Saturday, November 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, November 23

Good morning Rounders! We are supposed to get rain today. I hope so.

I bet some holiday travelers are worried about the weather report. I feel for them.

Not much to report here. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning....its all white outside but not from snow, a very heavy frost last night and its only 27 ° right now...

Plans today are for OSU football!! Go BUCKS!! Got a couple of TBones out for grilling today, will make a baked potato and some sort of veggie..other than that, no plans for me..

Hope everyone has a good and safe weekend....
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning! Today is our big family Thanksgiving and I am looking forward to it. Maybe even more since I am not hosting. Been there and done that and happy to pass it on! Some type of precip was to fall last night and things are damp out but no white of any type. YAY!

Can't think of anything of importance I did yesterday. Did laundry and ironed. Still cannot find that bird book...Jon says if it is stuffed in a basement box it will not see daylight again and he may be right. Guess I'll order a new one. I did order a Christmas gift yesterday. Maybe today will give me a shot of Christmas spirit. Thursday was the second anniversary of the accident that took Sierra's friends and I think that may have been working on all of us. Even Jon had commented on the date so it stays in your mind..and heart.

Just heard sleet hitting the window so have turned on the local news. Blues play tonight so have something to look forward to this evening. A football game has never been on our tv, Boffler! We pay for a sports package on Direct Tv but only so I do not miss any Blues or Cardinals games on any channel. Andrew does like NASCAR but that is his moms thing.

Hope the weather is exactly what you want it to be. Just heard that sleet/snow mix is on the back of our weather so maybe it will clear up by the time we leave. Temps are 34 here...a damp cold. Burr!

Comment

Good morning..I am headed to six flags with a friend. He messaged me a few weeks back and has a coupon on his season pass to get me into the park for 20.00. Their Christmas lights and displays start today.

other than that it will be a quiet weekend

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a bargain Beth! My kids love Six Flags and do Fright Fest but I would rather do the Christmas lights. Dress warm!!

Good morning all.

Well I'm to get an injection on Dec. 12th. Up here I have to have someone go with me. At Vincennes I drove myself. I also have to stop all vitamins and suppliments for 6 days prior to the injection. Have no idea as to why on that either. I did find out that I have arthritis on the outside of the vertebrae on Lumbar 3,4 & 5 as well as spinal stenosis. No wonder I've hurt so bad. And no I can't take any pain meds. Not even Tylenol since my gastric by pass. All pain meds that they have tried makes my very light headed or lowers my blood pressure to the point that I get sick to my stomach. So I do physical things to reduce the pain.

Sharon, your Walleyes beat the crap out of the Komets. Score was 5 to 2. But I did get to see some very good fights. I really liked one where a Komet player kept hold of the Walleye even with the ref between them. Most times it was the Walleye team that would start the fight, but both would go to the penalty box. I thought that the guy had ahold of the helmet, but my nephew said he had ahold of some skin. So I figured the guy probably had a beard. The Komet player held him that way all the way to the penalty box before he turned the guy loose. The crowd was encouraging the hold. Another time there were 2 fights going on and the refs could only handle 1, so the others 2 guys got some good punches on each other. It's my understanding that the Komets and Walleyes are not in love with each other, and the Walleyes usually win.

Today I need to go to Wally World to get some sort of muscle pain reliever like Ben Gay or something similar. When I fell in my SIL's garage Wednesday, I think I pulled a muscle on my right side under my arm. It was starting to heal somewhat, but my little great-great niece pulled on my arm last night,, and it immediately started hurting again.

Enough hockey and complaining. Will just tell you all to have a great day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Never enough hockey talk! Hope you booed with the crowd...

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          I have used Aspercreme, Ben Gay, and various other creams on my muscles, but the best thing that I have used is Icy Hot patches. Try it!

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Deep Blue by DoTerra! I have used all the ones in the store and then tried this. On Amazon I even was able to buy some Deep Blue packets which would be good if you want to try before ordering. I don’t use their oils anymore but this cream really took away my sciatic pain and my shoulder when I fell and hurt it.
          I don’t want to start anything here but CBD cream also works in the right strength!

I had to do a few things and then got distracted. I am again going through my closet and if anything is too loose or just isn’t something I wear, I am donating it.
        i can not turn down donations from others so I tend to always have too many pieces.

Today is one of those rare Saturdays with no appointments and just some great time to do the little things I mentally put on a When I have time list.
        For Monday’s funeral I am making a chocolate bundt cake but will make it tomorrow.

Gosh, Jostoy, that game! And in person! I forgot about the ice fights they get into.

we are setting up my mothers big tree tomorrow but that will be fun and not a pressing kind of job. I have some Harry and David’s Moose Munch popcorn and Aplets and Cotlets for us while we decorate. She also has an aluminum tree from when we lived overseas, early 60’s. That usually gets decorated with Mickey and Minnie ornaments she has bought over the years.

Beth, I wish I could go along! I love how different parks do special lighting at Christmas! Like zoos! I went to Stuart’s and we visited the Portland Lights at Christmas at their zoo.

I am also studying what and how to plant under my mulberry tree.
        Yesterday afternoon I took the kids out after naps and I cut some trumpet vine and they had fun gathering up all the cuttings. Simple things!

Sunny here and I better get back to work while this sun is shining.
        Hope you all get relief on the pain.’
        And maxie, enjoy that dinner and family!

Comment

Hello! The sun has been shining off & on, which is way better than the last few dreary days. Cold though.

Guess what I've been doing? Baking!!!! The last 2 afternoons I ended up going into town to pick up supplies. I only had 10lbs of flour left, so I HAD to go get more yesterday, but of course I found other things I needed. Stopped at Dollar Tree to pick up the 9" metal pie pans I had them reserve for me. Then onto Giant Eagle to get 10lbs of fresh yams....how did all that other stuff jump into my cart? LOL!

Kathy didn't want Blaise until today sometime. She was afraid he'd be mad. I said, for heaven's sake, just tell him. He'll get over it. He wasn't mad. We watched several episodes of The Twilight Zone. I then prepped stuff for this morning's baking.

This morning I baked 4 pies....2 for a customer & 2 8" pies to give away. Used up the leftover bumbleberry pie filling. Sue came out for a couple hours and finished making & rolling all the pie crusts we'll need for next week's pie baking marathon. I puttered around making some PB pies for the freezer, and packing some cookie orders. I feel a nap coming on.

Cork had to work today until 1pm. Once he gets home, takes a power nap, and Blaise is gone, we are going to head into town to WM so he can do his weekly shopping.

Comment

Working...
          X