Friday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday....

Good morning. It is a good morning because the sun is shining, temps are back into the 90s and I am getting a haircut today!!!! Amazing how fast your hair can grow.

Today I am up early and have every intention of doing something today before leaving. You can only let things go so long before you start looking around and seeing what a dust bowl you are living in. Need to do laundry and iron her shirts too. So After my cup of coffee I will start in....unless something better comes along!

Saw the doctor yesterday and will be getting another CT scan. The original scan showed the problem but they had hoped the MRI would help see what exactly what is going on. I have a growth of some sort growing over the shoulder joint. They are also concerned that what they saw in my breast from the original CT scan is so close to the growth in my shoulder. Now I would have never put those two together but it does explain why they were so thorough with those mammogram poses etc. So anyway I do not understand much so will get another CT scan and then decide what to do from there. I do know my shoulder is getting sorer and I want it fixed.

Funny thing is my sister called while I was sitting in the parking lot and I am going down there Thursday and Friday. How did she know I needed that? But I gotta say that the drive is getting longer and longer and I will be so glad when she moves that hour closer. It is not the drive as much as the traffic and speeds and has anyone noticed how inconsiderate other drivers are? The entire world has lost all civility. Everyone knows I am not a very social person but I actually find myself trying to be pleasanter to people in lines or around me. It just bothers me that we have so much hate and nastiness and pettiness. Even in driving!!

Oh well, sitting here and worrying about the world's behavior is not cleaning my house or starting laundry. Jon is off this weekend so hoping to get some painting done on door frames, etc. outside. Sierra is never around but better find time to learn to do her own ironing. My right arm is not just my eating arm but my ironing arm and that should concern her.

Sun is shining and I need some hot on my head so will delay the start of the day with another cup of coffee outside. Have a marvelous day each of you!!!!

Good Morning, Friday mornings always start fast, round up the trash, empty the small trash cans, clean the litter boxes, dump refrigerator items, etc. feed the kitties then finally sit down for a cup of coffee and some news, and my friends here at the roundtable..Yesterday was a busy one, and more to come today, canning season has started and what I am finding out is the older I get the slower I go, so I don't accomplish as much as I once did...I had been feeling out of sorts, and feet and legs swelling, shortness of breath, found out what I suspected in AFib again...so have an appt. on the 14th to have cardioversion done for third time difference is I will be admitted to the hospital and started on a different medication but you have to be in the hospital to start it, so for three days I will be there...health problems just never end, but they said I at least don't get all down about it, they love my 'healthy' attitude, LOL...

Well I have green beans to can, peppers to slice and freeze, zucchini to shred and freeze so I must get busy, have a great day one and all.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      We must be on the same writing schedule mornings! How do you stand all day to do all that canning and freezing? I get tired just sitting around! If you could combine our posts I would appreciate it. Then relax...you people wear me out!

Good morning everyone.

I'm still living, but not much of interest to report, so will bid you all a great day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
      Hope you do not mind, but I managed to merge the topics for today.

Am am sitting here with my cuppa, waking up. It’s going to be scorching for the next several days, 105-106°, topped off by 107° before temps ease down again. It may or may not get hotter than that. Good tIme to stay indoors. It was 80° by 6 a.m. It had been hotter here, but I think Senior citizens feel it more.

Maxie, I can’t imagine what they found from breast to shoulder, but you are in my thoughts. Tell Sierra you can give her ironing lessons now, so she can iron her things if your arm is disabled for a while. I understand how you feel about the drive to your sister’s place. I see it on the road when we go to Phoenix. Speeders going a zillion mph, road rage, lane changers who don’t seem to look out for other cars...etc..

Sharon, you’re like the Energizer Bunny. You just keep on going in spite of things. You are amazing, even if you are slowing down, which is what happens when mature and have health issues. You are also in my thoughts as well.
      I hope the Afib procedure goes very well for you.

Laundry awaits today. And whatever else comes up.

Oh, Ladyebug has been on my mind a lot. Does anyone hear from her?

To all, I wish you a beautiful day.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Jo for combining the posts.

Yay! I waited long enough that you guys have it all started up this morning!
      And what a wonderful morning it is here! I noticed it felt much cooler when I first got up but didn't go outside for a bit. It was 68* at 6:00 when I finally took garbage out and saw the temperature. So nice to open all windows and doors and get the 77* air out and the cooler air in.

(BTW: I have no idea how I changed this type font during my typing, but I like it!)

today I should have a switch of two siblings, meaning little 1 year old and big brother 8 year old aren't here but the big sister, 13, and the little brother, 4 will be here). So with only 1 15 month old baby it should be an easier day...the place is always a mess with two babies moving everything.

Maxie, that driving in crazy traffic is what keeps me at home. Luckily, driving to the airport is not stressful. Beyond the airport into Sacramento is pretty hectic and after last year's stay in downtown Sac and missing the parking garage and going into the wrong parking garage and getting stuck and honked at, well, by the time the valet at the Sheraton came to my car I was ready to get out in the middle of the street and hand him the keys and tell him I would need to be driven out of town! I was driving a rental car and couldn't figure out how to open the passenger window and just got the guy to come over to my driver's side and handed him the keys and got out. I think he could tell I was from really out of town and not a usual business guest. He was very sweet and did not roll his eyes and I tipped him well out of my gratitude for getting there in one piece. Did I mention I had already gone to the wrong hotel, in the wrong way entrance (and those valets were very nice, too), so I was a bit shaky and ready too get to my room and my friends!

I know I stress over some of the dumbest things, but when I go to Utah in a couple of weeks, speaking of traffic, my friend who Istay with just got her car back from being in an accident: She ran a red light and hit someone! Ugh! So now I have been thinking of how Awful (everyone says this) Utah drivers are and Linda is proving it right! It's a good thing we have been best friends since college, because this driving and the fact the last time I stayed there I had the worst bed and hardest pillow (I ended up using some of my own clothes for a pillow) and just did not have a good physical stay...but that isn't why I am going, right? Not for a spa. Her new house is a townhome and about 1/3 the size of the big home they moved from but took all their stuff, so it feels a bit claustrophobic...

Ok, I am finished. Just so good to feel cooler air.
      The fire is not contained, but is not coming our direction. And lots of people are being able to go back to their homes. Lots are finding their home ot there. Over 1,000 homes lost.

Hope you all have a good day and your pillows are all just right!

Comment

So this morning there was no smoke but at 9:00 it was so bad we are not going outside.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..
          Hip.hip hurry..I got my "NEW" tower..Finally...
          I am so happy..My old tower was on last leg...Now you see me more..
          And coming soon kittys pic..

Comment

Paula, I’m so sorry to hear that. I’ve been wishing for heavy rains on that fire. And I hope those people who have lost their homes find the means of putting their lives back together.
            Meanwhile, do you have any of those masks to filter the air you are breathing? It might be good to pick up a package at the drug store, if you don’t.

Hey, Jostoy, I’m glad you are alive and keeping out of trouble. Give yourself time to relax and heal.

Hi Sassy. Glad you got your new tower and posted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              JoeGee,Me too..It was awful..Now i am up to speed..Then real slow..Now i can be up to date...Now you can more of me..lol..
          Working...
          X