Friday, January 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, January 10

Good morning Rounders! It was a beautiful day yesterday and I worked outside moving more plants to the Bank. This is the opposite side of the Bank, close to the backyard. I had dug out the grass back in the fall and now it needs plants in to start blooming and drop seed and continue the cycle. I moved about twenty plants in all.

The big weeds have already started growing and I'm pulling those out by the root before they go to seed this year. That is my mission anyway, to eradicate my lawn of the nasty weeds. Some of them have hundreds of seeds on them.

I moved the other little tomato from the matching container and put some Sword Ferns and Purple Hearts in the pot on the front porch. They are tall and stately looking and make a good impression. LOL!

Today I have another chore to attend to. It's the downspout at the side of the garage. Currently I have the old original downspout metal that needs a drain pipe attached to it that will direct the water away from the foundation. What is directing it now is the old metal and it looks like it's seen better days. I have the black plastic drain pipe ready to go, just need to cut it to size.

I do have another craft project lined up for spring. I need to repaint my old trunk. We found it at the curbside and it was okay, but I painted it with the chalk paint and it's too chalky, (I put too much baking soda) in the paint. I will give it a good sanding and repaint it. Then I'm going to place it in our bedroom on top of a wicker coffee table that is already in there. This will make it higher and I can keep the pillows on top of it or a quilt. I need things to be at waist level so I don't have to bend over as much. I do enough of that in the garden.

My B/P is so normal this morning! I am getting a tan working out there in the sun every day. Farmer's Tan! LOL!!!

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning..dinner with friends last night was wonderful!!!
    I am headed to breakfast with my family. Then ordering new glasses then starting prep for my nieces birthday party tomorrow..I am sure will find some sort of trouble.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Birthday Beth. Have a good day.

Good Morning to all...its a rainy morning out so assuming it is a bit warmer, the change in weather always gives me a headache. Already had my shower, I am dressed, missing my coffee, but nothing to eat or drink this morning before the cat scan. Always hate that you can't eat or drink which makes it harder to find an already hard person to find veins on. Hubby and I will go out for breakfast afterwards, my reward, LOL....other than that not much happening we are invited to a birthday dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse for our sons girlfriends daughter, so no cooking tonight...Hubby did my grocery shopping yesterday I was just not up to it...so whatever it is that I have it is really hanging on...just have to run its course...

Have a good day one and all..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning..been having heavy rain showers come through this morning and knock out the satellite. The weather guys are saying the heaviest rain will be tonight. If it is heavier than some of these we will be in big trouble! Rain will end as snow tomorrow night. Right now the temps are in the 60s and then will drop to support snow tomorrow. Gotta love midwest weather.

I will be home alone today so hope to iron. Changed my bed and all the laundry is caught up. Ran out for groceries yesterday. Didn;t need much but I do not have to get out in bad weather this weekend. I hate driving in the rain...then again it is getting so I hate driving in the sun. Maybe if I would just break down and get my eyes checked? You know I can spend money on the biggest, junkiest things but complain about the price of glasses. Jon carried in groceries for me yesterday and started putting them away and then ask it it was shop for mom day...well, the valentine candy is out ya know. Candy hearts and sweet tart hearts and cinnamon jelly hearts. Things you can munch while watching hockey. AND the Blues won last night!

Beth glad you are enjoying the last days before break is over. Karlinann, what did you do to the inside of the truck? We refinished one years ago and had a hard time with the inside smelling musty. Could not keep anything that would carry the smell in it. Scott took it when I moved...it was a camel back we painted its natural black and had silver colored bands across the top and middle. There was some rusting my husband repaired and it really was a pretty thing. One man's treasure is another's trash. Ain't it the truth?

It is pretty early around here but maybe i will get an early start. It is Friday so no cooking...plenty of leftovers anyway. Have a good day each of you.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie, the inside of this trunk is clean. It smells clean and I didn't have to do anything to it. It's a cheap trunk and I keep crafting stuff in it.

Years ago I had an antique Steamer Trunk. It was really nice, but when we moved to Florida I had to give it away.

Good Friday to you al! for some reason when I went to the store the other night I bought chorizo sausage and then made some of it up this morning...for some reason, meaning I have never bought it and it smells good but kind of hard to tell if it is cooked or not. It looks the same after some time in the pan cooing as it did coming out of the casing! We will see. I want to scramble eggs to go with it. Right after I finish here. Becky has a later work start today so she is still here and that makes our getting ready a bit more of being in each other's way in the kitchen so I am here and ot in the kitchen...

Sniff, sniff...my nose is running this morning and I am hoping I am not getting what toddlers have. I will be taking the Zicam as soon as I can get to it.

I think I amgoing to ask Jimmy (friend who asked us to dinner) how he made the Spanish rice. I keep thinking about it and just decided to ask. I will probably find out it takes way more to do than I want to do, but maybe not. It was better than any I have ever had. Not dry at all.
      Karlinann, tan sounds good! At least enough of one to mean it is warm out and enjoyable. I hate to complain about our temperatures but my backyard is in the shade and if there is a breeze, we are chilly. There is no fence out front and no way I could take kids (these kids!) out front to get some warm air. In the way past, I have, but that was when I had a bit older kids and no one who just ran off (kind of like my schnauzer used to!).

Beth, I hope you post pictures of the party or maybe send me some? I know privacy is an issue with our kids. I am sure it will be great!
      Nice to have dinner plans, Sharon. What do you order there? I am thinking I want to go out for dinner either this evening later, after the shelter, or more likely, tomorrow...
      Becky will be busy doing coding for her research assistant job and it has to be quiet. She has to read what students have written and then decide what category their story falls into and fthen do percentages, and all kinds of coding that I really haven'tfollowed, just say, Oh, when she tlaks about it (and that seems ok ). So her schedule works with my decision to have my own day! I have shopped for food already and want to shop for clothes and just take some time for relaxation...whatever that means. Nice to not have any appointments for me or for the dogs.

Oh, Maxi, cinnamon hearts are one of my favorites! And I know this sounds weirf to most people unless you have seen them or eaten them, chocolate covered cinnamon bears!!! I had them when I visited a friend in Utah and was hooked! I mean so good that I am thankful they arent' sold around here, but I may go looking on Amazon today just because.

I have no idea what the weather is today; still too dark to see the sky, although I am sure it is getting lighter. Yesterday it rained in the morning early, and I thought it would be fine to go out: we went out and there were still just a few little kpuddles. But with everyone in boots and my saying, no water...yeah, that didn't work. I ended up washing clothes as soon as we came in and then after nap dressing everyone back in their clothes. No outside time today if it rains or has been raining.

Have a good day and hope you have eaten by now, Sharon!

Comment

Good rainy morning. Blah! Yesterday was sunny though.

Yesterday we took Blaise to the Children's Hosp Dental Clinic to have 3 teeth pulled under sedation. Mission accomplished. Kathy was her normal drama queen self. Me, I just sat there and watched and consoled. We were in and out in a little under 2 hrs, and because the hospital parking garage was so full, we were instructed to park in a no-parking zone per an employee. We were so close to the doors. Blessed! We dropped Kathy off and stopped at BK on the way home for some lunch. He didn't eat much, but a couple hours later he got his appetite and finished everything off. Later on I made him fresh mashed potatoes & apple sauce. He was a happy camper. I thought he'd nap during the afternoon, but he never did. Would you believe they weren't allowed to give us the teeth due to them being a bio hazard? How dumb is that? They had a note for the tooth fairy though to put under their pillow explaining. I got squat done the rest of the day.

I found a lab order yesterday when I was cleaning a corner, so I did that before eating this morning. I'm working on cleaning & organizing one or two little areas everyday. At least that's my goal. Today I would like to write my Thank You letter to my customers. Also update my customer address listing. I like to get it all done in January and then in October I just put the finishing touches on before mailing out.

I don't like any of those weird tasting candies. Just give me chocolate in any shape.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Your own teeth are a bio hazard? That is almost funny! But we have used notes to the tooth fairy when a tooth has been swallowed or lost. Put me on your mailing list for next Christmas. I could not get one batch of simple chocolate chips cookies baked for Santa without it being an ordeal and two of us working at it. Thanks!

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          You will never regret being on her mailing list! May I suggest not waiting till Christmas? Any time is good for cookies!!!
      Working...
      X