Wednesday, January 08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, January 08

Good morning Rounders! My Mammogram went off without a hitch. It was the same Tech, but she was so gentle this time. Now I'm good for 2 years.

I worked outside in the yard for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. I got sun on my face and got a new planting area dug out for plants. It was the area around the Chaste tree that is difficult to mow because of the slope. I can transplant some flowers to fill that area in and no more mowing. The birds love that tree.

Today is Aldi's shopping day, and in the afternoon I will be scrubbing these bathrooms. Ugh! Somebody has to do it, right! Hey, I bought some of the Awesome Degreaser and Stain Remover at The Dollar Tree and it is Totally Awesome! It cleans up the greasy messes around the GF grill, it cleans the sink, and it cleans the sink stopper. I love it!

My B/P is down even more this morning. Way more actually! I just took a sinus pill a few minutes ago and am waiting for it to make me sleepy and I'll go back to bed. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning Karliann and all that follow. Another cold morning but my electric throw helps. I have no plans to do much of anything today except cook supper? All the appts. and testing is driving me crazy, taking up to much of my days. Doing all of this before I see surgeon next week.

jostoy understand the government and types of loans and how drawn out it can be. Hope soon it will be over and it will be just a memory of all the years there. Just very happy you are in an area with family and someone to do things with.

well nothing much else to say. Have a good day.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning..today I am meeting friends for a very early birthday meal. Friday is my 40th birthday. I had friends over to play games last night. We had so much fun! I am having cheese dip and chips for breakfast.

I am enjoying my last week off going back to work on Sunday night. I will be glad to see everyone but it has been a nice break.

Comment

Morning! Today is haircut day..yay!! It is carry out night..double yay!!! Blues won last night so add another yay!!!!
        Sounds like a good day.

Andrew took the jeans and he and his mom will discuss the length. He also took the sweatshirt. Probably because I told him if he didn;t want it his sister would take it. Be nice to have him settle into a size for a while. I had forgotten how boys grow...like weeds for a while then nothing for months. I am ready for the nothing for months phase.

Going home for a haircut will cut my day in half so doubt anything will get done. Did do half the iron and need to do more laundry. Tomorrow is another day. Jon is off tomorrow so he will cook and that means I am finished for the week. I had the best chocolate cake Saturday at the housewarming and I need to get her recipe. It was a vegan cake and I gotta tell you it is staying in my mind. She had some flavor in that chocolate icing. Yum.

Do not want to hear the news. Haven't even listened to the weather. Does look sunny out but I think rain toward the weekend. No matter because I have nothing to do and no where to go. The last of the yarn order and the pillow shams came in yesterday. I should have ordered a size smaller for the shams but then will do. I have all year to work up the yarn since I am going to make a Christmas afghan and the yarn was to cheap to pass up. I have projects and dirt to clean and my bed needs changing so guess I will sit around and think about what I need to do before I leave.

I am going to look for that Awesome Degreaser but I have a Dollar Store not a Dollar Tree. Have a great day everyone!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a DT brand.

Our Aldi's got all new shopping carts! I don't understand that. There was nothing wrong with the others. Now they will probably jack up some prices to pay for them. Woe is me!
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

good foggy morning! Quiet right now as the kids are just settling into playing and eating.. one eats so slowly.

Last night was unbelievable! I had more than enough energy to make the banana sheet cake right after daycare and took it to my friend who had asked on Facebook if I had made it and how it was. It has a browned butter frosting and I love this recipe! I had perfectly just over ripe bananas so timing was great. And so thankful I went. I did not know how badly she was doing and I stayed a couple of hours. I can’t spell or hardly say what she has but her stomach does not digest food and she has tube feeding but is still losing weight. The doctor has again changed her formula and hope she can stop losing weight. Any prayers for Barbara would be greatly appreciated.

I am cooking up the ground beef for my shelter meal so I can see if I need to get more. I will go to Walmart after daycare. I always struggle with knowing how much to prepare. It stems from when Becky volunteered there and would come home and say the meal was not enough for the amount of guests. I am going to stay Friday and serve, too.

ok, baby #1 is crying.
          Hope you all have a good day and wonderful people to talk with and love!

Comment

Good Morning! It's cold, blustery, then sun keeps trying to peek out, and there is a dusting of snow which is blowing around & around.

My big accomplishment of yesterday was making 6 Samoa pies. I did cook a real dinner. That's it. Oh, and I did go into the Ford garage and get a new battery for my car. The guy that we've been dealing with told my husband he was one lucky guy to have me as a wife. LOL! Made my day.

Blaise came home from school & ended up falling a sleep on the floor in the living room around 5pm and didn't wake up until 9:30. Of course he didn't want to go to bed & sleep. He was still awake at midnight. He'd been grounded off electronics yesterday, so there was no motivation to stay awake. LOL!!!! Missed out on a great dinner.

This morning I have to run into town AGAIN because I don't have all the ingredients to make all the carrot cakes I want to bake. I want to make enough for 6 cakes. So off to Aldi's I'll go. Kind of waiting for the weather alert to expire before heading out. Then it'll be home to bake, bake, bake.

Tomorrow morning Kathy & I are taking Blaise to Childrens Hospital to their dental clinic to have his mouth worked out...teeth pulled & filled. No school tomorrow. Already told his teachers.

Oops, forgot to hit post. Just got back from town. Decided to stop at the SA Thrift Store, and got something for everyone. I always check for work jeans for Corky, and found 2 pr. Now hopefully they fit OK.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Like Boffler our vacation is booked. Just have to come up with my half of the rent so will call for that transfer tomorrow. We have not told Andrew so will tell him tonight. I am so happy to have something to look forward to.

Sierra called this morning and I met her for lunch so left even earlier than I had planned. She has been in a very good mood and even listened to me for a few things. Her bank has changed hands and they are starting a bunch of fees and I told her to go through the new pamphlet they sent and highlight any questions she had and she did! Went to the bank and talked to them. These banks and their fees are not very friendly to people starting out. Not everyone has a huge savings account and can keep a big balance in their checkbooks. But her direct deposits are large enough to qualify for fee waivers. They are starting out and what goes in comes out just as quickly but I gotta say I think she is doing ok. Even said she may take over her car payment this summer. I do not believe that but it was nice to hear and for her to acknowledge that I am making her car payment. Her insurance payment every month is as large as an average persons car payment. But you gotta learn and it is time she stood on her own two feet without us subsidizing her. BUT for today I am happy to be going on vacation this summer.

Got a great haircut and it looks so nice until tomorrow when I get to do my own thing with it. Suppose to get over 3 inches of rain starting tomorrow so may need to go out for groceries tonight. Drew loves to fill my cart with his crap. We are about out of marshmallows. Can't have that....the kid brings them in to me toasted just the way I like them. His hot dog roasting is another story. Learned to stick to marshmallows. Had Mexican for lunch so may try for Chinese for supper. Have a great rest of the day!

Comment

What a good busy day you all are having! Drizzle has kept us in today but they all had a nice nap and are now watching the yard guy trim the tree limbs. The tree guys never got back to me except to say how busy they are so when Steve offered to do it and he was talking about cutting the same limbs so I agreed. And he will be a few hundred cheaper.

When we had dinner at a friends who served us Mexican food we had the Best Spanish rice! I want to make some but don’t really want to ask. I will at least wait till I see him at church. Texting or calling might send a different message. He is single and I as told looking for a new wife. Nice guy but I am not interested.

Ok, my check in with you all has been fun for me to read.

See you in the AM!

Comment

Working...
                X