Friday, December 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, December 21

Where is that Ark? It's still raining and I'm pretty sure that bucket on the Lanai is ready to be emptied again. Yikes!

I have a mammogram appt for Monday. Can you believe they are open Christmas Eve?

Today I am forced to clean the bathrooms since my magic wand is nowhere to be found. Oh, the drudgery of it all! Why can't that little sprite come in the night when I'm sleeping and wave her wand?

If the sun shows it's bright face today I will be out there. We may go shopping this afternoon at Aldi's, but not sure. Have a good day and I'll be back later.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! It's a wet one here too. Blah!

Yesterday was busy, but not as busy as it has been. Sue & I didn't think we'd have much to do, but we did. Baked off some cookie dough...just 2 kinds...filled more ladylocks. Made a couple more trays. Had people coming & going picking up orders. Mixed up and rolled the pie crusts needed for Sunday & Monday's orders. The light is getting brighter at the end of the tunnel! Baked a pie for the morning bus driver. He loves pie. I've actually now have him smiling and giving me a little wave in the mornings. That's a HUGE accomplishment! LOL!

This morning I have to run into town as soon as Blaise gets on the bus and get back before my first customer gets here at 10am. I've got the blasted lemon bars in the oven right now. I've procrastinated making them as long as I could. The customer is coming at 11am, so they HAD to be made today.

I'll be back later....time to get Blaise moving for his last day of school for 2018.

BTW Karlinann….when I worked at the hospital, Christmas Eve was a regular day.

Tootles!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      This is an Imaging Center, but yeah now that I think about it they do need to make a living. LOL!

It is a nasty day here too...rained all day yesterday on our shopping trip but it did not deter us. We lingered over breakfast and we lingered over iced coffee at Starbucks and we lingered over lunch and in between we did a little shopping. Then a long drive home in the rain. When I got home Sierra had cookies in the oven and we mixed icing and finished the cut out cookies. Andrew came in from school hacking and snotting so he was not allowed in the kitchen. He sure felt and looked feverish but when I took his temp he was normal. His last day of school for the year too with an early dismissal.

Today is the day before our Christmas Eve so have things to do. Starting with a haircut then a grocery list. The kids have finally chosen a menu for tomorrow night. Neither cared until the other made a choice then that wasn't good. Like Kindergartners! Jon took the day off so he will take control of the menu and shopping. I have a gift Andrew bought his grandpa to wrap and I went out and picked up something for Sierra's bf in case he shows up this weekend. He needs a complete makeover and cleanup but I got him a scarf and gloves. He won;t use them because he is to manly and scarves do not go with dirty sweatshirt jackets but he will have a gift. He won't be bringing us anything!

Time to start the day...Your fairy did not leave that magic wand here but wish he had! I bet that bus driver is a happy camper, Cookie! Have a great one all of you.

Comment

Good Morning, looks wet out there, but not raining now. Sounds like Karliann is getting our share of rain...but if we get snow we can swap..

Maxie, how very kind and considerate of you to buy said bf scarf and gloves, laughing while you did it for all the reasons you named, LOL..

Donna glad your baking season is coming to a close, you need to rest a bit before the holidays begin.

No magic wand or cleaning fairies here at my house, so guess it is up to me...hubby has been busy with real estate so he has not been much help at all...that was not what I expected when he wanted to do real estate part time after he 'retire'. oh well...the guy I told you about would never be allowed here, it wasn't us he was stalking but the neighbors at the trailer park where he had his trailer well they evicted him and he had to sell his trailer so he could leave...and he chose my hubby as his real estate person...and he calls him constantly... He must be a sad, lonely, hateful ole man...

Well time is a wasting I need to get busy. Will be glad to see my grandgirls for a short visit, and after that, as far as I am concern time to take down decorations and move on..
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I am nothing if not kind, considerate and compassionate...saint comes to mind! If he goes to return them he will be very surprised at what a great sale Penney's had. So maybe saint is not the right the word to describe me...frugal maybe.

Good morning! ☕️

Today should be 77°, but climbing down steadily. Right now it’s 44° out there. Christmas will be in the 60’s, and pre-melted snow dripping down. It won’t exactly be a white Christmas. Then the next several days will be in the 50’s.
      Tomorrow our nephew and his wife are treating us to a dinner at their favorite steak restaurant. I hope they offer something other than steak. We have never been to this restaurant. It looks like a somewhat dressy occasion.

Today i am going to clean out the pantry as much as possible. Donate what is donatable, and trash the rest.
      My brother is sending a David & Harry’s gift.........any grapefruits will be immediately donated, since our meds will be affected by it. But I will have another big box to pack stuff for Goodwill. So much to do yet.
      Where is that darn fairy and her wand? Maybe it will have mercy and help out. Or more likely, it will fly to the other side of the world and find warmer weather to bask in.

I’m glad to say I have no more med appointments for the rest of this year.
      E keeps my candy jar full of Dove dark chocolates, but I noticed he goes through them faster than I do. LOL.

So so that’s pretty much my news for today. Will be back to read posts later.
      I think with our temps going down, I am hoping the warmth is heading your way. ☀️. Have a good day!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning! Yesterday was the last day till next Thursday for a couple of kids and one is the hard baby/toddler so my day should be good enough to make some of the phone calls I need to make (like yesterday!) and I should be able totalk and hear whatever needs said.

It rained last night while we were at the movie and thenagain during the night. I have three large bags and one smaller one for the donation truck so all bags are tied tightly and out by the curb. Becky had the most. I swear I don't know how we have so much to donate and I hate to think how much is relatively brand new...

Sometime just before drifting off to sleep I suddenly (like now more sleep and wide awake!) remembered I haven't bought a turkey or anything for Christmas dinner! There have been so many church dinners, breakfasts, shelter dinner and funeral dinners that I have been going one weekend at a time for these major meals. So maybe tonight after daycare I will get to the store (again!) and get what I need.
        Yikes! When I thought of how long it takes to defrost a turkey...so tonight will be the shopping day.

Everything is pretty clean here, but not Holiday company clean. Some old friends will be travelling through on Sunday morning and I want to have it spiffy and shining! Sarah is my kids' age, but we have been friends since serving together in our church women's organization. I was the president and she was an awesome secretary. They moved to San Antonio where she is a professor at the college. She has always ben a great source for Becky when Becky needed information and primary source accounts in history. So it will be a fun short visit talking school, grad school and whatever.

I met with my family at the Hampton Inn last night to introduce them to a friend who will officiate at the funeral. Right there in the lobby I noticed the tree is the same one I have. We all took turns telling Gene stories about my cousin and shed a few tears and shared hugs.

The candy of choice here is Hershey Nuggets. I also bought a bag of the Lindor milk chocolate balls, but I am surprised that it is the nuggets that are going down faster.

I better get moving. No one should be here for about 20 minutes, but that only means I could easily be surprised. I really need the five day break!

And I have to get a check in the mail for a DIL and start the day!
        I hope yours has started well and if the sky is gray, just turn on a few more lights inside! I will tell you later if that works...

Comment

Good morning. My morning has been spent chilling with my daddy. We went and Christmas shopped for my mom with coupons their drug store gives them. Lotion...slippers...a new diffuser and earrings.

with daddy at an appointment then headed to spend time with friends

Comment

Well, the rain stopped finally, but we have a wind alert for 24 hours. It is really blowing hard and all that rain will get dried up pretty fast. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Also, the wind blew down 4 big Palm fronds from the huge Palm in the front yard. They were dead and just hanging there for awhile now and I'm glad they are down.
            "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I always wonder who can get up and cut away those dead fronds! We have some very tall palm trees around here.

the truck just picked up the bags! Becky had donated so many pair of shoes! Size 6.5. We don’t know any one who is the right size and age for her shoes!
              a few years ago some van pulled up and Stole the bags! So I am always happy when I see the truck and know they went to the right place.

3 kids and 0 drama!!!

Comment

Working...
              X