To Jo and All my Rounder Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Jo and All my Rounder Friends

JoG, I wanted to thank you for the sweet Christmas card. I no longer send them and was not sure I would even have the wearwithall to thank you. So I hope this means is OK.

Ladies, I will probably return to the RT. I miss it terribly, but right now, the memories make me sad, and it is so hard to come here. Although your friendships have been some of my most meaningful for nearly 20 years, it is hard to realize all that has happened. Maybe that is why my heart can't take it all in right now.

Everything is OK. I am doing some things in the house that need working on - a couple of rooms with floor covering. Moving some furniture around, making things easier to take care of, I guess.

Our nephew who has his cattle here is in the process of taking some furniture I can't look at and don't want, but he went off and had hernia surgery and cannot lift anything right now. How inconsiderate! LOL

So I take one day at a time. I didn't realize how ill equipped I am at taking care of everything in a home. I have had more light bulbs burn out in 3 months that in 30 years, and I cant reach any of the light fixtures. But I do have some good backup.

Well, I am off to church. My church family has been my salvation. They provided food for the entire Thomas clan and helped me put together John's memorial. They even cleaned the church so well that we haven't had to chase too many dust bunnies since.

I will return when I am stronger, but I just wanted you all to know I love and cherish each of you.

Elaine, it is SO good to hear from you!
    It takes time to recover from all you have been through. And it is hard on the heart and mind, until you can cope with it all.
    I am glad that you have family and friends around you to help you deal with things.
    I am sure you are in the hearts and prayers of all the Rounders. I, for one, think of you frequently.

Maintaining a house and property is a lot of work. E & I can no longer handle it all, which is why we are trying to prepare to move to a Senior Living apartment soon. No set date yet. We are still going through stuff.

Meanwhile, we do look forward to your return to the RT when you are ready. We all care about you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Ladyebug, I'm very happy to hear that you'll return 1 day. Just take your time, and when you're ready, we'll be here for you. I lost my best friend in Sept., and know how hard it is for me, so can't imagine the heartache when you loose your spouse. Take care.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

(((Elaine))) I'll catch up with you after the holidays. Love ya & Merry Christmas.

Comment

Elaine, some of us understand how difficult this has been for you. Use and accept all the love and support being given to you. We will all be here waiting for you to come back.

Comment

Oh, Elaine, your post is a true gift today! You are in the hearts, thoughts and prayers of so many of us and those around you.
            We will be here for you and if there is anything at all that can be done from a distance (or by networking our many friends in other places) just hint that you need something.
            We all love you and want to ease your burden.

Comment

Ladyebug, so good to see you post again. I would like to offer my condolences on your loss. I realize that we don't have the relationship that you and the other Rounders have, but I do think about you and hope to see you back soon. Peace and plenty.
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

so GOOD just to see your name here, Elaine,.. truly amazing how this place called the Roundtable brought us all together.. .how DAvid and I found a deep friendship with you and John in a couple of visits....( tears are running, making typing difficult.). Come visit the RT when you can, take comfort from the friends on here who love and care for you.. and some of us understand your sorrow even more so because of their losses..
                ..... I just miss you..a friend who I could talk to for hours. I am so glad your church family has you surrounded in love and care! I sure wish I lived down the road from you..instead of of a 16hour drive away. ...you are hugged.!

Comment

Elaine, I pray in time your broken heart will mend a bit and you will once again join us, but know this is a very difficult time for you...do what feels right for you ...you are thought of with love and prayers and missed.
                  Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

(((Elaine)))

Comment

Working...
                    X