              X