Friday Aug 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Aug 24th

A Very Quick GOOD MORNING! The sun is shining and it's been nice the last week in the 70's.

As usual, the normal now is baking, baking, and more baking. The amount of pies has lowered compared to other years, but I have personal orders of pies & cookies. God provides! He gives what we need, not necessarily what we want. We want enough to pay back our roof money/savings, but other things keep popping up. Yesterday it was 4 new tires for the newer Escape. The kicker is it still shudders when you brake. GRRRR!!!

Blaise came home with his money from working yesterday and promptly spent it all. Just like his mother....burns a major hole in their pocket. He's going back to work picking beans today again. School doesn't start until next Wed, but with him picking beans, it's like he's already back to school. Just comes home filthy.

After working this morning, Sue & I are going to check out a couple garage sales.

Have a good one all!

Good Morning...well off to a very bad start this morning, no water in the house...yesterday I said to hubby that the water was tasting funny and maybe it was time to flush the well, which consists of using to gallons of bleach down the well...call into the company who installed it and within 15 mins. he was here and is here now. Using a lot of hand sanitizer, hope this doesn't get expensive, LOL...I got 7 qts. of tomato juice done yesterday, and some green peppers diced for the freezer, was going to get my red peppers done this morning and run the dishwasher, guess it will come later...

Had dinner and cake at my friends house last evening, great connecting again...she was 12 yrs. old when I moved into the neighborhood, she babysat my kids sometimes, then as she grew up had kids of her own we became great friends on a more equal type friendship which remained until I moved from the neighborhood to move to IL...great to be back together again, it was a celebration of her daughters birthday and she makes delicious cakes, I mentioned that on Facebook and ended up with and invitation...

Well the guy replaced our sensor on the pump, only had a three year warranty, he is now gone, we have water and the bill was $180.00....quick and easy this one was...Time to finish flushing the bleach out of the well and get my day started, LOL..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning, early birds, and all who follow.

yesterday we did have a bit of afternoon rain. But not a whole lot. It’s supposed to be partly cloudy through the weekend.

yesterday I did get a few chores done. Today will be about the same. We started to fill another big bag for goodwill.
      the hospital pharmacy called, wanting to know if I needed a refill on my new medication yet. No. They will call back in a couple of weeks. Monday I do have a followup appointment with labwork. The question is if I need another blood infusion. We will see. I think I’ve been doing okay. I’m never sure, except I do tire out quickly, but that can be the weather or med’s Side effect. We will see what my blood count is. I take the positive frame of mind, so the blood test results are more accurate in preventing problems.

i feel I’m overdue for a haircut. But my hair is trying to curl up and gets frizzy in this humid weather. But Labor Day is approaching, and I’d like to reserve time when it’s not too crowded to get it done. And while she isn’t taking time off for the holiday.

Well, that’s about it for me. I need my cuppa to wake up.
      Have a great day..

oh, Cookie.... while Blaise is earning money, it may be a good time to get him a savings account. He should be putting a portion of his money into the account, but no less than $1. And he can spend some on himself. Some kids learn it is fun to watch their savings grow. It can go towards his college, or his first car, or something very special.
      Last edited by JoGee; 08-24-2018, 08:21 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning. It is 65* now and will be in the low 90's today. Only 80* at noon and that means a lot of good outdoor time. the wind cam eup in the afternoon yesterday s it was a little smokey when the kids went home, but I didn't have to do much. Ran to the pizza place we like for salads: big Italian one with chicken added. It is good for two meals!

Our big fire is 93% contained. I am not sure about the one on the coast. It is still making the sun brilliant hot pink at sunset. Out fairgrounds still is the base camp for the National Guard and Cal Fire. So restaurants and pizza, etc are making some extra money.

I am ready for the end of this week! After daycare this evening we are going to HOme Depot. I want to look at some things and maybe buy a metal safety rail like the kind I see in bathrooms...but I want it at the back door for a hand rail. We don't have anything to hold onto going down the steps andI have started to feel like I want something there. When my exercise bike was by the back door it was easy to grab hold of the handlebar and use that. Anyway, I ordered a drill from Amazonlike the one we were borrowing and that should be here today or tomorrow.

Sharon, the homemade tomato juice just sounds wonderful! I will probably add that to my grocery list.
        Jo, I wish my pharmacy kept track and called me about my Rx. I wait too long sometimes and then get stuck on the weekend or waiting for a doctor...

Donna, the baking almost makes me think I could make a pie, but I know my limits and will think of yours!
        Have a good day, Maye! I know those big meals and even those big homemade soups require so much work these days!

Everyone who is checking in with me and all who follow: enjoy the day and let us know how you are doing, please!

Comment

Good morning...today is day 1 of the new job. I need to get a shower and breakfast then wait on my sister to come get me.

Comment

Paula, my hospital pharmacy calls because the new med is a controlled substance. I suspect it is also still new enough that they are noting what its doing, how I’m doing, and what side effects are foremost —- judging by the head pharmacist’s questions every time I pick it up.
            My other prescription has been taken over by the military TriCare for Life program, because I get it cheaper from them. I questioned having it delivered, because the vehicles for deliveries are not air conditioned, and I was concerned our hot climate would break it down. But they package it well.
            Everything else I take are vitamins and OTC items.
            The “regular” pharmacy we use down the street does phone us if we have a prescription for pick-up there. They have been very good about that. it is in our Fry’s/Kroger store. They also check with the doctor when our prescription is going to expire.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Tried several times to post this morning but it has been a rainy morning and the satellite keeps going out. But I would rather have that out than my water Sharon! Still raining and sometimes it pours but it never stops...3 1/4 in the rain gauge. This is suppose to bring the hot back in and I am going to a pool party this weekend. Will pack my suit but pretty sure it will stay packed. I need warmer water and we have had some cold nights.

Yesterday we did a big grocery shopping. It is so nice to have someone carry. I am seeing improvement in my shoulder and I thought trying to rest it would be harder but, finally, the people around here are cooperating. Woke this morning with a stuffy head and ear but read someplace and even Sierra told me that they were talking about it in class that the midwest is having a lot of sinus problems with the residue in the air from the Canadian and western fires. Funny how a catastrophe in one area can affect another. I have seen some beautiful sunset pictures they claim are from the stuff in the air.

Cookie, Andrew is the opposite with money. He is a stasher! I know he has several hundred in his box under his bed and I have ask him to put it in the bank but he like Donald Duck's Uncle Scrooge and likes to run his fingers through it. Sierra works and still ask for lunch money but she is supporting a wart. Wonder when she will realize how ugly, nonproductive and expensive a big wart is...

We ran into the grass boy and his mom in walmart yesterday. We only see this sweaty, ratty boy with a bandana around his head but he cleans up to a nice looking kid. He likes Jon because he understands him and they can talk and his mother thanked Jon for giving him the job. It is nice to see he has a supporting family.

If the rain ever stops I will run out to get gas so I can leave early in the morning. Cookie I have not priced tires yet but it is on my list. Had wanted to start Christmas shopping but guess that will wait a while. Wanted to make a lego order for Andrew since he has already gone through the catalog and some of them go on back order. He wants another lego train set... Jon built him a big table and he has a village set up with several trains.

Good luck with your new job Beth. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...I will be back Monday!

Comment

Good evening..

been a busy sort of day... had to make a trip out to our bank.. afterward stopped in at restaruant and had a second breakfast./lunch combo... spent couple hours in afternoon at Donna's making grease balls, and catching up on our family chit-chat...

...our older car will be leaving for the junk yard... I called and dropped the insurance . will get a refund on the premium I just paid at the end of July..
                and sure hope we can get used to being a ONE car family... have not been that since very very early in our marriage.. I just think at our ages , and I don't like to see DAvid drive,,his right hand is almost useless with the nephropathy..so sudden emergency would be hard for him to handle. I don't really think we need to keep up two cars... . I"m taking any bets on how long it is until he will want to start looking tho'..

it is so peaceful to come to the Roundtable and read... thank you all for being here.. see you tomorrow!!

Comment

Working...
                X